Bridgestone MY02 price and review

bimasakti

Oct 23, 2007
Shah Alam
Hi guys,

Its about time for to replace my rubbers. Recently just found out that this my02 quite new in the market. Anyone used/currently using them? Currently am using BS re002..perform very well to my liking. But, after got new baby born..my budget a little tight aredi.

By the way, am looking for 195/55/15..if possible in shah alam area and can get the best deal.

Thanks a lot! :adore:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
u can get any indon/thailand/korean/pinoy tyre but just please don't go for bridgestone my02 series....might be better with silverstone if u take the bridgestone my02 series... :adore:

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
u can get any indon/thailand/korean/pinoy tyre but just please don't go for bridgestone my02 series....might be better with silverstone if u take the bridgestone my02 series... :adore:
Not that bad I think. Just like MY-01(tried), MY-02(never try) may grip less in dry and wet but they are still much better than Silverstone M series where tyres skidded all over in wet.
From my experience, the cheap Achilles ATR Sport is better than MY-01 though.

mirage-rs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2010
Kajang
touger.wordpress.com
It grips fine... but don't try to tackle wangan midspeed turns above 170km/h... there is a slight "slide"... may be normal to some or may create panic/havoc.... luckily my fronts are on proxes T1R... gonna change soon... this MY-02 does not suit my driving style coming back and forth from work... hehehe... but if you are a good descipline driver... it just suits nice bro... :driver:

bimasakti

Oct 23, 2007
Shah Alam
wahh..that bad aa? thought coz its newly launch plus new design they will perform better..

anyway, i will avoid any silverstone coz had bad experience with my second car (viva).. bulging la..crack la.. and mind you, it was OEM from rawang.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
wahh..that bad aa? thought coz its newly launch plus new design they will perform better..

anyway, i will avoid any silverstone coz had bad experience with my second car (viva).. bulging la..crack la.. and mind you, it was OEM from rawang.

the design is ok..nothing wrong...but i think it is more related to rubber compound....

or if want really cheap tyre...those known china tyre also fared quite ok similar to those my02.....

but no comment on the buldging/crack issure...never have experience on those china tyre...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yes, MY-02 is new but the MY series from BS are budget design tyres. MY-01 they name something like Sports Tourer tyres. MY-02 is Sporty Style. I also don't understand....ha! ha!
Touring also is like entry level but this MY series pattern is directional looks like performance tyre...:mad:
BS performance Potenza tyre like the RE-002 you are using have AQ Donut II Technology but this MY-01 and My-02 do not have, so it is a very far downgrading for you.
What is your budget?

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

the design is ok..nothing wrong...but i think it is more related to rubber compound....

or if want really cheap tyre...those known china tyre also fared quite ok similar to those my02.....

but no comment on the buldging/crack issure...never have experience on those china tyre...
Yup, the compound different

bimasakti

Oct 23, 2007
Shah Alam
thanks bro vr2..i know its very far downgrading for me..but currently i only afford no more than rm500/pair. So thats a little tight budget i could say.. Or else is there any possibilities i can get toyo t1r at rm250/pc? Today just asked at segambut and they quote me rm290 for 195/55..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
thanks bro vr2..i know its very far downgrading for me..but currently i only afford no more than rm500/pair. So thats a little tight budget i could say.. Or else is there any possibilities i can get toyo t1r at rm250/pc? Today just asked at segambut and they quote me rm290 for 195/55..
Bro., 195/55R15 many tyre choice. If Toyo T-1R is at RM290, you might as well go for Michelin PS3.
RM250 budget still good,
Goodyear F1 D5 arund RM250 to 260 depends where you get them
Hankook V12Evo, should be below RM250
Comfort performance Yoko C-Drive 2 at RM240 at least better than MY-02
Cheaper can try Kumho Ecsta SPT KU-31 at RM210 but Made in Vietnam
Neuton NT8000 - RM180 Made in Indonesia

Some choices for you.....:driver:

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
My02 is a Sport tyre, but average performance to suit economic market.
That why MY02 or old pattern MY01 never categorize in POTENZA level, as u may aware it.
it design for budget market user that need a sport tyre for their ride. So don't expect too much on it, see price also can realize the different.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My02 is a Sport tyre, but average performance to suit economic market.
That why MY02 or old pattern MY01 never categorize in POTENZA level, as u may aware it.
it design for budget market user that need a sport tyre for their ride. So don't expect too much on it, see price also can realize the different.
Sports tyre - No, Average performance also no because comes with traction B rating only.
Not in Potenza - Yes, they put in category Others....and call it Sport Style....:banghead::banghead:

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Sports tyre - No, Average performance also no because comes with traction B rating only.
Not in Potenza - Yes, they put in category Others....and call it Sport Style....:banghead::banghead:
MY01 & MY02 are under sport category, but not in POTENZA level, it under entry level of sport tyre.
That why the grade and grip average only.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
MY01 & MY02 are under sport category, but not in POTENZA level, it under entry level of sport tyre.
That why the grade and grip average only.
Bridgestone call Sports style, because of thread pattern design, but I don't consider them sports and with traction rating B is below average.
Most tyres are traction rated A with UHP in AA rating.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Selamat hari raya
after a long break celebration, its quite an adjustment back to the norms, my buddy whom a car crazy & loves cars, expressed his intention of learning to maintaining his own white ride & pick up some DIY car detailing tricks of the trade

in the course of meeting, we inspects his ride, paint condition - (2 months old, only wash twice by the service center as he knew the tragic ending of prolong road side car wash)...after following my blogs for months, he is well informed &...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience