Advise needed on DIY installing 2 voltage stabiliser in the car...

tigershark1976

Known Member
Aug 24, 2006
well,in the 1st place, some people cant live without this product and some think that its simple another type of snake oil in the market.... thats fine, just wanna ask, if i were to install both atthe same time, how should it be install?

note: VS A is Pivot Voltage Stabiliser, VS B is Zstab.

1) serial: positive wire of "VS A" connect to positive terminal of the battery, then the negative wire connected to the negative wire of "VS B", and then the negative wire of VB be to the negative terminal of the battery?

or

2) palleral: both negative wire of "VS A" & "VS B" are connected to the negative terminal of the battery while both positive wire of "VS A" & "VS B" are connected to the positive terminal of the battery.

what do u think?? any electrician or E&E engineer here?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
capacitors are usually connected parallely...

so i support second method.... keep the connection in parallel.....

correct me if wrong....

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
Parallel.

Actually both don't necessary connected togather. You can place one by the battery, another near hifi/ ECU ...

tigershark1976

Known Member
Aug 24, 2006
at the alternator? how to tap? the the positive to which wire and negative to which wire?

btw, if i insist to connect at the battery, then it should be parallel rite?

whats the diferrent in installing it in parallel vs serial?? can any expert there pls advise?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
tigershark1976 said:
1) serial: positive wire of "VS A" connect to positive terminal of the battery, then the negative wire connected to the negative wire of "VS B", and then the negative wire of VB be to the negative terminal of the battery?
u mentione Negative of VS A conect to Negative VS B....and VS B conect to batert negative side...

VS B only has one negative cable only wat, how u conect to negative side and then to battery again?

u mean both negative cable of vs A and B wil conected to batery Negative as well at last?

tigershark1976

Known Member
Aug 24, 2006
sorry.... its actually typo, it should be

Negative of VS A conect to positive VS B....

tigershark1976

Known Member
Aug 24, 2006
huakenny said:
cannot be le...u try to connect....i dun think it wil works....

u tot like the batteries in 24v vehicles meh....:_:
dun catch the ball... what do u mean??

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
Capacitors' capacitance add up when connected in parallel, and the value will decrease if connected in series.. the opposite of resistance.

Higher capacitance = shorter charging & discharging cycle = less ripple, I think that's what you want to achieve.

But why would you hook up two voltage stabilizers side-by-side, bro? Maybe you can hook up another one across your amplifier's power inputs, for instance.

tigershark1976

Known Member
Aug 24, 2006
huakenny said:
if the vs instal in wrong way..the LED wont light up.....wat make u so hard to conect 2 vs to battery?
aiyo bro.... dun jum the gun lah.... since when i said got difficulties to install 2 VS at the Batt?? just wanna find the best way to install it....:_: :_:

tigershark1976

Known Member
Aug 24, 2006
jswong said:
Capacitors' capacitance add up when connected in parallel, and the value will decrease if connected in series.. the opposite of resistance.

Higher capacitance = shorter charging & discharging cycle = less ripple, I think that's what you want to achieve.

But why would you hook up two voltage stabilizers side-by-side, bro? Maybe you can hook up another one across your amplifier's power inputs, for instance.
yap bro, thats what i wanna achieve, higher capacitance.... but i tot that will be achieve in serial??im not too sure, thats why i ask...

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
CAUTION!

If you really want to put the VS side-by-side be very careful, your hv a high capacitance!

When connecting and disconnecting to your battery, do it with care and the correct way, alot lot SURGE when you charging and discharging them.

I am not trying to scare you, on the wrong day you might blow your battery or fried your electronic..ECU etc.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

like the title suggests : no ENEOS please? Requiring bulbs for JGM Honda Civic EG3 lights..the one at ENEOS bloody ampat latut woo!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience