brake pad

kahheng

Known Member
hi all,
would like to know about which type of brake pad is recommended for lancer cs3 1.6 auto? is it same as waja? if yes, i might go for BOSCH.. is it quite?

It is not same as waja, But Bosch do have brake pad made for Lancer GLX, I used few set oldi, So far so good. I can't find any others brands of Brake pad for CS3A

my suggestion - FERODO PADS
very good in emergency force braking , support high-temp , good performance compare with other brand of brake pads & 99.99 % dust free ...but bit pricey...around rm185-rm200 .

_________________________________________________________________________________
kahheng , sorry of tumpang ur post ...

M just wondering until how far or how many months which a new set of brake pads can stand to ?
how come every 1 3/4 months i've to change a new set of brake pads ? any sifu here can help me solved tis problem ? ( brake system-checked& service , abs-checked & no any sign of brake jam ) but how come the thread of brake pad like very fast finish ? any1 ?

wow tats fast..i thot it is suppose to last u at least 1yr/20k km.if u brake too much maybe 6mths. nver experience tat b4.. kampoon mind to tell wats the model for bosch brake pad??? high time to change ady

my suggestion - FERODO PADS
very good in emergency force braking , support high-temp , good performance compare with other brand of brake pads & 99.99 % dust free ...but bit pricey...around rm185-rm200 .

_________________________________________________________________________________
kahheng , sorry of tumpang ur post ...

M just wondering until how far or how many months which a new set of brake pads can stand to ?
how come every 1 3/4 months i've to change a new set of brake pads ? any sifu here can help me solved tis problem ? ( brake system-checked& service , abs-checked & no any sign of brake jam ) but how come the thread of brake pad like very fast finish ? any1 ?

That is ridiculous 1 3/4 month to change new brake pad,how many times did u change the brake pad?did ur drive stle causing that or that brand of brake pad cant last long for a powerful car like evo?

I dunno what brake pad model but the sticker stated for Lancer GLX 2005/06
or u can call evokit 012-6107616 for more details...My pad can last for at least 25K km mileage and my driving condition is mixture , hill (genting, Cameron, fraser Hill), city, highway.

You can refer to the bosch catelogue for your brake pad model, go to page Mitsu and look for CS model

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/downloads/BOSCH_Brake_WEB.pdf

Last edited:
My pads last me few years ... :rofl: because car hardly used .. also i hardly use brake ... :rofl::thefinger:

Ferodo and Bosch is good. Depends what kind of driving style is yours ... if u like to 'emergency' brake alot and hard driving around corners, then sure makan ... but 1 3/4 months abit too much .. maybe your brake adjustment not correct .. while driving still rubbing the rotor/disc ...

My pads last me few years ... :rofl: because car hardly used .. also i hardly use brake ... :rofl::thefinger:

Ferodo and Bosch is good. Depends what kind of driving style is yours ... if u like to 'emergency' brake alot and hard driving around corners, then sure makan ... but 1 3/4 months abit too much .. maybe your brake adjustment not correct .. while driving still rubbing the rotor/disc ...

I think his driving style is more advance than those Taxi driver up/down Genting Highlands.

That is ridiculous 1 3/4 month to change new brake pad,how many times did u change the brake pad?did ur drive stle causing that or that brand of brake pad cant last long for a powerful car like evo?

guys is real k...as i still keep those receipts for my personal reference...really curious about my own driving skill...but how come last time when i drove turbo's car which using same brand of brake pad ( ferodo ) can last longer till more than 6-7 months ?? really curious...any1 here can help me settle up this kinda thingy problem ??

Last edited:
You better go and check your brake function...maybe the pad is slightly Clipping the disc too near when u r driving.....have u check your disc thickness wear and tear ???

Milky......dun angry yar....we always like that one ..especially ProbaIce like to cucuk orang before he share anything.......no hard feelings yar....

got got........can get it from spare part shop....evokit changed for me so many times oldi....

icic, that day called him but he forgot the model... he told me he take out the pad n let the supplier see then provide...its stated on the box lancer glx 05/06 rite?

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

normally u all change the brake fluid at 40000km/ 2 yrs rite? what type of brake fluid is goood? i suppose any dot3/ dot4 will do...:)

Last edited:
icic, that day called him but he forgot the model... he told me he take out the pad n let the supplier see then provide...its stated on the box lancer glx 05/06 rite?

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

normally u all change the brake fluid at 40000km/ 2 yrs rite? what type of brake fluid is goood? i suppose any dot3/ dot4 will do...:)

Yes, The Box printed Lancer GLX 05/06

Dot 4 is always recommended, but sad to say that I never change b4.....But i did changed my power stering fluid every 25K

Hi All,

We would like to intro u all CARZO performance brake pads that u can get it in Klang Valley area.
We highly appreciated your supports and recommendation.

guys is real k...as i still keep those receipts for my personal reference...really curious about my own driving skill...but how come last time when i drove turbo's car which using same brand of brake pad ( ferodo ) can last longer till more than 6-7 months ?? really curious...any1 here can help me settle up this kinda thingy problem ??

Bro ur using ori disc ? Or drilled ? Slotted ? Check ur brake is it too tight ? Jack up ur car then try to spin ur wheels ? It should at least be able to turn when in neutral and no brake, dun forget the handbrake tho. Or could be the brake pump faulty ? Pumping when not needed ? Do u feel that ur car is slower ? Or like having brakes on ? Or try to check the temps of u brake area, if it's too hot could be sumthing wrong sumwhere.

If ur using drilled or slotted then mebe ur pads not suitable for ur disc need higher performance pads.