4g91 modification

hafiz4g91

Feb 13, 2009
hi there.
anyone know what best to do with 4g91??
what i've done was change g/box to 1.8 with trinity plate and exedy racing pressure plate. but change back to 4g91 g/box. mahal seh nk maintain. keras bapak nk tekan clutch

in my list is
1. to do port and polish together with modified cam pully to adjustable
2. change cam shaft to gsr cam or other 1.8 cam
3. change throttle body, ecu, air flow sensor and knock sensor (if i not mistaken la) to 1.8.
4. install e-manage with aerospeed fuel regulator

if anybody know what else to do, pls reply.......:driver:

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
use 93g/b then change back to 91g/b???
ur 93 gb hav longer ratio than ur 91 huh???
as for the clutch thingy.....
its pretty much depends on individuals....
i'm using exedy 3-puck...n hav no prob driving daily for work n etc....

as for the cams....
if not mistaken, 4g93n/a cams hav higher lift or longer duration compared to GSR ones.....
so changing to 4g93 n/s ones should b better...but bear in mind...the difference is not "feel-able".....
as for your plan no.3, i guess there;s no need to waste the time n $$$, as u r planning for emanage.....wat u get from no.3 is perhaps oni a higher rev cut n the knock sensor thingy (if not mistaken 91 wiring n ecu dun hav...not v sure abt this).....
perhaps u can opt for bigger t/body, port ur intake to suit the size of ur new t/body, then go for emanage n dyno tune.....

hafiz4g91

Feb 13, 2009
what u mean with not feelable if i change cam shaft to 4g93???? don't understand laa.
so u suggest that i only do porting the intake and big throtle body??

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
just do the basic things 4 4g91 is enuf...will maintain a good n realiable daily drive..
get a good 4-2-1...get max 1.8" inner diameter piping...chg t.body 2 4g93 o mivec t.body
get 4g93 na cams..fuel regulator...better air filter...wit these mods u will proly get around 110hp on wheel
mine i dynoed wit 4-2-1,hks open pod,4g93 cam is 106hp on wheel

happy modding

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
aik,another 91 thread?? hafiz,there's another thread under proton..lots of in4mation,if u rajin go thru hundreds n hundreds of pages...hope 2 c u there...:wavey:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
hi there.
what i've done was change g/box to 1.8 with trinity plate and exedy racing pressure plate. but change back to 4g91 g/box. mahal seh nk maintain. keras bapak nk tekan clutch

in my list is
3. change throttle body, ecu, air flow sensor and knock sensor (if i not mistaken la) to 1.8.

what u did wasnt changing the gearbox... u jz changed to racing clutch plate... datz why it is hard to depress... hence, u swap back to oem clutch plate which is less punishing...

1,2,4 is recommended...

but i dont understand how option 3 can improve ur engine performance... why not jz get a 4g93 block and bump ur displacement to 1.8L??..

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
hi there.

in my list is

1. Depand on budget, if allow then go ahead.
2. 1.8 NA have better lift height, GSR turbo have large duration. Change to NA cam, ur max torque will push to around 5000RPM.
3. go to 60mm t/b and port the intake manifold to support.
4. 8.5 inch cultch set and lighten the flywheel.
5. 421 + 2 inch piping + 1.75 S flow muffler.
6. FD for 1.6 G/b is 4.322, however, stock 4G91 GB is 4.021 ( crusing).
7. go to good spark plug and cable.
8. light weight ur car.

This is what I did on my ex 4G91 engine.
Result: U will never walk alone with Mivec, GTI stock... Hope can help.:biggrin:

marcusloo3003

Jul 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys. i have a satria 1995 model 1.3 carb converted to 4g91 fuel injection. i have put a K&N air filter, changed my piping to 2 inches, changed my absorber to sports not adjustable with lower racing springs. i just recently changed my intake manifold to skunk2 70mm for honda B16a and added a s90 70mm evo3 throttle body with a sard fuel regulator tuned to 3.5 and jasma fuel rail. there is absolutely no difference from before i changed it im very confused. spent 1000+ already and still no difference very sakit hati. dont know what to do. and when i drive on the highway at high speeds its very bumpy :s. anyone can help?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Dude... I don't think you option 2 and 3 gonna give you any benefits....

Changing to 1.8 cams not reli useful i think... It may mess up your durations and lift and may even cause interference to your pistons. First time I heard of this... Have you done it?
An alternative would be to look for 4G91 higher duration cams. You can machine it if you can't find.

And throttle body... Airflow sensor... Not really relevant la dude...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guy

did your konw why to buy this think,how if 2nd hand ?
or any comment for it

thanks

ftfong
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience