Bar and plate intercooler

Sky88

Known Member
i am surprise taht not many people know the benefit of bar and plate intercooler.Make it this way there is not many bar and plate intercooleer made by the famous brand u and i know but in us bear in mind they modify lots of turbo vtec whatever turbo u name it , and they find out that bar and plate not only more efficient and have less pressure drop than tube and fin(hks ,trust greesy .... except apex-i) and have more cooling effects.The purpose of intercooler is too cool down hot air but not losing plessure more plessure drop intercooler have to work harder and more power wasted.i will find more about bar and plate intercooler and post here and u will realise how much an intercooler can make a diiferent.
IS like choosing turbo wrong tyrbo or too big cause lag people have mistaken about intercooler as well many people online said that the bigger the intercooler doesnt mean the better u have to understand most of the people said that are in us they have summer spring winter but is MALAYSIA the whole year are hot and humid ,bar a plate intercooler serve the best in our case bigger the better only for bar and plate but not tube and fin,tube and fin will not cool down the temperature as good as bar and plate do a research on the best intercooler (GArrett makes one of the best which is bar and plate)Bar and plate cool dwon the temperature or have more efficeint than tube and fin for about 30%.

Why get tube and fin second hand or half cut pay another few hundred get a new bar and plate.(remember intercooler need to repair as well and are prompt to leak without u reliasing and u will start stressing out whats the reason the turbo lag)

Now bar and plate is so affordable check out some bar and plate brand in us Spearco , POwer and so on thats the price and now in MALAYSIA ,bar and plate intercooler is superb cheap and is made in AUSTRALIA thats one of the reason and the core is superb.

Originally posted by alien@Feb 24 2005, 23:43
how do u differentiate it physically?..
..neva notice tis b4...
*sorry..im a noob..
the core is very different currently only 1 -2 places sell bar and plate

a new technology or a new R 'n D ahh this thing????this have get more info from pros ad radcore sunway lar lit dis....hmmmm wonder fully alluminum intercoolers from the same size can helps reduce heat???

690760_1_full.jpg

see the different of my L2 stock ic and my currect ARC ic. L2 stock use tube and fin and ARC one use bar and plate. see how thick the 'batang' of the ARC ic

Originally posted by dolly@Feb 25 2005, 09:16
How is the price? and what kind of sizes do you offer?
currently only 1 size yes forget some arc are bar and plate, price range for brand new range from rm2000-rm5000.My price pmand check it out anyway only 1 left so superb cheap for a brand new bar and plate that can handle 200-800 hp

Originally posted by flamefox850@Feb 25 2005, 12:36
690760_1_full.jpg

see the different of my L2 stock ic and my currect ARC ic. L2 stock use tube and fin and ARC one use bar and plate. see how thick the 'batang' of the ARC ic
thansk for ur help some ppl here just very nasty and rude ,try to make facts before u talk (not to whom i reply)

Originally posted by differ@Feb 27 2005, 01:12
very interesting...

so i guess THIS guy is completely wrong and has no idea what he's talking about?
i guess u dint really read detaily,read one more time and u will find out why bar and plate is better and is bar and plate not plate tube and fin anf find out more which one easier to leak and why bar and plate better in case if it is not mention it is something to do with pressure drop and efficiency in us bar and plate is very popolar and western country are the one who came out with car ,anyway if u really one i will find out the advantage over tube and fin and one disadvantage is that it flow slower than tube and fin but remember it is hot air that go through the intercooler if it goes through too fast it will not cool down properly anywat this is a thread to discuss not to argue and find fault . <_<