4g92 sohc (4g92p) no ignition problem

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
dammm... all these while repairing other car for friends/family it doesn't create such a headache to me...

but my own car pulak acting up....

the problem is one night while reversing and parked my car at my porch... the engine dies (been hearing rough idling just before that)

car can crank...but no spark coming out at spark plug cable...so confirm ignition problem...

since normally the distributor was main culprit...i've replaced it with recond unit new....but to no available...the car still didnt want to start... (crank but no ignition) fuel,timingbelt, were all good...

so need help here to properly check the ignition source at distributor socket (or best workshop manual for this specific engine to properly troubleshoot).... atleast if confirmed the new distributor also not working..i can head back to the part shop and get another replacement.... (*been googling for such testing procedure of this 4g92 sohc engine but nothing comes up)

for now i'm looking if somebody have spare ecu and distributor for 4g92 sohc lend it to me to test which one was the main culprit... helppppp :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
4g92p oso in wira 1.6 rite?
is the ecu easy to remove?
if yes then i cam ask a friend in seremban if he is willing to help as he is driving wira 1.6

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
4g92p oso in wira 1.6 rite?
is the ecu easy to remove?
if yes then i cam ask a friend in seremban if he is willing to help as he is driving wira 1.6
i think can close the case already...

found proper testing procedure to check the ignition system (distributor) and confirmed that the replacement distributor is faulty....

will get another unit (exchange back) and test later tonight

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
Require some advice here; where is the best for money paint job around KL or Selangor, thought of having pearl white on my Skyline V35.
I've seen the next level customz website, these guys quite impressive, have not got the chance to visit the shop in PJ.

What you guys reckon...?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience