Aftermarket Suspension Experience

Mar 21, 2008
Plz share what type of suspension you are using and hows the pro's n con's

I'll start, I am using TEIN HA series now, just installed last nite. The TEIN coils are superb, even though i bought it used from a friend (aged 3yrs), the coil have NEVER soften or loose it's rigidy. About the soft/hard adjustment, I am amazed that, with the softest setting, is already the best for road driving. Once fastened to the max, it is as stiff as track setting.

Is a wonderful fully adjustable suspension, setting I should say.

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive

Banned
Mar 21, 2008
nobody plays handling kah ? :smokin:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
I'm using HWL H/L...for roughly 8 months..the quality fitted the price as well...so far no problem yet..*touch wood*

the solid of the spring suit street racing style...but if for comfortable wise, for me i can stand it, all my frens comment are most likely (waa ass pain wehh..)...for handling wise, yeah baby!

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
u can ask jin to comment on this....hehehehe...have u heard of a guy driving around on a race
set-up suspension on the street?his front spring rate is 22kg/mm if i'm not mistaken.for me that's
torturing ....hahaha:driver:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Previously using D2 racing, superb cornering but it's turned my ride into road frog, i can only drive it at 60km/h to have a more comfortable ride, surprisingly, it's very comfortable and extra load around 250kg at back. Now using hotbits silver, too soft... a bit diasppointed but no compromise of handling and comfort mah... so be it...

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive

Banned
Mar 21, 2008
okay, good good :)

anyway before this, i am using HWL hi-lo street tune. but after using about 6 months, the absorbers tends to softened, making the handling not as nice as before, i canot lower my car more for better low-g coz the car will bounce like jelly. at that state, only solution is increase ride height (indirectly compressing the spring to make rebounce rate higher, so i used 17" rims with better rubbers)

I havent tried customized HWL's but i heard they are good for competition, but hands down after using TEIN HA, felt like into another level of performance, currently lowered 4 inch above the ground with amazing grip and very good braking response. i am using the softest rebound rate on the abs and its oredy good enough. i did tried set to hardest (coz curious), it was rock hard and too scary to drive on msian roads, haha

hands down, i never regret buying TEIN, great stuff.......

perhaps some other titan or koni users have better feedbacks, please do share :driver:

Bump:
I'm using HWL H/L...for roughly 8 months..the quality fitted the price as well...so far no problem yet..*touch wood*

the solid of the spring suit street racing style...but if for comfortable wise, for me i can stand it, all my frens comment are most likely (waa ass pain wehh..)...for handling wise, yeah baby!
you are not alone, haha (my gf sometimes ask me, why my car like lorry)

LoL

koie587

1,000 RPM
Dec 6, 2007
im using TEIN SS...superb in cornering but got a "KLOK" sound when driving in bumpy road & lobang² road...:confused:

who knows the solution?...:itsme:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Front GAB 200/50 and Hot Bit at rear. Significant reduce body roll but have to pay on comfort.:banghead:

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive

Banned
Mar 21, 2008
just 4 inches off the ground?
yes, and gap between muffler n ground is 3inch. car is lowered like EG9, slightly lower than stock wira.....now climbing out of the car loses some dignity (need to crawl....LoL)

still using the ciplak myvi rims with stupid astar tyre, corner still screecthing like mad, but controllable......hope a buyer quickly take away the rims, and i can replace with rp01 + michelin

Bump:
Front GAB 200/50 and Hot Bit at rear. Significant reduce body roll but have to pay on comfort.:banghead:
I have no offence about GAB, but i feel GAB and HWL are same, their abs tends to soften after some time (coz they are all manufactured by Top-Perfect Sg.Buloh) Once they soften, u get back some comfort lor :)

Last edited:

eci4ever

Known Member
Dec 7, 2007
I'm also using Tein HA front n rear, this adj. is superb...
I feel like my engine is getting lighter when using this adj.

before this i'm always have nightmare when cornering
my previous suspension is Tokico Edusa from japan with 5 level of soft hard.
It's good but not in bouncing n cornering street.

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive

Banned
Mar 21, 2008
engine lighter coz less movement on the suspension, and also braking is really superb, u can feel all the grip of the tyre n take the car into corner n highspeed with confidence :driver:

wira3319

Known Member
Feb 22, 2007
Last time i'm using cusco adjustable suspension taken from evo3 halfcut, superb in cornering handling especilally you run at 120kmh. too bumping when hit the damage road. aware of yellow line, it makes my dashboard like to fall..using it at 3 months only..hehe..now i'm using Tokico absr with gab coil, comfort but too lowered sometimes the tire hit my fender..hehe..:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

I've heard several stories of shops charging customers for doing balancing off wheel and then charging them again for doing off wheel balancing. Please be careful and take note:

For example: If a shop takes your tyre out and balances it, charges RM5 and then put it back on your car.... drives your car and then finds it's still out of balance and then he chooses to do an 'on wheel' balancing and charges you RM30 he SHOULD NOT charge you the other RM5 earlier simply because he was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience