2012 Camry or Optima K5

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Were you the same guy who asked this question in Lowyat? You do realise you'll get the same answers here right?

Go test drive both cars and see which one you like and buy that one.

- If you want resale value the Camry wins hands down.
- If you want more modern futuristic looks the K5 wins hands down.
- Both cars are loaded with tonnes of features and both cars are equally expensive.

Both cars ride and drive and make you feel like a million bucks (ok maybe not 1 mil. RM200,000 got la.) so ultimately it's only just your own preference.

Oh I have to point out something though, in terms of high theft rates, Camry tops out as one of the top 3 cars stolen in M'sia so be careful about that.

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
have u driven both of it? camry which spec u r comparing with?personally i had driven both 2.5 camry as well as K5(multiple of times)...
basically depend wat u wan, everything is mentioned by sifu izso, if u worried of resale value juz get the camry, if u dun mind den go for k5...:smokin:

mcliong1

Known Member
Jun 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
worth? Camry because resale value and quality.
better performance? Camry because better engine reliability, better FC.
better features? K5, if u test drive both, u will find it....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
if I follow what my heart tells me -take K5
if I follow what my brain tells me -take Camry

didie

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
So manufacturers should be alert of what consumers want. Here alone, proved that consumers want the styling and features of a K5, reliability, performance, value and quality of a Camry. U mix them both, thats a recipe of making both consumers and manufacturers happy for a mid-size luxury sedan below RM 200k. Simple. Haihh.

Aug 20, 2012
penang
2012 Camry or Optima k5? which really worth it to buy? better performance? better features?
K5 is all about style and looks! Just one drive and you know even the Proton Preve drives much better! It may have been designed by an ex-audi engineer but it do not drive like one at all! not our Malaysian K5 anyway!
The new 2012 Camry is a much better car to drive and is really no comparison. go and test drive.

mcliong1

Known Member
Jun 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
K5 is all about style and looks! Just one drive and you know even the Proton Preve drives much better! It may have been designed by an ex-audi engineer but it do not drive like one at all! not our Malaysian K5 anyway!
The new 2012 Camry is a much better car to drive and is really no comparison. go and test drive.
wow... really ar Proton Preve drives much better than K5. I not yet test both. Can u briefly give me example in both so when i got chance test drive both i will give extra attention to that aspect that u stated. Thanks

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
nahh, never crossed my mind.

i'm a very technical person, personally i'm not gonna spend my above hundred thousand RMs on a SOHC-engined car.

unless the new accord retain its 2.4cc DOHC engine, but i'd still get the mazda6 though.:smokin:
Yes Semangka, both of us are very OUT-OF-TOPIC already....

If you can post your Mazda-6 features, photos, and performance data, in another post we will be glad to read...

Kindly do so before the Camry or Optima enthusiasts come out BAMBOO us.....

hahaha.....:listen::rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifus..which car works better with gsr turbo?
if possible..can u guys post a few engine set-ups?as in eg:metal gasket..cam pulley..bla bla bla..for engines? thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience