Launched: 2022 Honda Civic RS now in Malaysia | 182ps 1.5L VTEC Turbo

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Honda's new Civic arrives Malaysia and is now unified with 1 engine choice, the thrusty 1.5L VTEC Turbo 4 cylinder, spanning across all 3 variants, which also sees an increase of 8ps to 182ps and 20nm up in torque.

182ps / 240nm / 1.5L VTEC Turbo 4cyl / 7 speed CVT / E RM125,634 / V RM138,043 / RS RM144,350

This 11th-gen body, named the FE has grown a bit larger than its predecessor too at 4,678mm long (+30mm) 1,802mm wide (+3mm) 1,415mm tall (-1mm) and a wheelbase of 2,733mm (+33mm) which in fact did seem noticeably bigger in real life. The new body is even more rigid and is tuned for better ride and handling.

There's an updated CVT transmission as well, has 7 speed and will feature paddle shifters on the V and RS variants, along with Eco, Normal and Sport which also alters the CVT's characteristics, apart from ecu mapping. This transmission is said to have been tuned for better performance via vigorous testing in the UK, US, and promises improved responsiveness.

The silhouette of its previous FC gen predecessor has been completely eradicated with the new FE's much bolder, muscular physique. The sharp lines, crab claw tailights and wing face have all been replaced for a cleaner, more grown up look. The bonnet now seem longer as well, as the A pillars have receded by 50mm, further upping its perceived status.

Civic RS:
- Darkened LED headlights
- Gloss black rear spoiler
- Twin tailpipes and
- Gloss Black mirrors, door handles, shark fin antenna and general accents.
- 18" Y-spoke matte black wheels
- Honda Sensing
- Alloy pedals
- Black headliner
- Footwell lighting
- Ambient lighting in door trims
- Leather upholstery + suede and red stitching
- 9" touchscreen display + wireless CarPlay
- 8 speaker sound system
- Keyless entry + remote start
- Push button start
- 7" digital instrument cluster
- Reverse camera
- Windshield washer with integrated washers

Civic V
- Led headlights
- 17" 2 tone wheels
- Honda Sensing
- 9" touchscreen display + wireless CarPlay
- 8 speaker sound system
- Push button start
- Reverse camera

Civic E
- LED headlights
- 16" wheels
- Honda Sensing
- 7" touchscreen display + Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 4 speaker sound system
- Push button start
- Reverse camera

Attachments

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I thought RS supposed to be the most minimalist, raw, and lightest spec to maximise performance.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I thought RS supposed to be the most minimalist, raw, and lightest spec to maximise performance.
Yeah so for Honda, RS means Road Sailing, sounds far from being performance oriented, unlike the more commonly known Porsche RS for RennSport. For that they have the Type R

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear All,

im driving as the car on my signature. i shall need to do a full car wiring as my current wirings are all condem. wiring should include custom fuse and relay box as my original has been cut in half and able to connect to my car after-market ECU Microtec ECU. i need a rough cost that i need to fork out to do this replacement. Im afraid of cases like people quote me RM5k for wiring and after car is done they plus more hidden charges that will cost me RM15k.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience