2008 Honda S2000 CR (Club Racer)

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005

It's time to break your bank account: the world's best handling sports car just got better.

Making it's debut at the New York Auto Show, the S2000 CR features a higher level of track-worthiness and style to the original S2000 roadster.

"The S2000 CR is the closest thing you can get to a Honda-built race car with license plate holders and a horn," said John Mendel, executive vice president of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "Its features and equipment are designed to appeal to weekend club racing enthusiasts."

It is lighter, stiffer and more aerodynamic, giving it better chassis balance, feel and ultimately, improved track times. The CR comes from the factory with aggressive suspension settings, increased body and chassis rigidity, overall weight reduction, a huge rear wing for downforce and an aerodynamic body kit for reduced lift. The biggest change is the elimination of the convertible soft top in favor of an aluminum hardtop to save weight.

Handling improvements over the standard S2000 include a quicker steering ratio, Bridgestone Potenza RE070 tires, a wider rear tire size, firmer springs and dampers, larger stabilizer bars and a new wheel design in a dark gray color. Rigidity is increased by the addition of braces in the storage area previously occupied by the soft top.

The interior oozes performance. Aluminum shift knob, carbonfiber-style trim panels, low-slung semi bucket seats and that characteristic S2000 digital tachometer and speedometer. And, if that's not sporty enough, air-conditioning and radio are optional equipment!

However, the S2000 comes standard with 17-inches aluminum alloy wheels (more weight-savings here!), ABS and Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) which can be turned off at the touch of a button. The VSA basically enhances driver control during acceleration, braking and cornering.

Using a high-revving 2.2-litre 4-cylinder VTEC engine with 237hp@7,800rpm and 162lb-ft of torque@6,800rpm, coupled with a short-throw 6-speed manual transmission, the S2000CR aims to be a track-ready daily driven roaadster. The superb handling through front and rear double wishbones, torque-sensing LSD and perfect 50/50 weight distribution provides uncompromising performance at the tracks. The end result is a potent weapon that rivals cars with higher performance figures.

Now about that bank loan...

Source: Autoblog

Last edited:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
2.2 Vtec? I guess they wont be using the K-series engine.

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
s2000 never use K engine..
its F...
and i thot this one comes with the alluminium hardtop?or was that another version? hmmm

IvanHoe

May 20, 2006
i think the bumper can be changed as well as the rear spoiler(wing) too. BUt i think there must the certain height of the rear wing. If really wan to buy the car, i think the bank loan also not enough to pay the insurance and road tax and the maintanence fees for the car.

joe_mivec

Known Member
Jun 29, 2005
PENANG
awesome...how much is that? so sad no engine bay picture...2.2Vtec 237HP : very light weight body...good power to weight ratio....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

Just wanna ask whether the clips/camshaft holder shaped like U wan ..can it be used for any head..meaning let say i use 4g93T head and my friend also use the same head, can i swap the clips..will the camshaft get stuck or jammed?

thanks for your feedbacks..

speedz
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience