Absorber recomendation

crazykid

Known Member
Feb 22, 2005
somewhere on earth
Visit site
I`m using a stock absorber for my daihatsu.Its a KYB but it useless because the whole absorber will get too soft in 6 month time and i will be able to hear clang clang sound <_< so irritating.Not quite sure if i`m using the same absorber as charade because i drive a ascend.All recomendations are welcome,but dun tell me to use titan ler too expensive for an 10 years old car :D

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
hi...tumpang your thread arrr...

just wondering...im driving a satria 1.6 and my fren has a GTI..

his suspension system is stock and the height clearance is 2 fingers front and back...

wondering whether it will result in the same height if i use his whole system....

im taking HIS system over and using it on my car..

i have concerns that it will be higher because my car is lighter..

silverzilla

Known Member
Mar 9, 2005
if hotbits make absorbers for your car,i would highly recommend it.Ive used it on a satria gti before,and the performance/comfort i rate quite highly.

crazykid

Known Member
Feb 22, 2005
somewhere on earth
Visit site
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Mar 21 2005, 02:41
dude crazykid

i suspect it's not the dampers/shock absorbers.

it's the springs. GET NEWer ones.
[snapback]825905[/snapback]​
:rolleyes: maby lolx i cant remember when was the last time my parents change the spring.But thats what i wantted to do,change the spring.But the stock shock absorbers is soft,that made me not think about the spring because the road condition of our beloved country is so bad.The other pissing off part is that i dont know the model of the shock absorbers or both size and with of the spring. :unsure:
if hotbits make absorbers for your car,i would highly recommend it.Ive used it on a satria gti before,and the performance/comfort i rate quite highly.
If it did bro...i would have bought it.Have to start visiting car shops edi.

RevMesh

Known Member
Jul 20, 2004
vr4 absorbers is good for satria in my experience.......if wanna use it's spring then haf to hot compress it.......

RevMesh

Known Member
Jul 20, 2004
yup, mine is a good example, appy from the day one....but haven send the stock vr4 spring t compress. currently using apm lowered spring....

jinkl-

500 RPM
Mar 3, 2005
Klang
wah.. bro wht the gain of compressing the spring.. is it higher spring rate or wht does it do .. thanks..
i want to compress a evo3 spring hehe

RevMesh

Known Member
Jul 20, 2004
actually, it' just the other way of lowering the car. but using a stock spring to do it is another thing, but u ain't wanna do it with ur proton stock spring. vr4's stock spring is quite stiff, hence already rigid handling provided, so just need to compress to lower it. when cut instead mean u might be cuttting some part of the coil which suppose to give the comfort.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hai all

Help me pls,If 4G67 DOCH N/A can bore safely from 81.5mm to 85mm but if 4G93 DOCH N/A bore 81.5mm to 83mm it not safe any more.Mabye 2 or 3 time drag go bye bye bye.So how to make it long life ? Or punch 83mm slip block (CA18DET) (Mazda B8) ? :secret:

One more thing how much it cost to blueprint & balancing engine ? rm400 or rm800 ? And location ? :confused_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience