Fuel for Old/Vintage Car

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes lets all hold hands, sing kumbaya around the campfire, and spend extra money on RON97 . Boy you guys and gals are one convincing bunch !
Ha, ha, My oh my, Shell, the worst petrol ever. VR runs on Petron Ron 95, tried BHP Ron 95 also ok. Once switch to Shell Ron 95, immediately feel lost of power, after 3 tanks, VR will cough, RPM cannot go above 4k rpm. Initially thought plugs, change also like that, then pump back Petron, engine purr again. At one time tried shell Ron 97, can run but below the power of Petron Ron 95, and with Ron 97 at current price can forget it, just use Petron Ron 95 so much better.......lol

sasatan

Feb 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Ever since shell has made an improvement for their ron97 v-power, I didn't use any other petrol anymore. I find that it's so good to take care of the cars engine because it has that Dynaflex formulation.
i used v-power before but didnt feel any difference on my engine.

sasatan

Feb 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Well actually if you ask me i would say the way the car is used also affects. For example, how you drive the car, the way you maintain the car like how often you send your car in for service and also choosing the right petrol for your car.
how to know if the petrol is right for our car?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Yes lets all hold hands, sing kumbaya around the campfire, and spend extra money on RON97 . Boy you guys and gals are one convincing bunch !
Can anyone explain to me how it works?
I really want to know how 'talking to myself' earns me money. At least i can make money while filling up my free time.

I doubt Shell (or whatever petrol brand mentioned after this) come up with this themselves, if they did then its just lame.I really wonder which advert company got the job. I really wonder how they presented this idea when fighting for the job. Is it paid according to number of post in a forum? I wonder if they printed or screenshot this thread as a proof that job is completed in order to issue an invoice.I also want to meet the person whom is responsible for these post and strategy....i really want to sit with the person and understand the logic behind this strategy but i the meet can last 5 minutes as i will start to worry for my personal safety when the person start to talk to himself/herself.

• Haha
Reactions: vr2turbo

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Ha, ha, My oh my, Shell, the worst petrol ever. VR runs on Petron Ron 95, tried BHP Ron 95 also ok. Once switch to Shell Ron 95, immediately feel lost of power, after 3 tanks, VR will cough, RPM cannot go above 4k rpm. Initially thought plugs, change also like that, then pump back Petron, engine purr again. At one time tried shell Ron 97, can run but below the power of Petron Ron 95, and with Ron 97 at current price can forget it, just use Petron Ron 95 so much better.......lol
Hav u tried Petronas Ron95 after they claim they improved the formula?
I did and i must say there is improvement. Now i am mainly on Caltex as its along my route to work. Petron also got but the station along my route is too small thus always need to que. The 2nd station is slightly further and will cost me more as its closer to a Mr Diy and we all know a quick pit stop there is wallet damaging esp when you bring your family along.

Which one best for me now?
BHP but their station is far away.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I did and i must say there is improvement. Now i am mainly on Caltex as its along my route to work. Petron also got but the station along my route is too small thus always need to que. The 2nd station is slightly further and will cost me more as its closer to a Mr Diy and we all know a quick pit stop there is wallet damaging esp when you bring your family along.

Petronas for me is much further, in New Town where I am in PJ Old town. For me Petron have 2 stations which are nearest to my place. BHP closest but in high traffic area and the route is mostly one way. Go there is near by need to take long way to reach U turn to come back. Caltex is 3rd nearest but have not tried. Stick to Petron for the non expiry points too,.....lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

BHP for extra miles
caltex, petronas, petron no problem too.
Shell pls improved ur ron95...not only my wira lack of powah, even my colleagues, factory rempit motorcycles also complain ... particular shell Sg Dua highway or maybe other shell too

as i like bhp but 3 times the gun won't pop when tank full. BUT never happened to my wife. Same location.
temporary i avoid pump at that particular bhp. sial lah...

Last edited:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
out of curiosity about petrol gun.
any idea to avoid tank overfill ? i really fobia ... now i always standby and hear the sound.
i usually set at first click low flowrate , is it not enough pressure to kick back the gun when tank full ?

OR really bad luck I assumed. lol...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
BHP for extra miles
Shell pls improved ur ron95...not only my wira lack of powah, even my colleagues, factory rempit motorcycles also complain ... particular shell Sg Dua highway or maybe other shell too

as i like bhp but 3 times the gun won't pop when tank full. BUT never happened to my wife. Same location.
All shell loh, unless is one adulterated station mixing stuff in. I pump from different shell stations also same. Even the video that guy posted on Ron test using a metered device, shell had the lowest Ron rating......lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
out of curiosity about petrol gun.
any idea to avoid tank overfill ? i really fobia ... now i always standby and hear the sound.
i usually set at first click low flowrate , is it not enough pressure to kick back the gun when tank full ?

OR really bad luck I assumed. lol...
Same station can try another pump. As for pumping, I manually hold the level, never on the clip setting....

Han_neversolo

Aug 10, 2018
BHP for extra miles

That is weird, I never had pump issue at any BHP station that I went to so far (hope I won't jinx it). Perhaps you can inform their staff about the issue and tell them to change it? Perhaps their sensor rosak.

And I do agree with others that Shell RON95 is not good. I usually pump BHP or Petronas. There was once I pump Shell and I can feel that my engine lacks power. It feels heavy to pick up some speed. Had to endure that miserable 1 week to burn off all the fuel.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is weird, I never had pump issue at any BHP station that I went to so far (hope I won't jinx it). Perhaps you can inform their staff about the issue and tell them to change it? Perhaps their sensor rosak.

And I do agree with others that Shell RON95 is not good. I usually pump BHP or Petronas. There was once I pump Shell and I can feel that my engine lacks power. It feels heavy to pick up some speed. Had to endure that miserable 1 week to burn off all the fuel.
Wah, you can endure some more. That time, I went home drain out and pour into my NA car, and refilled with Petron for my VR......lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all sifu and member,

i have vios 2011 model that is with ori exhausr stock, now i plan to modified the exhaust with low noise and pickup and end energier more better for fc, so what is agak agak price and ok lah the material piping as my budjet not more that rm800, plan change ori stock i think is 4-2-1 one
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience