Advice on buying a adjustable

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
im also using hotbits silver hi/lo...not that reliable while attacking corners.
Your car too power already la. :biggrin: My car still peanuts so works quite well for me. But then again - what do you mean not reliable?

Agreed with you, I've always have a second thought on going for performance dampers & springs. But, I'm more to stance & flush moddings, gotta sacrifice the undercarriage and comfort. Because adjustable is the only thing that I can lower my ride to the maximum point and the price doesn't cost alot. Tight budget!! @.@

But thanks for the advice Izso!

You guys never heard of Zerone SSR500? (Hi/Low w/ bodyshift) I went to car show at last weekend at Bukit Jalil, I think it was under FT Innovative, They quoted me at 1200MYR w/ installation, I might consider that or HWL :rolleyes:
For this sort of range absorbers, I'd consider more 'experienced' brands like Improve or HWL since there is more feedback on their performance. The Improve bodyshift is slightly more expensive than the Zerone one, probably because of branding and all that. Anyway, it's your money, you choose which ones you want.

I recently test drive a HWL 6k-4k Wira A/B similar to my own and I found it softer than my Hotbits 4.5k-4k setup. It was a lot more comfortable and somehow more controllable. But to be fair I didn't really push it that hard.

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
Mayb i'll choose cheap adjs around rm6**-7**. i just take absorber onli, spring will use bek.. if choose a better i'll consider hwl brand.. wont spend too much on handling. prefer making higher hp :) guys got any idea?? i using ori drop in stainless steel filter, 4-1 extractor, no center bullet, direct 2.3" piping attach to js muffler. got custom make a silencer to reduce 30% sound n create a bit back pressure.. any suggestion next step??

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Danz izzit ur engine heavier need higher spring rate??
usually heavier engine need hgher spring rate...my 2 cents.............

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Your car too power already la. :biggrin: My car still peanuts so works quite well for me. But then again - what do you mean not reliable?

For this sort of range absorbers, I'd consider more 'experienced' brands like Improve or HWL since there is more feedback on their performance. The Improve bodyshift is slightly more expensive than the Zerone one, probably because of branding and all that. Anyway, it's your money, you choose which ones you want.

I recently test drive a HWL 6k-4k Wira A/B similar to my own and I found it softer than my Hotbits 4.5k-4k setup. It was a lot more comfortable and somehow more controllable. But to be fair I didn't really push it that hard.

really??? perhaps due to its damping setting? :hmmmm:

spoon civic

Known Member
Jul 12, 2012
terengganu
Mayb i'll choose cheap adjs around rm6**-7**. i just take absorber onli, spring will use bek.. if choose a better i'll consider hwl brand.. wont spend too much on handling. prefer making higher hp :) guys got any idea?? i using ori drop in stainless steel filter, 4-1 extractor, no center bullet, direct 2.3" piping attach to js muffler. got custom make a silencer to reduce 30% sound n create a bit back pressure.. any suggestion next step??

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Danz izzit ur engine heavier need higher spring rate??
usually heavier engine need hgher spring rate...my 2 cents.............

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
really??? perhaps due to its damping setting? :hmmmm:
Yeah. If you think about it, the absorbers is there to absorb all the undulations and bumps and knocks. The springs is there to support the car frame and provide some feedback to the wheels/chassis. These days I wish I had money to go Koni Eibach directly. I'm tired of trial and error (and so is my wallet)

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Tanabe Sustec is asking for RM980.00
HWL is asking for RM1100.00
(No info on warranty)
Zerone SSR500 with body shift asking for RM1200.00
(Warranty 1 year but service back only if leaking.)

All those price include fitting.
How come the prices you got so cheap???? 980 and 1100 and 1200????

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Yeah. If you think about it, the absorbers is there to absorb all the undulations and bumps and knocks. The springs is there to support the car frame and provide some feedback to the wheels/chassis. These days I wish I had money to go Koni Eibach directly. I'm tired of trial and error (and so is my wallet)
yup...thats why i'm suggesting TS to take the hi-lo+soft hard type..so he can adjust accordingly later on..(whenever needed)

atleast that is what i feels now...urge to adjust damper setting...but not to a degree of "must have" level.... :biggrin:

veloc...that's about the current price....even for HWL i knew some backdoor seller can get much cheaper :listen:

LucasChng

Known Member
Sep 17, 2012
DELETED
thats rite,did u ask owner of the shop or just ask member that using the adjustble?
980MYR was from the shop called MaxAudio if Im not mistaken near Taman Maluri, that was for Tanabe Sustec Taiwan. For HWL and Zerone 1100MYR & 1200 MYR, that's from last week Car show at Bukit Jalil at their tent, from FT Innovative in Sunway.

yup...thats why i'm suggesting TS to take the hi-lo+soft hard type..so he can adjust accordingly later on..(whenever needed)

atleast that is what i feels now...urge to adjust damper setting...but not to a degree of "must have" level.... :biggrin:

veloc...that's about the current price....even for HWL i knew some backdoor seller can get much cheaper :listen:
I know :proud:. But my budget is limited and I don't want to spent too much for a suspension. A decent one will do, plus it's not a family car. It's only me and my car :bawling:

Improve Hi/Low price they quote me at 1300MYR no bodyshift and W/O installation, that one from other shop tent at the car show event that day.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
HWL and sustec good brand woh... FML lo like that.... I bought about 3 months ago a set of Greber sport suspension. Non adjustable but stiffer than stock. RM 1200 also. Coz that time, I asked HWL, GAB and other brands, their adjustables all selling for 1.6 - 1.8k

LucasChng

Known Member
Sep 17, 2012
DELETED
Balakong got cheaper adjs. brand WINGS. rm650 onwards. gab oso got..
Lol. Dare not to buy it lol, later use not more then 3 months already leaking then that time really scratch head. :rofl:

HWL and sustec good brand woh... FML lo like that.... I bought about 3 months ago a set of Greber sport suspension. Non adjustable but stiffer than stock. RM 1200 also. Coz that time, I asked HWL, GAB and other brands, their adjustables all selling for 1.6 - 1.8k
Oh ya, earlier I said the price from the car show at Bukit Jalil. I think it was from the KakiMotor tent, not from FT Innovative. Yesterday I called them, the Sunway branch. I ask them the price for HWL and Zerone, they told me was 1200MYR and 1400MYR... So i told them the price they quoted me at the autoshow was 1100MYR and 1200MY. They ask me when I'm gonna fix, I said if the price for HWL is 1100MYR then maybe I'll comeby this weekend, then he say ok.

So, this weekend I'm going for HWL =D. Thanks guys for the feedback/advices! Will post the results!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wah.. Greber is very rare! Where'd you find these absorbers? And at RM1200 it's obviously not very cheap. But I'm guessing it's way more comfortable than a hi/lo for the same price?

In case you didn't know, Tanabe Sustec is not the same as the brand Sustec. So don't get confused between the two. One's the original, the other is made in Gombak.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ok here i go.. as u guys noe dat the CAt is located at the extractor in de kelisa..so after i removed the CAT.. my airfuel reading bcum crazy... so wut is in my mind is.. whether de air flows freely now den last time being block by dat CAT n de O2 sensor get to read those block air n now de air flows freely n de O2 sensor is not dat sensetive.. slow respond..?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience