1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

Lan Dugong

Known Member

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Telok Panglima Garang, Selangor
Hi...its been 1 year plus since this topic last active. Interesting conversations regarding the voltage reading n ficd fitment for a 1jz.
My e46 1jz runs a 13.7v volt once the engine is hot. It wont go down even the aircon n both fans on, headlights on. When shifting to D, it drops to 13.3v. when brake pedal is released n the car starts to roll, it goes back to 13.7v. It wont go up even if i rev the engine or during a constant speed.
Everytime i start the engine, the voltage will be 14.4v and as the engine gers hotter, it will eventually go down and stops at 13.7v. I dont know whether it is operating normal or not for 1jz jzs171.
The alternator part no is denso 27060-46330. Dont know what amp rated is the alternator. Gonna get one spare alternator from chopshop for standby.
Also fitted one ficd after i bought the car back in march 2021 to control the idling when the aircon is switched on.

Lan D

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Hi...its been 1 year plus since this topic last active. Interesting conversations regarding the voltage reading n ficd fitment for a 1jz.
My e46 1jz runs a 13.7v volt once the engine is hot. It wont go down even the aircon n both fans on, headlights on. When shifting to D, it drops to 13.3v. when brake pedal is released n the car starts to roll, it goes back to 13.7v. It wont go up even if i rev the engine or during a constant speed.
Everytime i start the engine, the voltage will be 14.4v and as the engine gers hotter, it will eventually go down and stops at 13.7v. I dont know whether it is operating normal or not for 1jz jzs171.
The alternator part no is denso 27060-46330. Dont know what amp rated is the alternator. Gonna get one spare alternator from chopshop for standby.
Also fitted one ficd after i bought the car back in march 2021 to control the idling when the aircon is switched on.

Lan D
13.7v when moving is still good figure. Mine behave slightly better, 14.4vv when warming up, 13.7 after warmed up, 14.1v when moving. I have voltage amplifier installed (cap China, but it works) and FICD. I should have installed larger FICD for better idle control, but wait till next time lar. I am busy with my BOT Lancer.

Lan Dugong

Known Member

Lan Dugong

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Telok Panglima Garang, Selangor
13.7v when moving is still good figure. Mine behave slightly better, 14.4vv when warming up, 13.7 after warmed up, 14.1v when moving. I have voltage amplifier installed (cap China, but it works) and FICD. I should have installed larger FICD for better idle control, but wait till next time lar. I am busy with my BOT Lancer.
Please share the link to buy the voltage amplifier. I hope u dont mind. But I'd like to use one. Please inbox me the link. Thanks.
BOT lancer 4b11? Nice project. My eldest son is driving an inspira, June last year he converted his inspira to 4b11t with a 2.0 manual gearbox.

Reactions: Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Please share the link to buy the voltage amplifier. I hope u dont mind. But I'd like to use one. Please inbox me the link. Thanks.
BOT lancer 4b11? Nice project. My eldest son is driving an inspira, June last year he converted his inspira to 4b11t with a 2.0 manual gearbox.
Have you thought about going to a standalone ecu? A good tuner and ecu would be able to handle all that.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We specialize in a wide range of products such as Car Audio,laptops,mobile phones, plasma & lcd tv, mp3 & mp4 players,video games console, digital cameras, dvd players (Etc) at cheaper & affordable prices.

AUDIOCAR EQUIPMENT LIMITED strive to offer high-quality products at competitive prices.

All of our products are brand new, never used, never rebuilt.We maintain multiple-supplier sources for our products as a means of being able to continually offer the best products at the best...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience