1,400hp drag Camaro would eat Bumblebee for breakfast

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Power is relative, at least for petrol heads, and warp speed just doesn’t cut it for some. The Canadian owner of this Chevy Camaro probably wouldn’t fall into that category either, he needs one just for himself and all the raging 1,400 horses he has under the hood of his car.

Sitting up front in the engine bay is a 6-liter LSX V8 with a 91mm custom Turbonetics turbocharger attached to it. A comprehensive list of supporting mods that each start with the word ‘custom’ ensures that the 1,400hp is complemented with 1,219Nm of torque.

The compressed air is fed into the engine via a custom intake manifold but not before being cooled through a six-inch intercooler. Excess air is let out through a five-inch downpipe that would probably make Bumblebee wet himself.

Of course, the unibody was strengthened to handle all that power with a TCI 4L80E transmission getting all that power to the rear wheels. A QA1 coilover set keeps the corners planted and a six-pot Baer braking system clamps onto 355mm rotors to reign in the beast.

Now light would be the name of the game but instead of a stripped racing interior, this Camaro features a red-Italian leather wrapped interior with a Pioneer audio system that we would guess is pretty useless to have with a downpipe like this car has. Just in case the sound system can’t overcome the exhaust noise, there’s a Mac Mini with WiFi connectivity to keep the driver entertained.

The final cost for this is a whopping $320,000 and it took 3,800 man hours to complete it. The only thing more heartbreaking than the price and effort put into it is the fact that this Camaro would probably never taste the asphalt of a drag strip.

source: WorldCarFans

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
only the turnout was this car act as fulltime showcar only...

MaRvyn

Known Member
Nov 9, 2007
www.vixiousworks.com
1400hp and only sit in the front of the window for photo photo only? What a wussy car... :hmmmm:

old_skool

Feb 14, 2009
wat a waste of power..a whopping 1400hp and will never be able to use da power..anyways,really nice car..juz look at the size of the intercooler..damn!

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
just a showcar...cant walk the talk....prefer that UK guy who made the 2second car....which he uses on a daily basis to SEND HIS KIDS TO SCHOOL!

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
1400hp drag machine? 1000+nm torque via 2wd? for 400m drag, i'll put my money on 900+hp japanese 4wd machine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as title.. my car start to jerk after the service... i found out tat the mechanic do overfill some engine oil... white smoke.. smell bad n car jerking.. izit the effect due to engine oil overfill?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience