Battery shift to rear boot

4g92mivec

Known Member
Dec 14, 2006
Dear all zth sifu,

I'm planning to shift my battery to rear boot so i can obtain more space at my engine bay , however just a question roughly about how much a shop will charge for that & what kind of wiring it need ?

JaSON5878

Known Member
May 21, 2006
Normally they use welding cable for the extension.

You can do it yourself too. But take a good care of the mounting & insulation.

coldfusionpower

Known Member
May 29, 2005
planet earth
just get yourself welding cables for positive and negative from the front to the back, 4 x terminal block/terminal bus... easy to do ...

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
Pull the welding cable from ur boot to ur engine bay, through the firewall (if not mistaken im share the hole for aircond...).
Connect battery +ve point to ur +ve car wiring, battery -ve point to ur car body at the boot compartment is enough.
Becarefull of the +ve terminal, warp it so that it wont touching to ur car body. -ve is no problem....
Warp the welding cable with thick rubber hose so that it wont scrach the cable at the point its thru the firewall, its happen to me when the cable was cut and touching the body, its like a very bad jerking at that problem, realize its when service the aircond. Thanks god it not burn my ecu.
Use good welding cable.. dont use thin one...

4g92mivec

Known Member
Dec 14, 2006
Pull the welding cable from ur boot to ur engine bay, through the firewall (if not mistaken im share the hole for aircond...).
Connect battery +ve point to ur +ve car wiring, battery -ve point to ur car body at the boot compartment is enough.
Becarefull of the +ve terminal, warp it so that it wont touching to ur car body. -ve is no problem....
Warp the welding cable with thick rubber hose so that it wont scrach the cable at the point its thru the firewall, its happen to me when the cable was cut and touching the body, its like a very bad jerking at that problem, realize its when service the aircond. Thanks god it not burn my ecu.
Use good welding cable.. dont use thin one...
Roughly about how much the welding cable from front to rear ?

stevenV6

1,000 RPM
Jun 15, 2006
any shops to recommend for doin this???........i'm interested too..........

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

halo my engine oil reduce after 5000KM
so i ask the service center
they say have to see first

so they change oil link
and oil filter

so if still leakage or reduce have to change
oil seal and valve nut and head gasket

so expert here
what do u think??
how to test got leakage ornot

fyi i using satria 1300cc
3 years old
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience