Brakes

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
don't know how to use the search function, so I started a new thread.

From what I heard, it seems people rarely uprate or upgrade their brakes. Is that true? When would you do your brakes, if at all?

Anyways, onto the topic. Anyone of you had done any mod for brake air vent? making a duct or funnel to direct cooling air to the brakes. Do you think it's neccassry for your driving?

And what brakes and/or brake components you use. I have a set Wilwood Dynalite, I think. Massive 4 pots.

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Maestro... yes people do upgrade their brakes, IMHO one of the most important Mod if you are considering some good power up. Brake calipers, pads, lines, fluid, rotors, master cylinder stopper ... all are important mods and yeah, some cooling will be great but not necessary if it hardly see track.

Wilwood Dynalite ... woohooo, great stuff.. you're absolutely on the rite direction. Comes with the bias adjustor too? :P~

llsaw

Known Member
Dec 23, 2003
Penang
thespfiles.blogspot.com
Dynalites are actually quite small in size.

I'm using a set of Wilwood Dynapros with DBA 276mm slotted rotors, Wilwood Polymatrix E Compound pads and Goodridge hoses with Motul Dot 5.1 brake fluid. Rear calipers are stock with DBA Longlife Gold rotors and EBC Blackstuff pads.. Oh.. and an EVO 1" master cylinder..

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I'm using VR4 twin pot for front + VR4 single pot for rear. Inclusive VR4 discs (non-slotted). Pads are WinMax 550 degC for front and WinMax 450 degC for rear. Master cylinder is also VR4. Brake hose is steel-braided, Hurricane.

Err... my car is only NA, non-turbo.

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
what do you guys think of the brake dust on your rims?

how long can I leave it there before the dust stays or eats into the rims?

llsaw

Known Member
Dec 23, 2003
Penang
thespfiles.blogspot.com
I normally clean my rims after a hard drive. Std (stock) pads are generally not too harsh on the rims and you can bide your time to clean (but pls dun wait for mths or years ;). Carbon metallic pads are however a different story and one with these pads should clean their rims soonest..

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
thanks llsaw.

not too much hard driving. yet :D Still in early stages of fully modding it. Now just ferrying around shops..

If it does get ugly with the dust, what can I do? well aside from getting some new rims :p

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In our efforts to continuously grow and bring you the best viewing and browsing experience, we are currently working with Microsoft on their Windows Azure Platform which helps us to bring you a better and faster video viewing experience.

We have selected three videos that we are proud of and that have received a large number of viewers to leverage the benefits of Cloud (tech speak for Windows...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience