2jz gte vvti cylinder head with 1jz gte block

my1keen

Mar 29, 2006
Hi,

Have anybody have experience changing a 2jz gte vvti engine block with 1jz gte non vvti block.
Beside the complete engine block what other part I need to change?

My current car is an aristo aka lexus GS300 came with 2jz gte vvti twin turbo and the reason I want to do this is to save money from the expensive roadtax. Currently paying for 2K+ and will be reduce to 800 if I change the block.

If possible share with me the pros and cons after changing the 1jz engine block.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Last edited:

khuen72

May 24, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I am not sure if it is possible to interchange it this way normally people do is using 1jz head with 2jz block, but wouldn't it be better if you just change the engine to 1jz vvti ?

my1keen

Mar 29, 2006
I am not sure if it is possible to interchange it this way normally people do is using 1jz head with 2jz block, but wouldn't it be better if you just change the engine to 1jz vvti ?
Thanks Khuen72.

I am not sure the wiring for 1jz vvti and 2jz vvti is the same.
I think to buy the 1jz non vvti block because is cheap. Buying the complete vvti engine is expensive and it would be end up with more money when buying a halfcut.

I am thinking the budget way to enjoy the saving on the roadtax.

Thank you.

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Never heard this done, if not mistaken the head won't bolt on.

Furthermore labour and parts cost to do this easily will go past 5k, so the savings from road tax will only be worth it after 5 years. You are only saving 1.2k roadtax per year.

To downgrade to 1jz will also cost over 5k.

There are other ways to pay cheaper roadtax :wink:

my1keen

Mar 29, 2006
Never heard this done, if not mistaken the head won't bolt on.

Furthermore labour and parts cost to do this easily will go past 5k, so the savings from road tax will only be worth it after 5 years. You are only saving 1.2k roadtax per year.

To downgrade to 1jz will also cost over 5k.

There are other ways to pay cheaper roadtax :wink:
Gobiz2,

Thanks for the reply. You mention that there are other way to pay cheaper roadtax without downgrading the CC?

Please advice.

Thanks.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
if i were u, i'd buy 1jz vvti manual halfcut. transplant it. endorse it. then sell the 2jz auto to cover back the cost.. roadtax cheaper. abit better FC. almost as fast as 2jz auto though...

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Install NGV.
50% roadtax discount for full ngv system but can only use ngv afterwards, petrol cannot.
25% roadtax discount for dual ngv system, can use both petrol and ngv.

:biggrin:

khuen72

May 24, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
but come to think of it the 1jz parts n labor would cost more then the roadtax u pay for a few years. i wouldn't do it if i were u. btw 1jz vvti manual are gems to find n cost a bomb normally

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Plan to modd my FF Opel to FR or 4WD,depend on the enjin goin to swap in.
any sifu can advise the step i need to go and the pricing ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience