Bad incident in LEK SPRAY PAINTING CO (Butterworth)

mrpinky69

Feb 25, 2014
PENANG
Have a very bad encounter with this spray paint CO in Penang. Beware of his this particular shop i dare to mention is because did his business via some kind of underhands means.Eg. When u bring ur car to his place and spray, he will say a price which include this and that than he will talk and promise everything that u asked for. So when the car is done and ready for collection, they will den charge u every single thing 1 by 1 which by then it will cost u at least 2-3k above the price which he has agreed to. Another very important to take note that this shop is very cunning. After much debates over the price, the owner decides to pay them the full amount in a cash cheque as a mode of payment. However the lady boss will tell u to pay them in cash and they do not accept any cheque... WTF!! Arent cheque a mode of payment too and the worst case that it is a SAT and banks are not operating. Lastly, after the owner manage to raise that amount to pay them in CASH, the lady boss then will take every single piece of the money notes and stare into the ceiling to check for authencity of the money notes.

I really hope our fellow Penang drivers, salesman, car dealers please stop going to this absurb spray shop. If ur pockets are deep enough, i think u shld go ahead and be their slaughtering me.

Any 1 from Penang,Butterworth if u wan to know more u you can PM me and i will can show u photos as evidence.

PLS PLS FOR GOODNESS if you guys out here has intend to let him spray your car then i would say GOD BLESS YOU!:mad:

Attachments

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Why not share the photos of the work done here?

mrpinky69

Feb 25, 2014
PENANG
Those who are interested can pm me i will tell u the whole story.. I am currently going to lodge a official complaint letter towards the consumer rights in Penang. Whether legal actions are taken or not, i will leave it up to authorities.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Pls take a look for urself.... Do u know how much this shop charge??? Worst thing they say cheque not acceptable. ONLY CASH. and it was on a Saturday afternoon.

Is there anyway i can lodge a offical complain or a law suit against them.
Go make report with the claims tribunal. Get your receipts and whatever documentations for your case ready. You will need to serve them (the paint shop) notice to attend the tribunal case hearing. They may want to settle out of court, but if not, then present your case at the hearing.

Need more info, you can consult with bro. Danz, he is our sifu here on tribunal cases....:adore:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Pls take a look for urself.... Do u know how much this shop charge??? Worst thing they say cheque not acceptable. ONLY CASH. and it was on a Saturday afternoon.

Is there anyway i can lodge a offical complain or a law suit against them.
That part of the photo is under the carpet? as in interior? That looks bad.

If they did say Cheque is acceptable from the start and when come to payment they say cannot accept then they are the one in the wrong but then is your words against theirs.

If u did not ask if cheque is acceptable or not from the start before the deal was agreed, then you can't blame them that they don't accept cheque cuz some shops they don't accept credit cards/cheque. Only cash terms. So u got to ask from the start. If u did not, u cant do anything about it but to pay cash.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That part of the photo is under the carpet? as in interior? That looks bad.

If they did say Cheque is acceptable from the start and when come to payment they say cannot accept then they are the one in the wrong but then is your words against theirs.

If u did not ask if cheque is acceptable or not from the start before the deal was agreed, then you can't blame them that they don't accept cheque cuz some shops they don't accept credit cards/cheque. Only cash terms. So u got to ask from the start. If u did not, u cant do anything about it but to pay cash.
If client have been introduce by another regular they might take cheque as payment. If walk in client, I don't think they will take...:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If client have been introduce by another regular they might take cheque as payment. If walk in client, I don't think they will take...:smokin:
Yup, if I'm the boss I won't take too. Later cheque bounce.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
haiya....why story by TS half here half there??

Why create a thread that tells a paintshop doing lousy paintjob, but at the same time, dont put clearly reason and the entire story on the thread. If so secretive, then might as well not posting at all.

Is this to warn people? (so please tell the entire story)
Is this to take revenge, possibly?
Is it to make "threat" so you could get back the money spent??

I dont know what is the whole truth behind the story, thus I wouldn't say the shop is bad, until full proof is given.

As the saying goes, Takut kerana salah, berani kerana benar....

Anyway, this is just me....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Those who are interested can pm me i will tell u the whole story.. I am currently going to lodge a official complaint letter towards the consumer rights in Penang. Whether legal actions are taken or not, i will leave it up to authorities.
Not consumer rights. Go to tribunal. File a case to get your money back.

mrpinky69

Feb 25, 2014
PENANG
Sorry guys was tied up at work.... I have read through the comments you guys have written. Let me do a summarise of the whole incident. I am neither trying to tak revenge or be nasty. I am just trying to share an awful incident over at this particular Spray painting company. To cut it short and sweet, the owners has never mention that they do not accept cheque. WHY i would say so is because i told them that i will use my CC to sign at a accessories shop down the road as it would saves me alot of money if i were to swipe at both different location for payment. The lady boss of the shop acknowledge that what i did was correct so that i can save the 3% bank fee. So on that very day itself when i told her about the plan i immediately went over to the accessories shop to swap a amount that was more than enoughh to cover both sides payment. 3 days later when the money has successfully credited into the accessories shop which is on a satuday noon. Concurrently it was also my date of collection of vehicle.

THereafter i received a call from the accessories shop saying that my car was parked in his shop with my front bumper and ECU been taken away so as not to let me start my engine and run away not paying up. The owner of the accessories shop says that without the consent of me, he will not open the amount of money which i suppose to pay to him. Therefore without much they took the stuff and leave the shop and carry on with their business.

The accessories shop owner stated that LEK Spray painting Co. mentioned a very nasty comment which i felt that statement were very nasty. The wife of that old man told the accessories shop boss that they do not accept their company cheque. WHAT THEY WANT IS ONLY CASH!!! and then walk out of the shop. For goodness sake how can they talk in such a manner.

WHen i go down to collect my car as were counting the amount of money, the lady boss took the notes and look through the celing light to check for authencity of the notes. i AM DAMN PISSED WITH THEIR ACTIONS AND THE WAY THEY DO BUSINESS.

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

I am very confident that i have witness, receipts. First of all, the price he quoted and the final price on the receipt they quoted was so much of a difference. Before collecting car the week before, i went down to check on the status of the paint job and i ask the lady boss is this amount of money sufficient. SHE SAID IT SO LOUDLY. ' AIYA MORE THAN ENOUGH, SURE DISCOUNT GIVE U." Ended up did they adhere to what they have say. Felt so conned and fustrated at the moment.

The worst part is that when i found that the paintwork wasnt statisfactory, i get them to do a touch up on the affected areas. Do you guys know that they drove my car for at least a 3-5km journey to their own shop from the accessories shop. I really cant imagine the small stone and pebbles that hit onto my OIL COOLER, radiator and etc... I ask them wont the stone damage my car, their son replied in a snubish way saying that he drive slow slow the stone wont heat the oil cooler.

Therefore whether i would win this case, i wont be too indulge in this. But i just want to share my awful incident so that many innocents were not be cheated by them.

I will be contacting the guy which was mention to officially lodge a complain or even settling it in court. When i was about to leavethe shop they still can so proud.

Thus i hope with this 10% of their attitude and skill i hope those DO NOT TRY sign saying that its danger to fly above.

I really hope that the CONSUMER PENANG can do something about this matter as it affected me big time and also affected people business just because of a spraying of car.

PLS PM ME I CAN TELL U MORE AND SHOW U MORE.

2 WORDS TO DESCRIBE THEM. F&&& up

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you have submitted a tribunal case already - don't share anymore pictures or whatever here. After your case, then share.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
tribunal will ask u back, why are u filing a claim? is it because the price is too high? or bad workmanship? feel cheated? u must justify all this, think as a u are the tribunal & other consumers wants to file a claim, keep all pictures, documentation, PO, receipts etc.....
is best if u could lodge a police report on this, it does help during the tribunal.

mrpinky69

Feb 25, 2014
PENANG
A very good morning to all, firstly I have no idea whethr the price was overkilled and felt unjustifiable. The reason why I would post here and wanting to lodge a tribunal case is because I felt very offended by the way the way they talk and the actions after which I have pay up the cost in cash.

Currently my paint job was not done up to the minimum standard I was expecting to turn out with. There is a small portion of the car which is unpainted leaving the bare metal exposed and casuing rust to that particular area.

So I need a guidance on how to lodge a tribunal complain so that they can have a self reflections on what they done that leads to such hassles.

Mean while I will stop pasting photos of what they have done.

ANy POCs or number which I can call directly and enquire more about this matter.

Feeling so injustice that paying a huge sum more money but things not getting wright on tracks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm on stock absorbers with Eibach springs and the gap is 2 finger front/rear. The problem is going into basement carparks (as usual). The question is, can I add a damper or how can I make it 1 more finger higher? Another 10mm or so would be just nice to save my skirtings and bodykits :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience