2019 Proton Saga Launched! - RM33K onwards

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
They just need a scanner to get the frequency by scanning near where your key is (usually near the main door) and drive off your car within 2 minutes. These scanners are really easy to buy these days.
Yes.
However this is only easy to do when there is no encryption at both end. Its simple to apply.

A basic keyless system with no encryption is very easy to clone. Just imagine it like the rfid card we use for some apartment access or elite housing area access or factory. Most of these system does not have encryption thus u can copy the card whenever u need or lost or have ill intention as the system only recognize and need the badge id to work. Some manufacturer tied the programming to work with their software only but wont offer the best protection as sometimes other device such as rfid guard tour tool can still read the badge id. Again, all u need to do is replicate the badge id.

The one equip with encryption is more secured. Its not foolproof but it is very hard to decrypt unless u have the decryption key.

Now there is already tech that have decryption and 2 way comm for a very secured card access. I know card access and car alarm sound different but trust me their basic working is the same. How this one work is by sending an encrypted signal everytime we lock and unlock the thing and at the same time set a future encrypted code for the next transaction. This code is as a code for the alarm systen to only recognize signals from the original device.
This way, bad guys wont know the 'username' and the 'password' as its kept on revolving. To make things worst for them, its encrypted.

Which keyless alarm uses this tech?
Dunno, and its best the thief dont know and the manufacturer dont declare.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yes.
However this is only easy to do when there is no encryption at both end. Its simple to apply.

A basic keyless system with no encryption is very easy to clone. Just imagine it like the rfid card we use for some apartment access or elite housing area access or factory. Most of these system does not have encryption thus u can copy the card whenever u need or lost or have ill intention as the system only recognize and need the badge id to work. Some manufacturer tied the programming to work with their software only but wont offer the best protection as sometimes other device such as rfid guard tour tool can still read the badge id. Again, all u need to do is replicate the badge id.

The one equip with encryption is more secured. Its not foolproof but it is very hard to decrypt unless u have the decryption key.

Now there is already tech that have decryption and 2 way comm for a very secured card access. I know card access and car alarm sound different but trust me their basic working is the same. How this one work is by sending an encrypted signal everytime we lock and unlock the thing and at the same time set a future encrypted code for the next transaction. This code is as a code for the alarm systen to only recognize signals from the original device.
This way, bad guys wont know the 'username' and the 'password' as its kept on revolving. To make things worst for them, its encrypted.

Which keyless alarm uses this tech?
Dunno, and its best the thief dont know and the manufacturer dont declare.
Another thing is if it has all this security then I'm pretty sure the price isn't going to be this cheap anymore.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
They just need a scanner to get the frequency by scanning near where your key is (usually near the main door) and drive off your car within 2 minutes. These scanners are really easy to buy these days.
Proton still needs the key to be inserted when starting. I own a Preve CFE. So far, I have only heard of those lesser Preves without Start/Stop immobiliser that gets stolen.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Proton still needs the key to be inserted when starting. I own a Preve CFE. So far, I have only heard of those lesser Preves without Start/Stop immobiliser that gets stolen.
For Preve & Suprima yes.
Iriz and Persona for full spec is 100% keyless.

I believe for Preve and Suprima, they are still using the small chip at base of the key hence u need to put the key into the slot as the chip in the key is passive and needs to be very close to the reader.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You can put lipstick on a pig... but at the end of the day it is still a pig.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Such harsh words on a budget car
Is it really?

1.The current generation Saga launched in 2016, and this facelift is 3 years later, 2019, BUT, that's utter bullshit. The current generation platform IS the 2008 Saga, which, was itself based on the extended wheelbase version of the 2005 Savvy. That makes this current generation's platform effectively 14 years old.

2.The previous Saga platform was used continuously for 23 years.

I think people are forgetful. And I am sick and tired of Proton ripping off Malaysians with obsolete and sub par products. Who are stuck with these products? The rakyat. The masses.

Why is traction control not compulsory ? Because Proton exists, and then Perodua.
https://paultan.org/2016/11/29/stability-control-mandatory-in-malaysia-by-june-2018/

Do you see it being compulsory? LOL, NO.

Abolish the protection for Proton & Perodua, let other makers compete on a fair market, and who ultimately benefits? The rakyat. Because other makers will then be able to offer better products at Proton & Perodua price points.

So yes, it's a pig. It's not a budget car, it's expensive. It appears "cheap" in Malaysia because other cars are expensive because of tax and duties imposed by the government to protect this "budget" car.

In actual fact, this is a piece of shit of car for the price. I guarantee you that without the tax and duties, other makers can offer better cars with better safety at this price or less.

DNGFashion

Known Member
Apr 20, 2017
Being an Iriz owner for almost 4 years, I am in one accord with ixeo with regards to the conundrum of national cars. One especially that pisses me off it is the push button adaptor wiper (Conti style wiper type) in a national car, what!! Besides, after a decade or more, what has campro engine become today?

National cars are supposed to be affordable as a whole to the general masses of Malaysia.

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Being an Iriz owner for almost 4 years, I am in one accord with ixeo with regards to the conundrum of national cars. One especially that pisses me off it is the push button adaptor wiper (Conti style wiper type) in a national car, what!! Besides, after a decade or more, what has campro engine become today?

National cars are supposed to be affordable as a whole to the general masses of Malaysia.
Nowadays they are still the only one cheapest, just because the others are more expensive.......lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
So, i went to see the car yesterday but too bad there is no test drive unit.

Overall i can see they either spank the current vendor to supply better parts or appoint new vendor from China based from the different quality of material and chinese wordings on some plastic wrapping.
Their paint is almost certain comes from different supplier as the clear coat shine is very2 different in shade.

I also notice that the B pillar is thicker compared to my BLM or is it since FL era...

What i dont like;
1.space saver spare tire when the compartment is still the same.
2.lousy designed door lock above the opening handle from the inside. Imagine it as a super cheap version of the waja lock.
3.rear seat 'neck' rest. Useless just like tge one in the new Persona.

What i like;
1.body hugging front seats
2.fold down rear seats
3.better built quality
4.bigger front brakes...BLM and FL braking is kinda bad esp with OE pads aka dust pads.

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
So, i went to see the car yesterday but too bad there is no test drive unit.

Overall i can see they either spank the current vendor to supply better parts or appoint new vendor from China based from the different quality of material and chinese wordings on some plastic wrapping.
Their paint is almost certain comes from different supplier as the clear coat shine is very2 different in shade.

I also notice that the B pillar is thicker compared to my BLM or is it since FL era...

What i dont like;
1.space saver spare tire when the compartment is still the same.
2.lousy designed door lock above the opening handle from the inside. Imagine it as a super cheap version of the waja lock.
3.rear seat 'neck' rest. Useless just like tge one in the new Persona.

What i like;
1.body hugging front seats
2.fold down rear seats
3.better built quality
4.bigger front brakes...BLM and FL braking is kinda bad esp with OE pads aka dust pads.
Nice... The new Saga is definitely a looker. Quality wise most likely have improved as well

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Is it really?

1.The current generation Saga launched in 2016, and this facelift is 3 years later, 2019, BUT, that's utter bullshit. The current generation platform IS the 2008 Saga, which, was itself based on the extended wheelbase version of the 2005 Savvy. That makes this current generation's platform effectively 14 years old.

2.The previous Saga platform was used continuously for 23 years.

I think people are forgetful. And I am sick and tired of Proton ripping off Malaysians with obsolete and sub par products. Who are stuck with these products? The rakyat. The masses.

Why is traction control not compulsory ? Because Proton exists, and then Perodua.
https://paultan.org/2016/11/29/stability-control-mandatory-in-malaysia-by-june-2018/

Do you see it being compulsory? LOL, NO.

Abolish the protection for Proton & Perodua, let other makers compete on a fair market, and who ultimately benefits? The rakyat. Because other makers will then be able to offer better products at Proton & Perodua price points.

So yes, it's a pig. It's not a budget car, it's expensive. It appears "cheap" in Malaysia because other cars are expensive because of tax and duties imposed by the government to protect this "budget" car.

In actual fact, this is a piece of shit of car for the price. I guarantee you that without the tax and duties, other makers can offer better cars with better safety at this price or less.
It's harsh but true to the bone, i agree to Ixeo, its not a budget car as the government is jacking up duty on foreign car brands to make P1/P2 looks cheap and affordable. Even the empty Toyota Vios can be appeared to be twice expensive due to the outrageous taxes. The recent X70 is only good thing that came out from Proton for a very long time, but the prices are questionable.

It seems to me that because of Proton and Perodua, the masses are not allowed to have standard and deserved safety and comfort.

I stopped my GF from buying P1 & P2 for her mum because i know non of these 2 can rival the safety of her old Atoz. That thing can crash a 2005 Myvi front part to a mess while the Atoz suffers not so serious damage.

Thanks,
Ken

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
It's harsh but true to the bone, i agree to Ixeo, its not a budget car as the government is jacking up duty on foreign car brands to make P1/P2 looks cheap and affordable. Even the empty Toyota Vios can be appeared to be twice expensive due to the outrageous taxes. The recent X70 is only good thing that came out from Proton for a very long time, but the prices are questionable.

It seems to me that because of Proton and Perodua, the masses are not allowed to have standard and deserved safety and comfort.

I stopped my GF from buying P1 & P2 for her mum because i know non of these 2 can rival the safety of her old Atoz. That thing can crash a 2005 Myvi front part to a mess while the Atoz suffers not so serious damage.

Thanks,
Ken
Eh, modern P1 safety i a hell lot better than what it used to be. Its not like boron steel tough but their HPF thingny does it job when things go bad on the road. My friend brother survive a frontal offset crash with a Hilux (drunk driver )at abt 60-70kmh with not cut or bruises....well there is bruises but at the expected area where the seatbelt held the driver in place.

The Atos is from older generation thus it cant hold a candle against modern P1 and the latest Myvi. What i notice on most P2 is there are not enough metal support across the frontal area. Maybe their engineer will say there is no need for it as it serve no purpose as crash structure but for end user it adds up to the repair bill as everything behind the front bumper will be destroyed in a minor crash.

Now go bring your gf to shop for replacement for the Atos.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can we DIY the Viper alike voice module?

So when we open/lock our car, it ll got the "Viper armed" and "Viper dis-armed" sound.

Feel annoying & bored with the standard alarm sounds which are di di, du du, doink doink sound like that -_-lll

Any DIY expert can share how to DIY this? Since nowadays, Fake BOV sound oso can DIY oledi, i think this voice module will b more easy, right?:cool:

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience