Air Cool Tint Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneWolf81

Known Member
Hi everybody,

For those who are thinking to go to this shop to do car window tinting, please read my advices first:
1. Don't go there on weekends
- The shop will be crowded with customer, they will start to do their job very fast, never do any inspection after they done their job. After they had done with my car, I was surprised that bubbles are here and there, some more lots of dust trapped inside. Then i went in to the shop again to complain this to the tauke nio, at first, she just ignore me as she is so busy treating all other customers. So, I patiently wait for another 20-30 minutes until she had time to talk to me. She asked one worker go inspect my car. This guy tried to squeeze out those bubbles but failed as those films start to dry up, my car was parked under hot sun for more than 30 minutes. Then the tauke nio told me don't worry, those film will heal themselves and the bubbles will be gone. When I ask her about the dust trapped, she just told me come back one week later for inspection then she walked away.

2. Don't go there if your car is more than half year old
3. Don't go there if you drive a local made car
- Yesterday, after work I inspect the windows again. F***! The film on the rear screen start to peel off!! And I noticed that lots of tiny particles were trapped at most of the windows, they became easily visible since the films are dried. Just on the rear screen itself, roughly estimate, there is about 15 "white spots". Last night, I just cannot wait anymore, returned to the shop and asked them replace those films. At first, they were not willing to replace those films, so I start argue with them. I started to get angry when the tauke nio's assistance ask me whether can accept the defectives or not, some more, another worker there said that situation like this is unavoidable and he started to talk cock.... for eg, he said that those dust is created by the rubbing effect between the film and the window when sticking the film to the glass. WTF! He thought I'm so stupid or what? The glass is tempered glass, and the film I bought from them is not the low-end product, any hard rubbing on them will not create any tiny particles! Then I asked that guy loudly, "If you show this to any of your customer, do you think they still wan your service here??!!" Then, he dare not say anything further. Finally, they agree to replace the films on 3 of my windows, but for the rear screen one, as I know, if tear down the film, definitely will damage the screen demister. So, I decided not to change that piece.
After one and half hour, they get it done, the tauke nio came to apologize to me, but then she also start to talk nonsense again. She told me my car is TOO OLD which contain lots of dust inside and make it hard to clean and this situation is unavoidable???? This is just the 7th MONTHS I got my car and it is new from factory!!! They just don't want to admit that that is their fault! Beware of that tauke nio, say this but do that. I can't take any pictures of my windows, because those films will just reflect everything.
Today I checked my window again, still got dust trap inside... ai... don't care anymore.

If you still really want to go:
1. Never leave your car away from your eyesight when they are doing their work although it may take 2-4 hours
2. Don't pay until they get everything done for you
- After you paid, they will not listen to any of your complain.
3. Check carefully once they had done their job (Immediately!)

As a conclusion, I'm a very unsatisfied customer, really sad to see how they treated my car... :mad:

sorry to hear about tt bro,

i also went to a eco-tint shop in usj taipan.u r right, i have to actually SIT there n waited until they habis n nice nice(actually not bad service lah...but now my eco-tint is changing in color???!!!dam....) only then i pay.

guy n gals....careful nowadays....a lot of air cool here, rike cool, apasama lu cool lah....

plus, do ur cars in air cond rooms...at least dust free...not in carparks ok.

saw ppl do tinting in carparks....????

plus they use a sort of spray to spray some liquid onto the glass b4 puting on the film...

careful dudes

Lone ..if I were you I would fuck them upside down .....mostly to the boss of that shop ....play mental psycho la ....tell them you will not recomend the shop to all your friend bla bla bla bla bla bla .....and this is the first and last you come in to the shop ...if can scream loudly so all the customers can hear so that the shop will be embarrassed.

bro..my car tinted at AIR COOL as well....since d shop provided 5 yrs warranty...if d tinted peel of u juz go back lo...they will re-do for u...

i went there few times....d female boss stil wil joke wit me a.....

izzit ur attitude problem a? me got diskaun diskaun n diskaun some more....

for me.AIRC COOL after service is good...for u..i dunno....

so it seems that this shop is picking customers la ........heavy pocket may get good entertain from them.

yeah..my car 'aircool-ed' too.

their after sale service is not bad la...they will attend u promptly and apologize...

is monica the boss there? she is ok...

i am satisfied for wat i pay for..but really...dun ever go tint at weekends....u knw..rush work = bad work

bro Lone,

las time i send my car there n went for lunch...n go back there play 'daun terup' n waiting for my car....

actually d shop is ok la...if u not happy wit d tinted...go back n talk politely to them....dun go there shout n shout...sure ppl not syiok oledi lo..how to help u make nice nice le.....

buy them kopi o ais la....sure happy one....

Yup, I agree that the female boss is very friendly at first, like to joke, but I don't find her joke funny when she said my car is old as it is only 7 months old.
But I noticed that after I paid for everything, she start to ignore me, if she response to me earlier, they might not need to replace the window tinting for me.
huakenny.... maybe you are more handsome, or richer, or driving better car than me, who knows, haha!
I swear that I beahve polite to them until the end, even last night before I left the shop, I still not forget to say "thanks!" to the female boss.
When argue with them, if I didn't increase my voice volume, I don't think they will replace 3 of the windows film. That's related to my hard earned money, I just can't relax, hope you understand...
I admit that I did make them feel them embarrass a bit, but I didn't do it purposely. My car came into the shop with fully tinted, sure they felt weired, then ask me what happen... then bla bla bla...... Sometimes, no choice, have to let them know that they are wrong.

I have been in so many accesories shops before..they are always like that ....when you first arrive ...they will promise u heaven and earth. ..lastly when you have paid ...tomorrow u come they don't even look at your face....

Ya, rush work = bad work. They should not do beyond their ability. And they asked me to accept that bad work, that's why I start to behave unhappy.
My friends also think Air-Cool is good, but when they saw my car, they just don't believe it until I show them the warranty paper. They thought I went to kedai abang la... or any other place that do the tinting at car park.

ur car only 7 months old? wa...so new man....my car is 10 yrs back d car la......

im not handsome la....if u guys see me b4...haha..sure know im fat d.....ehahaha...

so how ur car now?

LoneWolf81 said:
Yup, I agree that the female boss is very friendly at first, like to joke, but I don't find her joke funny when she said my car is old as it is only 7 months old.
But I noticed that after I paid for everything, she start to ignore me, if she response to me earlier, they might not need to replace the window tinting for me.
huakenny.... maybe you are more handsome, or richer, or driving better car than me, who knows, haha!
I swear that I beahve polite to them until the end, even last night before I left the shop, I still not forget to say "thanks!" to the female boss.
When argue with them, if I didn't increase my voice volume, I don't think they will replace 3 of the windows film. That's related to my hard earned money, I just can't relax, hope you understand...
I admit that I did make them feel them embarrass a bit, but I didn't do it purposely. My car came into the shop with fully tinted, sure they felt weired, then ask me what happen... then bla bla bla...... Sometimes, no choice, have to let them know that they are wrong.

erm erm, i saw few air cool shop? is it they got francise? :D

My car ar... now is better lo, but the rear screen still like a teenager's face, got pimples.
Regret... should spend my money on K&N air filter and extractor.

OMG !! :confused: I'm planning tint my car's mirrors in Air Cool (Penang) branch.
So.......but i think this is only human's mistake.....rite....mine previous tinted film are same situation as yours.....fulled of tiny bubbles and dust.....somemore front mirror. T.T

Perhaps will drive my Kancil for 1st time visit and ask for more details....then only decide...:)

Thanks for sharing.

LoneWolf81,

i've posted this b4 on d Tint Shop thread.i lazy retype so just cut n paste to share it with u.dunno u read b4 or not, but here goes....

tinted my car at aircool on d 21/6.
took d $250 package.

d lady who attended to me was good.
but the workers attitude n workmanship was bad.
they dont bother to cover ur seats or ur door panels while workin.they just simply spray d liquid/water dunno wht la.
kena ur door panels they just buat dunno ny.only cover d dashboard but not d gap between dashboard n windscreen. when they push d water away it will masuk d gap la.sohai.i complain only then they cover my door panels.other cars tak dpt.d aircond was on but this particular worker was sweating quite bad.d fella just sat himself on my seat with his soaking wet t-shirt and started work! i was like wtf!! all this also happened to other cars tht were installin their tint then.

they never clean ur car when everything is finished.didn't bother to pick up small pieces of paper or glue(i removed my old tint first).when i pointed out to them they got d bladi cheek to just dust it away onto my mat with their bare hands!! vacuum la at least or pick it up.
then my gf sat at the back then kena this bladi piece of glue from d old tint stuck on her pants.knnccb.

after finishin tinting they never bother to go check one round again to see if they missed parts or got bubbles.i myself hv to check n point out to them one by one the area tht got probs.
got this particular part the air bubbles kept on coming back after they 'pushed' it away with the 'squegee'.they redid 3 times.everytime it lasts 4 abt 5mins then d bubble comes back again.i tot since 3 times they do so shld b ok la after tht. i come back home c,bladi hell d bubble naik again
my fws also got a lot of water bubbles but they said after a few days it would go off.

i did my other car at tint shop usj 2 yrs ago.none of these problems.exactly d opposite.covered every part they came into contact with in my car.vacuumed after finishin d job n rechecked everything.d air bubbles were minimal too if any.
top class workmanship.very professional.not to say i did v-kool.installed their promotion package (eztint) at $388 only.

aircool is like doing 'mass production'.do laju2.janji siap.

i only went to aircool only because of their promotion.guess just have to bear with bad workmanship n service if wan cheap things la. d promo package is very cheap.go only if u can overlook d problems i mentioned

mind telling us which aircool branch you went to?

if i were you, i would warn them if they do not get the job done right.....i will spread the word about the bad service of their shops in internet popular car forum such as ZTH or AW.

if they do not know what is forum all about, give them the URL.

i went to d puchong branch.they hv 2 there.d one i went to is facing an open space.same row as proton edar.

on d day i installed itself i complained bout some bubbles on my fws.but they said must put d car under hot sun for about 2 weeks.
i said ok.took it back 2 weeks ago another fella said 'oh, this one is glue,give it 1 mth n it will vanish'. now already more than 1 mth n still d bubble is there.hahaha.this weekend might go 'pay them a visit'.i just want them to change my fws tint.if they not willing to do tht, i'll just tell them i'm goin to the tribunal to make a report,if they think its worth it to tarnish their image by having to go to court then b my guest.its only $10 to file a complain.a bit of hassle la but at least i puas hati :D

adrianlek said:
i went to d puchong branch.they hv 2 there.d one i went to is facing an open space.same row as proton edar.

on d day i installed itself i complained bout some bubbles on my fws.but they said must put d car under hot sun for about 2 weeks.
i said ok.took it back 2 weeks ago another fella said 'oh, this one is glue,give it 1 mth n it will vanish'. now already more than 1 mth n still d bubble is there.hahaha.this weekend might go 'pay them a visit'.i just want them to change my fws tint.if they not willing to do tht, i'll just tell them i'm goin to the tribunal to make a report,if they think its worth it to tarnish their image by having to go to court then b my guest.its only $10 to file a complain.a bit of hassle la but at least i puas hati :D

good!!! better do a report if they unsatisfied u...

btw, how to do the report? :D

weird,i sent my car for tinting last 1 month liddat. when i sent it in,they're nice.

sent my car in in the morning around 10am cos that time just open so nobody then i walked over to starbux IOI mall to minum kopi 1st. around 1130am Winnie called me up and told me my car ready already so i walked over n took back my car. the tint everything was good though :)

i'd say its just ur unlucky day. try to look for winnie and ask her again? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.