Altis rear disc brake to vios ncp93

darisiman

Jun 8, 2021
hi all sifus,
want to ask anybody had experienced installing this type of brakes to toyota vios ncp93 ... i found difficulty on parking brakes since this brake system is 2 in 1... parking brake use brake shoe and pedal brake use disc...the handbrake not so grip,can use only when straight line, will slip or dont feel anything when park at slope...currently i do adjust cable inside and outside...pls advice all

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hi all sifus,
want to ask anybody had experienced installing this type of brakes to toyota vios ncp93 ... i found difficulty on parking brakes since this brake system is 2 in 1... parking brake use brake shoe and pedal brake use disc...the handbrake not so grip,can use only when straight line, will slip or dont feel anything when park at slope...currently i do adjust cable inside and outside...pls advice all
Usually for drum brakes, after adjusting from cable and does no bite, you need to do adjustment from the drum itself. But first release from the cable side, do the adjustment at the drum brakes, then fine tune by adjusting the cable side...

picture as example only......

1623256108591.png

darisiman

Jun 8, 2021
Usually for drum brakes, after adjusting from cable and does no bite, you need to do adjustment from the drum itself. But first release from the cable side, do the adjustment at the drum brakes, then fine tune by adjusting the cable side...

picture as example only......

View attachment 580298
yup..did the adjust exactly as your advise...handbrakes inside already tight as well...what i can see is when u jack up rear tyre and do the hand spin it will stop when handbrake pull...but if u force the tyre by hand to spin than it can spin...is it due to the cable or anything ??

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yup..did the adjust exactly as your advise...handbrakes inside already tight as well...what i can see is when u jack up rear tyre and do the hand spin it will stop when handbrake pull...but if u force the tyre by hand to spin than it can spin...is it due to the cable or anything ??
Then you need to open up and check the brake lining for wear, and clean up since it is open.....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
forgot to mention bro...brake shoe and pad change to new already during installation
Oh, then need send to mechanic to check. If adjustment all done properly need to check if the brake lining is moving according to the pull of the hand brakes

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
what do u mean by 'handbrakes inside already tight'?

Seems like u dont have enough force to secure the shoe to the inner drum. If all nuts and bolts are properly secured then i think its like what Vr2 said. One side (either at the handbrake or drum) is adjusted to the max causing the shoe not being able to secure properly on the drums when handbrake is applied.

Its like bicycle gear change mechanism. Fine tune is done at the gear lever at the handle and major tune at the gear changing mechanism itself. However both position must be 'neutral' or at its ideal position before any adjustment is made to avoid maxxing out at one end.

darisiman

Jun 8, 2021
what do u mean by 'handbrakes inside already tight'?

Seems like u dont have enough force to secure the shoe to the inner drum. If all nuts and bolts are properly secured then i think its like what Vr2 said. One side (either at the handbrake or drum) is adjusted to the max causing the shoe not being able to secure properly on the drums when handbrake is applied.

Its like bicycle gear change mechanism. Fine tune is done at the gear lever at the handle and major tune at the gear changing mechanism itself. However both position must be 'neutral' or at its ideal position before any adjustment is made to avoid maxxing out at one end.
already adjust at the drum by adjusting the level till make small screech sound then after that secure at the handle...when tyre in jack up position it will stop by one click at the handle but can turn by hand, same goes to 2 or 3 clicks up, can turn if we force by hand harder...any possibilities on cable ?? because i using same cable..if i look by diameter original drum diameter bigger than disc.

darisiman

Jun 8, 2021
Oh, then need send to mechanic to check. If adjustment all done properly need to check if the brake lining is moving according to the pull of the hand brakes
actually mechanic show me how this happen, he also feel weird why the tyre still can turn by hand when pull the handle..i mean force to turn..cable perhaps since i didnt change cable ??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have a noob question

Can anyone tell me the difference between N1 and Sflow mufflers (or other types if i missed out any)
Also, what is a 'cat-back' :rolleyes:

Hope sifus can enlighten me with all these exhaust terms. Im planning to fit a reasonable sports exhaust on my ride. Its automatic transmission so i wonder if Universal mufflers do good on it?

HELP HELP HELP :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience