A Visit to Petersen Automotive Museum, LA + Boyd Coddington's Works & Hotwheels

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

I've just returned lately from my business trip to Los Angeles and while I was there I visited the Petersen Automotive Museum. This is a place where car enthusiast must visit when you are in LA aka LALA land as the local call it. The Petersen is rich with history of the automotive age in the States. From the beginning of automotive industry to hot rods, NHRA Top Fuel dragster, bikes, customization, rebuilds & supercars...

It also features cars from some classic Hollywood movies...likes Batman, Dukes Of Hazzard, Green Hornet TV series....etc...This place also display some of the works of famous designers and builders like Chip Foose and Boyd Coddington. A section was dedicated to HotWheels...

A 24k gold plated DeLorean

A diorama of the olden days grocery shop

A replica of So-Cal Speed shop 1 of the 1st hot rods part store in the days of hot rods...The customization of hot rods was very popular after WW2 as soldiers returning from duty has plenty of time in their hands then they turn the technical knowledge gained from their service into building hot rods and race them at empty airfields...

A Low Rider nicknamed "The Egyptian"...

"The Elvis" another Low Rider

The famous Mach 5 from Speed racer. This car is actually drivable.

The Batmobile was based on a Chevy Impala..and its drivable too...

VW Beetle from the film Herbie Fully Loaded.

NHRA also display some of its awesome dragsters as to celebrate its 60 years anniversary...the tagline was "Sixty Years of Thunder"
Top Fuel dragster

A Chevy small block moded.

A Pro Stocker drag car

A Funny Car dragster

Anatomy of a Pro Stock bike

A work by Chip Foose...The Sniper it's heart is a V10 from a Viper..

Boyd Coddington's work.. The Aluma Coupe

Some classic Supercar was on display as well.
Vector M12

A Ford GT40

For the Hot Wheels fan

For more pictures, please go to this link. Thank you
Petersen Automotive museum pictures by TitanRevo - Photobucket

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi and greeting to all the sifu and guru out there,

i'm planning to get a e30.. currently saw one with 1g gte twin turbo and another rb20det (so far away from me)

so, almost confirm to get the 1g.

but now i'm soooo worried... my question is, will this 1g goes underpower.. has insufficient power to drift? or do i need to spend alot more $$ to modify..
(beginner)

thanks for helping.. hope to hear opinion and advices from you guys..

or maybe anyone selling a drift-able e30...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience