Adjustable GAB suspension

magixk

Oct 6, 2006
I didnt test much. Was rushing home and then when i call frenz out to yamcha, i kena rejected so sit at home lor.

During the brief period of rushing home, I notice very big difference in handling. Cornering very steady.

As for comfortability, since the suspension is still brand new, I can feel the small bumps on the road. It isnt annoying or painful to my butt but compared to my old stock suspension, which I can feel very bouncy like sitting on a sampan at sea. Bad thing is that now when I hit a really low spot at highway or hit those stupid concrete stones made for lorry go-in-out, my tyres will sometimes hit the fender if I go over them too fast. Otherwise, very comfy.

Nonetheless it feels very solid, but not solid like rock.

All in all, I rate it this way:

Performance = 60%
Comfort = 40%

in a 100% ratio.

NSkyline

Jul 2, 2005
ok.....do update from time to time Bro.....wanna hear all your stunts....

magixk

Oct 6, 2006
bro edwin_lcw, total cost is RM1950. Might be just abit expensive i think...but i pay for the service more den the product, cos i noe this motorsport shop workmanship is good and honest.

bro NSkyline, stunts ar? not dare leh, play-play is ok, but stunts like piu yee dangerous sia...hahahah Ya will update here on performance of cornering with GAB suspension...

pdguy

Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
magixk said:
bro edwin_lcw, total cost is RM1950. Might be just abit expensive i think...but i pay for the service more den the product, cos i noe this motorsport shop workmanship is good and honest.

bro NSkyline, stunts ar? not dare leh, play-play is ok, but stunts like piu yee dangerous sia...hahahah Ya will update here on performance of cornering with GAB suspension...
wat car u pasang bro ? .... thanks !

magixk

Oct 6, 2006
Yeah '99 Putra, replaced stock suspension

LuKa

Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
welcome to the world of adjustables.. if you want a smoother n comfort ride.. u need a twin tube adjustables.. mono tubes are more for performance n street quick handlings.. some comes with high low only,some with both highlow n soft hard.. the gab u bought.. i think is a local made adjustables, not GAB imported.. imported adjustables are much more expensive.. like HKS,Tien,Cusco.. usually kaki kereta only will spend for such stuff... but.. it is mainly for performace use.. not 4 jalan2 makan angin.. n feel god ur riding on a expensive aftermarket parts.. riding slower usually hurts for most imports adjustables..

however.. imports models adjustables.. can get at chopshop at cheaper price.. but i do not recommend, since it is used n u dont know the condition.. if u wanna repair them u stilll hv to go to local adjustables company.. so means the parts is local.. only the housing n spring are imported.. might as well get a local one with 2yrs warranty or 40k mileage warranty, thats what most company offers..

but the good things bout adjustables.. it helps u maintain ur speed at extreme corners.. means u feel safe n confident to ride faster on turns.. even if u dont have a powerful engine.. u can negotiate corner better than converted turbo car on stock shocks....

to me.. handling department is as important to power/engine displacement..

edwin_lcw

Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
i heard that adjustables are very hard not comfortable one ..... do they have those that are ocmfortable n have effect like those hard ones .... coz sat n sun need to fetch parents to go makan if adjusttables i scared my parents ass flat after riding my car

LuKa

Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
yes there is... u need to get a twin tube type.. or those that can adjust soft n hard..

murcielago

Jan 19, 2005
buying GAB is like buying proton...depends on yr luck on their reliability....poor poor poor after sales service from their manufacture...

NSkyline

Jul 2, 2005
aiya....save money go titan kautim sai....performance plus comfort right....now they got forum dedicated to titan user....

LuKa

Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
yes.. titan.. its good.. they usually custom make em to ur liking n driving style n purposes.. but u have to pay for such detailed specs

JtuneD

Apr 2, 2004
State Of Trance
I've seen there is fully imported GAB Adjustable suspension nowadays?? It has HI-LO, 32 steps Soft-Hard, damper...etc to adjust??!! And it cost around 2k plus...anyone buy this GAB b4??