2010 Suzuki Alto Clutch Problem

VTEC LoVeR

Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Dear all Sifu... 1 of my friend having his car broke down due to clutch cable break off in the middle of the way. After diagnose, found out the whole clutch set met its lifetime and now the problem is, this part is consider very rare in Penang side and need to order from Suzuki in KL for price ~RM1700!! Is it the price consider reasonable and where else can we source for the spare like chop shop? Help and advise needed here... :confused:

Cannot get after market parts? Exedy, Ogura etc......?

VTEC LoVeR

Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Cannot get after market parts? Exedy, Ogura etc......?
Already informed him regarding the after market price but my friend still want to stick on OEM parts... :hmmmm: RM1700++ not yet include labour charge... :banghead:

VTEC LoVeR

Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
make a day trip down to Jln Ipoh in KL to get the parts, im sure its much less than Rm1.7k.
Bro Danz, thanks for the info... he is now regret to buy Suzuki especially this model... LOL... racun him to buy a new car... :biggrin:

Year 2010 car model but clutch met its lifetime so soon in early 2015 or late 2014? That's a terrible reliability for a manual transmission. I think many old manual Proton cars have better reliability than this. RM1700 for the amount of a standard clutch kit replacement in a 1.0 litre compact car is ridiculous as well. :banghead:

VTEC LoVeR

Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Year 2010 car model but clutch met its lifetime so soon in early 2015 or late 2014? That's a terrible reliability for a manual transmission. I think many old manual Proton cars have better reliability than this. RM1700 for the amount of a standard clutch kit replacement in a 1.0 litre compact car is ridiculous as well. :banghead:
Yup, agree on that. My previous Wira SE changed with 1.6 clutch set + custom flywheel + all charges just cost me RM1k++ only. And it had been last long for ~7 years without any issue... :proud:

Already informed him regarding the after market price but my friend still want to stick on OEM parts... :hmmmm: RM1700++ not yet include labour charge... :banghead:
Original price sure will cost more. Like bro. Danz mentioned try getting them, even original from spare part shop can be cheaper also....:driver:

VTEC LoVeR

Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
just remember that the part # must be the same. don't end up buying another Suzuki model clutch set.
Yup, just now the pomen also buy in wrong part# if clutch cable for his car:confused:... will advise him to change pomen, macam tak boleh pi je...:mad:

Yup, agree on that. My previous Wira SE changed with 1.6 clutch set + custom flywheel + all charges just cost me RM1k++ only. And it had been last long for ~7 years without any issue... :proud:
My VR running on Exedy normal ones only and last 7 years too....:driver:

And the clutch for 1.6 should be larger than the one used in 1.0 Alto. Around 3 months ago, my Wira 1.5 changed a whole new clutch set (Exedy) that cost around RM400 plus. 200 plus for clutch set itself and the rest are for workmanship and also one new engine mounting near the gearbox.

From the way things are going, it seems like your friend will be discouraged to get a manual transmission car in the future because of this expensive repair cost... People who buy manual transmission cars are already quite rare nowadays. Cases like this will only make more people to stay away from them. :banghead:

VTEC LoVeR

Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
And the clutch for 1.6 should be larger than the one used in 1.0 Alto. Around 3 months ago, my Wira 1.5 changed a whole new clutch set (Exedy) that cost around RM400 plus. 200 plus for clutch set itself and the rest are for workmanship and also one new engine mounting near the gearbox.

From the way things are going, it seems like your friend will be discouraged to get a manual transmission car in the future because of this expensive repair cost... People who buy manual transmission cars are already quite rare nowadays. Cases like this will only make more people to stay away from them. :banghead:
In future, more and more ppl will be nood about MT, keke... he is on dilemma now - want to change clutch set or changing new car?? Recommended him to book the new facelift of MyVi... (wah, out of topic edy) :biggrin:

Maybe you can advice him to be less stubborn and try to use other clutch set instead of OEM ones. RM1700 is just too much for a car like Alto.

If Myvi 1.5 MT, it will be way more powerful than Alto, hehe. :biggrin:

Any good and reliable workshop for body knocking and perhaps painting in Subang and Sunway ????