Mazda Astina 323 Carburetor Modification

Oct 3, 2022
Hi sifu2,new to car stuff, I just bought an astina 323 1.6 SOHC carburetor (88 hp), I feel the acceleration is a bit slow, someone recommended me to swap to a twin carburetor, how much performance will it increases?Tq (currently on budget so cant swap engine to B8 180) Is there any modification to increase the acceleration on budget?(between a few hundreds)

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hi sifu2,new to car stuff, I just bought an astina 323 1.6 SOHC carburetor (88 hp), I feel the acceleration is a bit slow, someone recommended me to swap to a twin carburetor, how much performance will it increases?Tq (currently on budget so cant swap engine to B8 180) Is there any modification to increase the acceleration on budget?(between a few hundreds)
I doubt u can get anything done for few hundreds.
Carb cost will vary according to demand then getting the right guy to install it is another challenge.

Any mod?
My advice is get the car properly serviced. When i first got my Pajero long2 time ago what i did was;
1.all fluid change.
2.spark plugs
3.carb spray ( this has significant result ). Dont be shy, finish the whole can.
4.change the fuel filter amd ac pump
5.spark plugs
6.tune the ignition timing according to my requirement. Std setting is 7-12 BTDC and even if its off by few BTDC, the drop or improve in engine operation is huge.
7.grounding.

Can all the above be done using few hundreds? I dont think so but all the above can be DIY so u can do it yourself at your own time as its not like thats your only ride and its not working.

If u really want to pick then i suggest carb spray, fuel filter, tune the ignition, spark plugs. Should be well below RM200.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
To go faster or have more power you will need more displacement, either bigger engine or more fuel feed......
Probably like what bro. gunnerzz mentioned, give it a good maintenance tune first. If could be clogged and dirty and might free up some power.....

Kylz

Oct 3, 2022
Yea I got the car serviced already, only left on the list is carb spray, ignition timing and grounding. I think I can do the carb spray myself but not sure about the ignition timing thing haha, I watched videos on youtube and it looks complicated, I think it is also the same with grounding. Anyway thanks all for the advice.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Yea I got the car serviced already, only left on the list is carb spray, ignition timing and grounding. I think I can do the carb spray myself but not sure about the ignition timing thing haha, I watched videos on youtube and it looks complicated, I think it is also the same with grounding. Anyway thanks all for the advice.
Setting the ignition timing should be easy..at least from my experience. In my case all i need are the factory spec, a warm up engine, timing light (i think i still got it somewhere in the store at my parents house), and something to block off one vaccum line to the distributor.

If i were to list the detailed steps it will be seen as complicated. Most mech just adjust the ignition timing by ear...i am not looking down at their experience but again from experience, it could be off by 5 degree from recommended spec which is a lot.

Grounding is still easy and simple. Just remember to buy a decent set of cables. Dont buy the HKS copy that are sold below RM30 as its rubbish at the cable lugs.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

UMW Toyota Motor has just announced that they have begun taking orders for the all new Toyota Camry as of 2nd April (today) 2012 onwards.

<!--more-->Below is the summary of the estimated On-The Road price (OTR) and colours that are available for the all new Toyota Camry variants...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience