Going to service my atos. Looking for advice on fluids I'm going to use.

jon360x

Dec 27, 2018
Hi there again ZTH, this year I plan to do some slightly major service to my Atos 1.1 (auto)

- Engine oil + Oil Filter
- ATF + Gearbox Filter
- Brake Fluid + Brake Pads

I actually plan to buy my fluids and parts online and bringing it to the shop. Because for some reason I'm abit nitpicky with the stuff that goes into my car. :biggrin:

these are the parts

Engine Oil (Idemitsu semi 10w40 ) + Kia Oil Filter (these two I've bought and done before so don't need any help on this)

ATF
(actually wondering how much do I need, I found somewhere online owner's manual say its 5.2L and it says need to be 3314 compliant)

Gearbox Filter
(just planning to buy the filter not the ATF offered here)

Brake Fluid
(also wondering how much I need, I plan to buy 2 bottles for now? that means 1Litre)

Brake pad
(no preference for this tho, just want a genuine, safe and reliable brakepad?)

Do correct me if I made any mistake. Also any Atos owner's here very much welcome to tell me if the parts/fluids I want to buy are compatible.

Last service for my gearbox and the filter was in February 2019 I think. Also I feel like my brakes started to not bite as much in the past few months thats what I feel like I want to service it. So far no leaks or anything spotted under my car haha.

Reactions: leinnz

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Why buy semi synthetic engine oil? Just get Shell Helix Ultra.. should be RM99 or less during sale. So cheap, no reason to skimp.

Reactions: gunnerzz

jon360x

Dec 27, 2018
Why buy semi synthetic engine oil? Just get Shell Helix Ultra.. should be RM99 or less during sale. So cheap, no reason to skimp.
I can take that into consideration for the next service cuz I already bought my oil haha. Thanks for the info! :biggrin:

I am just curios about how much brake fluid I need and how much ATF do i need. last I checked some people say if they open the pan and change the gearbox filter you need to top up about 3L. My friend told me if its fully change just follow the manual (5.2L).

Cuz I did check back my receipts and they only used 3L when they fixed my gearbox oil pan.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I can take that into consideration for the next service cuz I already bought my oil haha. Thanks for the info! :biggrin:

I am just curios about how much brake fluid I need and how much ATF do i need. last I checked some people say if they open the pan and change the gearbox filter you need to top up about 3L. My friend told me if its fully change just follow the manual (5.2L).

Cuz I did check back my receipts and they only used 3L when they fixed my gearbox oil pan.
Brake fluid, usually 1L is enough. For ATF, Change from oil pan is around 3L, but flush meaning pump in one line and out the other need around 10L

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BMW released its first "unveiling" video of the upcoming 1-series M Coupe. It was earlier reported that the new M will be unveiled in December prior to its unveiling at the Detroit Auto Show in January, but considering the frequency of all the teaser video's, an unveiling in Paris at the end of September seems likely.

BMW first released a clip of the 1-Series M Coupe driving around the Ascari race...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience