Basic Performance upgrade

zaifulaika

Dec 24, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
if is air flow sensor problem, u pedal heavy let the turbo kick in, when the jerking come, the engine will look like have a emergency brake, total pull back the power and when u have pedal but no any response. so i think is air flow sensor is time to change. cos i just change 1 only before cny, because i wash it then spoil already.
totally agree with u bro biao. when i press harder and turbo kick in, the jerking disappear. but when steady speed, jerking come in and its just like having an engine break... :bawling:

well based on my experience, O2 sensor is the last resort. if air flow sensor kong, ur FC and power loss and also it affects the idling problem, ur car even barely drivable. better check the plug, plug cable or ignition coil. last time my car jerking really bad when revving above 4000rpm full throttle. found out that i use a wrong sets of plug. it was denso iridium IW20(meant for stock everything). i was suppost to use IW22 or IW24(meant for boost above stock)
bro 4gbanger, already change the plugs to IW24 last month. at the moment, having power loss, jerking (i call it coughing) and higher FC (4 to 5 km/l)... :banghead:

above all, currently using petronas ron95. does it give any bad effect to the engine?

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
totally agree with u bro biao. when i press harder and turbo kick in, the jerking disappear. but when steady speed, jerking come in and its just like having an engine break... :bawling:

bro 4gbanger, already change the plugs to IW24 last month. at the moment, having power loss, jerking (i call it coughing) and higher FC (4 to 5 km/l)... :banghead:

above all, currently using petronas ron95. does it give any bad effect to the engine?
so u find a workshop to check.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Iridium needs to be replaced around 25k. U can drag a bit more but u start to get backfire at high revs. MAF costs around 1.4K

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
already gone to few places and asked around... too many assumptions, dats y i seeks advice from sifus here... anyway tq bro biao and bro 4gbanger...

anyone know where to find MAF sensor and the approx price?
go cut-shop find or see which shop have mod car d. find got who dismantle from evo.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Iridium needs to be replaced around 25k. U can drag a bit more but u start to get backfire at high revs. MAF costs around 1.4K
iridium not can use 100k?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Biao, MAF from Evo is not the same as Airtreks. U need rewiring to get it work correctly.

On the box, it says 100k for normal stock condition usage. On higher boost, it will last u the most of 40k. I dragged mine till almost 35k and when opened to check during dyno, it was pretty bad alrdy. Replacing a new one saw a jump of around 30whp.

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
Biao, MAF from Evo is not the same as Airtreks. U need rewiring to get it work correctly.

On the box, it says 100k for normal stock condition usage. On higher boost, it will last u the most of 40k. I dragged mine till almost 35k and when opened to check during dyno, it was pretty bad alrdy. Replacing a new one saw a jump of around 30whp.
oic...but my 1 the guy say is dismantle from evo8 cause do the management.
and noneed rewiring, pnp only.
normal stock condition means like my car la..haha

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Afaik, u can still start the car with evo MAF. Just that it won't work perfectly. Maybe stall or WOT problem.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam

get some airtrek owner with good condition engine, try swap your MAF with him n see how. if not, get the coil n cable to check. if all in good condition, better check all the vacuum hoses. might crack or holes somewhere..

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

so far i have no problem using ron95 from petronas or petron. but better to avoid ron95 from shell. too much additives in their fuel.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
stall or WOT? sorry not undertsand.
Means if u use Evo MAF, yr engine might die when idling/driving. WOT means Wide Open Throttle. So means full acceleration u might encounter jerking or hesitation.

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
Means if u use Evo MAF, yr engine might die when idling/driving. WOT means Wide Open Throttle. So means full acceleration u might encounter jerking or hesitation.
oic. but no all this issue after install it. engine never die and jerking.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My bonet got some stain like super glue, and I can't wash it off. It sticks and I am having a headache.

I think it's from the trees or some plants...anyone know how I can clean it off without scratching my car or pouring acid ?

Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience