Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
is it possible?this is the current list of my modification:

1. TWINCAM DOHC Head from 4G15
2. 4-2-1 extractor with piping
3. open pod intake

if its possible to install 4throttle :
a. how much power am i looking at?
b. what about engine internals,can it withstand?
c. what about ecu?
d. the price for installing the 4throttle?

thx..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i wud suggest against the 4throttle sir, the others look good. weve tuned a bog std waja engine wit with full hotbits exhaust system and the engine made around 90hp on dyno dynamics, considering it used an aotumatic tranny, the result was quite good. get an emanage or get the original ecu reflashed, pm for details, tq sir

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
is it possible?this is the current list of my modification:

1. TWINCAM DOHC Head from 4G15
2. 4-2-1 extractor with piping
3. open pod intake

if its possible to install 4throttle :
a. how much power am i looking at?
b. what about engine internals,can it withstand?
c. what about ecu?
d. the price for installing the 4throttle?

thx..
a. depends on what other mods u planning to do and fine tuning done on it... at least 10hp...
b. yes... but best result try get high compression for it... and also get ur cylinder head ported and polished...
c. u will need a standalone ecu... haltech, microtech, megasquirt, etc...
d. cheapass 4-throttle unit can get from 4age 20v for approx rm400... custom fabrication on intake manifold, ecu and other fine tuning stuff will cost u much more....

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
a. depends on what other mods u planning to do and fine tuning done on it... at least 10hp...
b. yes... but best result try get high compression for it... and also get ur cylinder head ported and polished...
c. u will need a standalone ecu... haltech, microtech, megasquirt, etc...
d. cheapass 4-throttle unit can get from 4age 20v for approx rm400... custom fabrication on intake manifold, ecu and other fine tuning stuff will cost u much more....
thank you so much bro..i think i'd rather go for emanage?:love:

owh yea..my budget would be around RM1000-RM1300..which would u suggest that could give me noticable increment in power and torque, sifu?

Last edited:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
LOL no offence, but RM1300 seems a bit optimistic to want 4 throttles...

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
yea i know LOL..that's y i asked about the price as well..might end up with emanage,correct?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
does rpw make cams for the 4g15 dohc? if so u can take a look at that

what were the differences felt after u bolted on the dohc head?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
dohc head alone shudnt give u substantial power increment, infact in the past i found a 4g92 single cam is far better from if it uses a dohc head from a 4g93. d one wit 93 head gets the upper hand only when its tuned up

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
dohc head alone shudnt give u substantial power increment, infact in the past i found a 4g92 single cam is far better from if it uses a dohc head from a 4g93. d one wit 93 head gets the upper hand only when its tuned up
interesting, never knew that it is like that for the 4g9x just what ive read off from rpw, for the 4g15 sohc terbalik, bolting on the dohc head in this case will give better breathing up top, gains almost like a sohc but with an aftermarket cam, or so they claim la

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
for me..i definately feel the power when using twin cam..i can easily reach 200km/h..unlike when it was single cam,reaching 200km/h needs longer time...with twin cam..its faster..its like 2men doing 1job..while single cam,1man doing 1job..

i didnt dyno it..but my butt said yes..got increment in power/torque..exact figure i dont know..

i've tried looking for the rpw cam..but no avail..need to send to australia..and man..should be around a month or two..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
interesting, never knew that it is like that for the 4g9x just what ive read off from rpw, for the 4g15 sohc terbalik, bolting on the dohc head in this case will give better breathing up top, gains almost like a sohc but with an aftermarket cam, or so they claim la
dont get me wrong tofu, i didnt say it wasnt good compared to the sohc head, but it needs sum adjustment for it to perform, not as simple as pnp. the 93 head got better after we made few adjustments to it and sum tuning up. the cams and head were made for a 1.8liter (bigger lift and duration for the cams, and bigger runners for the head), so on a 1.6liter it made power higher in the revv, the torque curve was steep, not my cuppa tea. we adjusted the power band and torque curve so dat it wud give out good amount of power in the higher revv but the most important part is it gives almost flat torque curve, like an engine wit a variable cam timing system. maybe it wudve give good result for pnp if a 91 head was used instead, we have to try dat to be sure, hmm..

in one1002, d head u gotten urself was made for a 1500cc, no? dat translate into higher airflow value in a 1.6liter engine, hence y u felt good gains on ur setup, congrats:love: but it wasnt because its a dohc head, a single cam head can also achieve such result if the setup and tune is perfectly done. just look at the big block in those muscle cars, or those continentals, they arent using dohc heads pun..

err, u want cams ke for ur engine? pm for details sir

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
LOL no offence, but RM1300 seems a bit optimistic to want 4 throttles...
yeah..

the most expensive part shud be the tuning & intake costumization works, imo.
the parts needed shud't kill you mehh?

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
dont get me wrong tofu, i didnt say it wasnt good compared to the sohc head, but it needs sum adjustment for it to perform, not as simple as pnp. the 93 head got better after we made few adjustments to it and sum tuning up. the cams and head were made for a 1.8liter (bigger lift and duration for the cams, and bigger runners for the head), so on a 1.6liter it made power higher in the revv, the torque curve was steep, not my cuppa tea. we adjusted the power band and torque curve so dat it wud give out good amount of power in the higher revv but the most important part is it gives almost flat torque curve, like an engine wit a variable cam timing system. maybe it wudve give good result for pnp if a 91 head was used instead, we have to try dat to be sure, hmm..

in one1002, d head u gotten urself was made for a 1500cc, no? dat translate into higher airflow value in a 1.6liter engine, hence y u felt good gains on ur setup, congrats:love: but it wasnt because its a dohc head, a single cam head can also achieve such result if the setup and tune is perfectly done. just look at the big block in those muscle cars, or those continentals, they arent using dohc heads pun..

err, u want cams ke for ur engine? pm for details sir
yes..mine is for 1500cc..its from mitsubishi colt actually..

so meaning if i already have the DOHC,add with some tuning, its going to be better right?

probably by installing emanage solves the problem lol..

yeah..

the most expensive part shud be the tuning & intake costumization works, imo.
the parts needed shud't kill you mehh?
yup..i was just asking about 4throttles though..well unfortunately,the budget didnt allow me..hahaha :biggrin::biggrin:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
xtremeleo, ah i thought u meant the 4g92 would benefit from the dohc head if u had other mods done requiring the airflow potential that the dohc has over the sohc, but yeah i see what u mean now

curious to know how the compression ratio is affected in threadstarter's case after the head swap

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
well,lets wait for xtremeleo to reply..as i dont know about it too..lol..

ow yea..btw,would like to know the total cost of the 4throttles including the installation + other stuff..heh..just curious..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey Guys,

I planning to do a open pod filter in my iswara (4G13 carburetor). The iswara is built with a drop in filter. So my question is that

a) what parts are require to fix an open pod filter
b) do i need a heatshield if i'm planning to make a cold air intake
c) where is the most reliable place in KL
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience