B.O.V QnA

synail

Known Member
Dear Booster,

Does any bov can fit to any turbo engine?

Or specific bov to specific turbo engine? i.e high boost

S13 CA18 any bov can do?

got no feedback in Nissan's section

:(

Dear Synail,

Any blow off can be fit at any force induction.. but there a max boost for certain B.O.V..

ie using L2 B.O.V for CA18DET turbo system.. when the time your RPM goes to 4000RPM the B.O.V is already opened to release boost.. so you're wasting your boost or it also can be call as "boost leak"

Aftermarket B.O.V can adjust the spring inside B.O.V to be hard or Soft.

But If using OEM B.O.V from any Evo's, there no problem to be fit at your CA18....

heard a lot of feedbacks from BOV users.. These are what I've compiled

1. Blitz SuperSOund ( so far none has failed it's owners ) abt 6 of them I know using this kind of BOV

2. Greddy S-type ( the quietest aftermarket BOV I know of ) not bad .. none of the Greddy BOV I know off, failed the owner.

3. Monza (HKS SSQV Look-a-like) not too bad.. but may leak.. so far out of 4 users I've asked.. 2 of them experience leakage.

4. Apexi Twin Chamber. Not too bad.. but known to be leaky too.. and it's darn expensive for a new one. (I'm using this BOV) Mine is leaking when on high boost.. 1bar constant...

5. HKS SSVQ.. sounds very nice.. but known to leak at high boost too.

Therefore: If I were to rank the BOV for it's price and quality I would rate it this way

1. BLitZ
2. Greddy
3. HKS
4. Monza
5. Apexi

Is the super sound still on sale? i havent seen this one nowadays. How much does a brand new one cost?

most of the BOV nowadays leaning towards the chiu-chiu (whistle like) sound. personally, i dont like it. i prefer the rough pish-pish sound, which is loud, and stylo.

i'm selling my apexi twin chamber BOV
Working condition.. but it's leaking under constant high-boost.. under 1bar every thing ok.. goin for RM300 with tapak. new one i get for RM680... use 1yr plus liao.. interested can PM me. this BOV very ngam L2 turbo now... nice sound too...

rdgs.

Originally posted by MonsterTacho@Oct 10 2004, 21:49
Is the super sound still on sale? i havent seen this one nowadays. How much does a brand new one cost?

most of the BOV nowadays leaning towards the chiu-chiu (whistle like) sound. personally, i dont like it. i prefer the rough pish-pish sound, which is loud, and stylo.
i totally agree with u monsterTacho!!

a lot of the newer BOV's r leaning towards the 'SSQV' kinda sound - sounds nice but just not for me... similar 2u, i like the traditional WHOOSH sound.... the old supersound (the 'legendary one' with the trumpet) is not on sale anymore i guess u can only buy 2nd hand as it's not in production i think. i sold mine off 2a friend not long ago but i have the NEW blitz supersound on sale if u wan - have not posted it up yet 4sale... it is the blitz supersound DD... it looks a BIT like the SARD R2D2 but is much louder and comes with a detachable filter, but somehow in my opinion not as loud as the old supersound :angry: dunno y it was made that waY...

anyways PM me ur interested in the new supersound DD BOV (it's 2nd hand ok not brand new).... or if ur looking for another BOV with the rough WHOOSHING sound that u crave might i recommend the GFB (Go Fast Bitz) range of BOVs especially the bovus maximus... it is BITCH LOUD dude.... enuff 2satisfy anyone :)

check here for info about the new blitz supersound:

http://wwwblitz-racingcom/Blitz_Blowoff__DDhtm[/COLOR'></a>

or the GFB blow-off valves:

<a href='http://http://www.gofastbits.com/index.php?parent...on=bovs

happy boosting dude... :)

HKS SSQV tend leak on high boost.....i heard from the supplier that there 2 types of HKS SSQV on from Thailand and the other one from Japan. The one from Thailand will leak on high boost while those from Japan will not BUT bear in mind that HKS SSQV come in different models for different engines.

Most HKS SSQV users, got those from chop shop and just simply install it into thier car without knowing the HKS SSQV model or spec....i have a friend who bought a HKS SSQV from a chop shop and install it into his 4G61T, and it will release before full boost...after we check it, the HKS SSQV is for L2 engines...hehehe

add me to the statistics...
barger blitz super sound does not wanna open when i release the throttle....
AHAHA but its still in there waiting for me to up the boost kaa-ching!

all the while my BOV is from chop shop and it is HKS...hehehe

first one ...it mad of plastic or fiber and the tapak broke....
2nd ...SQV...leak
now....donno the name....but very good....don leak under pressure...hehehe

the farking Blitz supersound i using needs to be lubbed every 3months if not easy to jam!.... lol get the Greedy ones! they're the best! :D sounds kool also lar....

I also agree and dun like the SSQV sound.... like sorhai unless if u running a T04R hehehe then sounds good... :lol:

SORRY guys, everybody talking about boost leak. but how we kown wheather it is leaking at high rpm?? low rpm maybe due to idle not smooth.

anybody know where to find a whole library of sample sound of bov on the net? its kinda hard to imagin them.

i like the bov sound in Nitto 1320 online drag racing game... what brand of bov made sound like that?

about how much for the brand new Greddy s-type bov in RM???
thinking to get one...... :rolleyes: :D

Originally posted by rollakid@Nov 24 2004, 19:06
i dunno how a supersound sounds.. mind to record the sound? if its too tedious then nvm... :P just wanna know more.

It sounds damn ONs wei! Pissshhaaaaa!

ok.. im new to this thing.. i have a Blitz Super Sound from Chop Shop.. condition is chun.. how to know if it leaks.. thanks :)

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom