250-300HP Gen2 Possible?

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Hi guys do you think its possible? CAuse I think I will confirm go for the Gen2. The mods for the engine is as follow:

1.8L stroker from G Care care (already reserved)
Proreka supercharge kit with stage 2 pulley and custom intercooler
Snow performance water injection kit
BC 272 camshafts
Nasty portflow port and polish.
4-2-1 extractor and exhaust
Link ECU

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
with enuf money, (almost) everything is possible.
BTW, have done the calculation for the budget?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
with enuf money, (almost) everything is possible.
BTW, have done the calculation for the budget?
Aiyah! no budget mentioned mah!
Probably if he can source the parts from MY then cheaper since he is from SG....:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Hi guys do you think its possible? CAuse I think I will confirm go for the Gen2. The mods for the engine is as follow:

BC 272 camshafts
Link ECU
Remember to soup up your brakes and suspension. Can go fast must be able to handle and slow fast also.....:driver:

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
Aiyah! no budget mentioned mah!
Probably if he can source the parts from MY then cheaper since he is from SG....:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Remember to soup up your brakes and suspension. Can go fast must be able to handle and slow fast also.....:driver:
OK thanks that one will be another project. Yes I will be doing everythin in MY. Literally no one knows abt Gen2 in SG.

e-jump

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Im no expert with proton engine and SC, but judging from B18 (honda 1.8L) its doable for 250+ w/ SC (sorry, i dont know other 1.8L engines)..
But to reach 300whp n more, i think the supercharger will make your life harder as to get the boost you want will require customizing the SC pulley size trials unless that stage 2 pulley is already CNC to get the expected boost/power on that specific engine.
Turbo would be more easier to reach that level as long you pick the right turbo size, and easily adjusted w/ the boost controller

/im not sure about that intercooler on SC
Do you happen to know anyone ever did something like it before?
But if you want to go the 'i'll be the 1st' route, im interested to know the results too

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
based on our climate, best to get a FMIC instead of TMIC. more power, more reliability, more cost on parts btw.. haha.
i'm not sure gen2 has 3 or 4 engine mounting. but if gen2 has 3, some say it is not advisable to go high HP. But based on your plan, i would say u would spend alot of cash for certain amount of power but u can also get same amount of power with slighly lower budget by getting a 4G93T engine and a bigger turbine.. or maybe get your campro forged internal and go turbo.. get some more research before u decide how to get it done. good luck modding bro and please share it here..

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

BC 272 camshafts
Link ECU
Possible. Depends on wallet only. But if u got that money to spend, dont waste your time. Invest in a better platform first.
I seen a 300hp saga here. Sp2h block

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Gen 2 same platform as Persona, right? If yes, then have 4 mountings as in most cars....

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
based on our climate, best to get a FMIC instead of TMIC. more power, more reliability, more cost on parts btw.. haha.
i'm not sure gen2 has 3 or 4 engine mounting. but if gen2 has 3, some say it is not advisable to go high HP. But based on your plan, i would say u would spend alot of cash for certain amount of power but u can also get same amount of power with slighly lower budget by getting a 4G93T engine and a bigger turbine.. or maybe get your campro forged internal and go turbo.. get some more research before u decide how to get it done. good luck modding bro and please share it here..
I will be using water to air intercooler. Cause I saw on Proreka facebook that they have create a prototype water to air intercooler.

Actually I would love to install 4G93T but too bad its illegal, I have to stick with campro. The stroker kit is forged so it will be ok for the power.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if you were expecting 250hp and above...go for turbocharger..easier to setup...plenty of turbo size range to choose from...

supercharger is all about response and not much up top of the rev range...

with air-water intercooler...just make sure the external radiator for the intercooler unit have separate fan and switch for better air intake temperature control

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

if you were expecting 250hp and above...go for turbocharger..easier to setup...plenty of turbo size range to choose from...

supercharger is all about response and not much up top of the rev range...

with air-water intercooler...just make sure the external radiator for the intercooler unit have separate fan and switch for better air intake temperature control

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I will be using water to air intercooler. Cause I saw on Proreka facebook that they have create a prototype water to air intercooler.

Actually I would love to install 4G93T but too bad its illegal, I have to stick with campro. The stroker kit is forged so it will be ok for the power.
The 4G93T might be legal if the engine mounting are not altered. 4G63T then cannot as that is 2.0L...:smokin:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam

then if i were u, with all the internal goodness(forged) i will go for turbo since u are targeting 250hp-300hp of power. then get a bigger injector, bigger fuel pump and a haltech to tune. boom.. 300hp of awesomeness

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Possible with ur setup. Water injection good, bigger radiator, everything make sure they are cooler.
Make sure got LSD though. U say stroker I assume the 1.6 CPS?
I think wait around in the market for a Mivec Gen 2 better. My friend just sold his for 11k.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, can anyone share their experience abt this engine oil?
What i know its damn expensive at over RM200.

Comment?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience