Brake Hose Bracket

scudracer

Known Member
Jun 4, 2004
Stanley ... notice those brackets welded in to the damper bodies? This is where the brake hose normally mounts, and is held in with a clip.

A lot of aftermarket stuff doesn't take this into account. How about your Titans?

I had a bad experience once when I 'DOWNGRADED' to braided stainless steel covered teflon/nylon lines, and the cable ties they used to hold it onto the damper bracket came loose. The line then rubbed against my wheel until it burst open, and I lost my brakes and had to drive home slowly using the handbrake only, late at night to avoid traffic.

As the suspension and braking system are safety items, right down to the balljoints (you wouldn't want your suspension to collapse on the road right? I've seen it happen quite a few times!), these are important issues to look at. Even many of the 'big name' brands don't look into this as perhaps for track use, its OK but road use puts a lot of strain on all parts of the car.

slk850

500 RPM
Dec 17, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Nov 25 2004, 02:01
see the bottom of the pic..
Hey, stanley.....is it this set of titan on my ride now ? :lol: :lol:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just installed my RG adjustable coilovers...and the ride height isnt that low..2 fingers at the front.

but the ride is DAMN bumpy....its like im in a roller coaster....BOUNCY BOUNCY BOUNCY...

feel like im gonna puke everytime i drive the car...cornering is pretty alright...but then the ride comfort is horrible...

is this normal for adjustables. i've asked a few friends and they say its normal...

anyone out there have experience with RG's..? :unsure:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience