DIY Honda ECU Repairs- P30 P08 P27

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Hi guys...
Last weekend manage to repair another ecu..P30.
Opening the cover, it was found the big cap C27 had leaked and caused a short, and
burning a sall hole in the pcb...
Better change yours if you drive a civic eg or ek.... TQ

P/s If you appreciate the write up pls ":five:me..

Attachments

Last edited:

slackernel

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
E-Tech, how about P08, which capacitor or anything else need to replace to avoid any future failure? Thanks...

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
E-Tech, how about P08, which capacitor or anything else need to replace to avoid any future failure? Thanks...
Bro,
P08(single cam vtec) same like P30, as old also.
Cap are same, (same boards design like P30.)
Pls send for service...or pray hard hard... TQ

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

VERY GOOD LESSON FROM U BRO...E TECH...TQ :nurse:
Peng,

Welcome....

Last edited:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Bro E-TEch, u should put this up in your upcoming blog... very good info/diy steps.

The ecaps are dreadful components. once the electrolytes evaporated, BANG! it goes. And normally carry out some other parts with them. Real devil, them caps. You also did a good job on repairing the burnt copper tracks.

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Say, just curious, how much are u charging for repairing them ECUs? If my ECU kong, can i send to u? hehe.. can get discount or not?

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Don...
Thanks...:wavey:

Depend lah...normally RM50~250.. (all parts replaced are new components)
Max is half da price of a ecu...

If your kaput...i will just send directions and components for you to DIY and document it..:biggrin:

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Don...
Thanks...:wavey:

Depend lah...normally RM50~250.. (all parts replaced are new components)
Max is half da price of a ecu...

If your kaput...i will just send directions and components for you to DIY and document it..:biggrin:
hehe.... not bad la.. if max is half the price of ecu... if im lazy to diy, then still can send to u right? :biggrin:

Jun 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi e-tech..newbie here..

my car (eg 8 soch vtech d15b engine ecu p08) suddenly get jerky at low rpm last week. then my foremen found out that the source of the problem was ecu and he was right because when i opened ecu box, there are a lot of black burning spot. so i bought new 2 nd hand ecu. no more jerky but the car many times drop the gear by itself from D4 to N. i need to slow down and shift back to N and d4 again then the car start moving again. futhermore the aircond not working. after few days, i smell something burned...when i opened the ecu box,,bang bang my new ecu burnt again but not severed like previous ecu. and the jerky episode start again.

so before i take the next step can advice what should i do ??? i suspect my car got problem with wiring. i just replaced the engine last year. thanks.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Bro... if you can email me some good picture of the inside then i can advise u better...
PM me...

First ecu.... capacitors leak and caused problem.
Second ecu....before use did you check the inside? Just your bad luck that u got a "soon to spoilt" ecu...

Might not be related to wiring... anyway better to check it out also.

So send the ecus for repair and test out again..... TQ

Jun 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks e-tech. i will send the picture to you by email. i hope u can offer me some advice and option. the 1 st ecu got many black spot and one of the connecter pin also burned.

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
sir I have the same problem, can you help on where to place 220uf 35V caps, I cannot trace where is the positive and negative. my ecu is po8 and p30.

by the way the car starts without the 220uf 35V caps. with cel

Last edited:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
sir I have the same problem, can you help on where to place 220uf 35V caps, I cannot trace where is the positive and negative. my ecu is po8 and p30.

by the way the car starts without the 220uf 35V caps. with cel

Positive is towards the connector side

ryand

Dec 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Positive is towards the connector side
yes, but the copper trace is damage, the positive side of the caps what component is it connected. and also the negative side.

at the solder side of the board, i notice that there is no connection, I am i correct?this is for the P08 jdm ecu.

I have repaired a my p27 ecu based on the attached pics you have on this thread, it really helped. the difference it that the P27 ecu have connection on the solder side of the board so i just jumper it.

I dont see it on the P08 ecu so I need to trace it on the component side of the board. the problem is im not 100% where the terminals of the caps leads to. i just have a 80W soldering iron and a pump. no magnifying device.

if you can help me with the schematic where the caps lead to what components I will be able to make the connection. I would really appreciate it. sorry I do not have pics of the board.

all the best!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just to share with fellow members that shall you ever come to this part of town please becareful not to leave your car unattended as my car was broken into at 11am and i found out an hour later. Car is equipped with 6mil security tint and armed with clifford G5 which is also hooked to my horn. So sad to say that the dumb ass security didnt even know and denial hearing my alarm. The best part is the cleaners who were working at the floor above heard my alarm rang.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience