Art on wheels - Hi Def prep and detail of a black car

For gloss and reflections, it is widely agreed that 90% depends on the surface preparation and10% depends on the wax/sealant. Time and attention to details is never spared in the preparation phase, but I also to experiment on the final 10% of looks given by waxes/sealants. Being obsessed with boutique waxes, I decided to give a bit more and test one of my waxes acquired from the U.K. What is better to test a wax than a black car?

The car was first washed and clayed to removed surface contaminant. It was then stripped off its old but very durable Turtlewax. Surface inspection reveals watermarks and general swirls from washing which will be removed. A few random deep scratches will not be tackled at this point.

Here are some pictures...

The paint was corrected and prepped with Osren Perfect Finish and Autoglym Super Resin Polish. Swirls were removed. This is the front passenger's door.

This is the hood.

Wax was applied and buffed off afterwards. I must say, paste wax is a pain to apply.

But as for Autoglym High Definition Wax, the results are worthwhile...

A close up.

HD means nothing less than high definition.

Thanks for viewing even this humble job...

s1tl

Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
the legend has spoken!!

DarkAccoon

i think i can spot pimples and picit by looking at the bonnet wei....

wwuuu....shinyyy....:adore:
Wow..
Just wow..
Speechless... who put a mirror on my bonnet?? haha...:hmmmm:
i think i can spot pimples and picit by looking at the bonnet wei....
Thank you for the cheers guys :burnout:...

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

the legend has spoken!!
LOL... You mistaken bro.. The legend has this wax too... I'm not him... I got my hands on this after seeing his review on this wax...

How long did it take you to do this?
Total of 6 hours. The surface prep not long. About 3-4 hours. The waxing took 1 and a half to 2 hours believe it or not. I also don't know why. Maybe tired from the surface prep haha..

Could you give me an idea what surface prep consists of? Wash, clay then using a RB with polish?

Anyone used Steelmate Alarm System before? I installed one on my car and so far it's good. Pretty decent price for a basic set too. Any opinion on this? Thanks