Rm8k Wira & Jazz GK5 ownership experience-A long way to go

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Is quite some time I haven't came back. Juz a quick update my wira was gone(kena hit on rear,total lost)
But still I will update my other car(Jazz GK5) experience at here also to discuss and share about. If there is any question about Wira also can post here since a lot of sifu might can help you out?

Juz a info for my Jazz:
Honda Jazz GK5 2014 V spec
bought is 2nd hand for 60k on 2018

Current Mod:
Matola Header & B pipe resonator
Max racing s flow with custom pipe( Custom for pnp purpose)
K20 coil plug
55mm throttle body
Ftuned spring
Kyb rs ultra absorber
16inch Lenso Project D

Future Planning mod:
Custom stainless steel B pipe
Max racing intake & BMC drop in
Ece remap(after finish the above only consider remap)
paddle shift & cruise control function & upgrade meter( can see gear chg while using paddle shift & cruise function)
Custom camshaft by kc auto workshop(include head port n polish)

Yup,is quite a long list. But still there is never a finish project car. Hahahahahaha

Last edited:
Reactions: minibeany

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Jazz Update

As I am going to chg my tyre.
I am lucky to find a set of Lenso Project D rim 16 7j . The rim I was finding quite some time. I was bored by those te37,se37,ce28,ze40(no offense )design and I want some design that can pop up. The Lenso Project D came up to my sight. This is not a flow form those kind of rim,juz a monoblock rim.
Will monitor the fuel consumption from 15 to 16 since I am going to balik kampung on CNY

Attachments

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Jazz Update

As I am going to chg my tyre.
I am lucky to find a set of Lenso Project D rim 16 7j . The rim I was finding quite some time. I was bored by those te37,se37,ce28,ze40(no offense )design and I want some design that can pop up. The Lenso Project D came up to my sight. This is not a flow form those kind of rim,juz a monoblock rim.
Will monitor the fuel consumption from 15 to 16 since I am going to balik kampung on CNY
Nice and rare rims. Also have not seen this tyre brand before.... :driver:
If upgrade from 195/55R15 to 195/50R16, only 1% difference. Using same tyre width should not alter much on most aspects.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Nice and rare rims. Also have not seen this tyre brand before.... :driver:
If upgrade from 195/55R15 to 195/50R16, only 1% difference. Using same tyre width should not alter much on most aspects.

Thx,I really like the rim. Is like the feeling I had found the missing puzzle for my car. Hahahahahaha
These are Joyride Sport rx6 juz a normal tyre will chg to Advan fleva V701 or UC7 in future.
I am still finding the wheelcap for these rim not sure those universal type can fit or not

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Jazz update.

Does any sifu know when they car at low speed traffic jam, I press the fuel paddle and I felt abit jerky (I know cvt tend to be jerky at low speed)
But the jerky I feel is abit more then usual. It was like the feeling chok chok feel like it wanna go but dun wanna go in the same time and you see the rpm is up down abit. But when press the paddle hard abit (40%) or going around 60km/h the feeling was gone. All is smooth. Few day ago I had send my car to chg cvt oil and I bring out the issue. The boss also hlp me check,after checking he say might be the steel belt is loosen due to my mileage is quite high (120k km+)
He suggest me to chg the oil 1st after that observe for some time. If the thing still happen he sugget me to overhaul the gearbox. Cost is around rm3k+ depend on the condition.

Anyone know the price for overhaul a Jazz cvt? I also tempted to swap to a 5 speed manual if the price is near to overhaul the cvt. Miss manual and miss my wira

Reactions: minibeany

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Jazz update.

Does any sifu know when they car at low speed traffic jam, I press the fuel paddle and I felt abit jerky (I know cvt tend to be jerky at low speed)
But the jerky I feel is abit more then usual. It was like the feeling chok chok feel like it wanna go but dun wanna go in the same time and you see the rpm is up down abit. But when press the paddle hard abit (40%) or going around 60km/h the feeling was gone. All is smooth. Few day ago I had send my car to chg cvt oil and I bring out the issue. The boss also hlp me check,after checking he say might be the steel belt is loosen due to my mileage is quite high (120k km+)
He suggest me to chg the oil 1st after that observe for some time. If the thing still happen he sugget me to overhaul the gearbox. Cost is around rm3k+ depend on the condition.

Anyone know the price for overhaul a Jazz cvt? I also tempted to swap to a 5 speed manual if the price is near to overhaul the cvt. Miss manual and miss my wira
120k km is still low and its not like yours is using the famous Punch CVT and handling lots of power.
You mention it happened after cvt fluid change, did the correct fluid grade is used?

If not then go for the correct grade and nothing else.

If yes, then have a 2nd opinion. Yours is running torque converter right? With Proton CVT which is clutch base, there is some setting can be done in the TCU to minimise/eliminate the low speed jerk. Even an RM300 obd scanner can do the setting. Yours could be the same.

I doubt your GB is failing as i know a Preve owner GB which kaput at 250k km with agressive driving and regular maintenance. 120k km is premature for Honda GB.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
120k km is still low and its not like yours is using the famous Punch CVT and handling lots of power.
You mention it happened after cvt fluid change, did the correct fluid grade is used?

If not then go for the correct grade and nothing else.

If yes, then have a 2nd opinion. Yours is running torque converter right? With Proton CVT which is clutch base, there is some setting can be done in the TCU to minimise/eliminate the low speed jerk. Even an RM300 obd scanner can do the setting. Yours could be the same.

I doubt your GB is failing as i know a Preve owner GB which kaput at 250k km with agressive driving and regular maintenance. 120k km is premature for Honda GB.
mine is cvt.I am using HCF2 as factory. The boss also cabut obd to scan my car didn’t have any issue. Will go to another workshop and check to confirm the issue.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
And another issue I forgot to mention
When I was accelerate at low speed the rpm suddenly drop down and rise back
from 2000 rpm sudden drop to 1500 rpm and jump back to 2000 rpm. This happen when I was on trafice jam.
If normal driving didn't have such issue. Is this cause by spark plug? Causing the chok chok feel I felt on the jam?

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Jazz update

Send my car to my friend recommend shop for checking. After telling the issue to the boss & also tell him might be the spark plug issue. The boss also suspects the spark plug issue so he go and open out to check the spark plug and wallah is the plug issue. 2 of the plug is rosak. Replace a set of new spark plug and the chok chok feel is gone.

Attachments

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
ello!!! long time no lurk in zth, those rims suit ur car really well

grounding cables, u nak can do lor, not a very expensive item but on such a new car i hardly expect a change

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
ello!!! long time no lurk in zth, those rims suit ur car really well

grounding cables, u nak can do lor, not a very expensive item but on such a new car i hardly expect a change
Long time no see. Thx!!!
The reason I want to install grounding cable is due to I had change my coil pack to K20 coil pack. So the boss suggest me to install one make it more smoother.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Long time no see. Thx!!!
The reason I want to install grounding cable is due to I had change my coil pack to K20 coil pack. So the boss suggest me to install one make it more smoother.
Nah, not really. Your car is relatively new and i bet the original grounding is still in excellent working condition.

All my ride had grounding cables and it only made a difference (a lot) on my old Pajero and my 1.8 Waja. No difference with the BLM. The pajero start with just 1 crank and engine revs smoother. The waja was having issue where it was unable to start and turns out was due to bad grounding. Pajero is using cheapo grounding cable while the waja is using welding cable.

Why welding cable?
When i am angry, i tend to overkill.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’ve seen Nissan engineers testing cars at famous race tracks such as the Nurburgring and Laguna Seca but that doesn’t mean they’ve stopped using their own private circuits. It seems testing behind the doors at Nissan has become so busy that a fifth test track was required. A new circuit at Oppama, Japan, has now been opened at a cost of €16.2 million.

The Oppama course stretches four kilometers in total...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience