NBTD - I'm BORED

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
@Tom the "Feature Archives" with image is cool.
thanks man, you like? testing this feature currently, to give some exposure to old gold
Members can tag, so feel free to tag a good thread if you see one, although all submissions will be moderated for approval

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
thanks man, you like? testing this feature currently, to give some exposure to old gold
Members can tag, so feel free to tag a good thread if you see one, although all submissions will be moderated for approval
like it... newbie like me definitely miss out all the interesting post in the past... now, the preview stir some interest and lure me to click and read. Your goal achieve!!!
:congrats:

jon360x

Dec 27, 2018
Just for discussion sake. I was wondering how problematic a Subaru Impreza would be to maintain. Boxer engine wise does the GT86 have similar problems? :emoji_thinking:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Just for discussion sake. I was wondering how problematic a Subaru Impreza would be to maintain. Boxer engine wise does the GT86 have similar problems?
impreza vs gt86 the NA boxer ofc less bits in there... no intercooler, no turbo.... so its fair to say, simpler.

actually boxers ok je maintenance, my friends compared their bills for me, basic maintenance impreza vs evo actually not all that far apart surprisingly here and there. Major services, now here impreza costs more (from their bills) and rebuilds/overhauls for boxers aint exactly what i would call cheap. theres a bunch of mechanics who can deal with them so long as you can pay.

jon360x

Dec 27, 2018
impreza vs gt86 the NA boxer ofc less bits in there... no intercooler, no turbo.... so its fair to say, simpler.

actually boxers ok je maintenance, my friends compared their bills for me, basic maintenance impreza vs evo actually not all that far apart surprisingly here and there. Major services, now here impreza costs more (from their bills) and rebuilds/overhauls for boxers aint exactly what i would call cheap. theres a bunch of mechanics who can deal with them so long as you can pay.
Thanks for the insight!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Today came back home and decide to check up on my atos, most thing seems okay, dont remember what the coolant level was but it was still okay. just top up abit up to the line (me being paranoid). Shall check for leaks the next morning haha.

I decide to spray some WD-40 on the joints of the hood cuz it was quite hard opening them, sprayed for the rest of the doors and rear boot as well. While spraying I found a roasted dead cicak caught in between the doors, eww. Also when I opened my boot in the spare tyre compartment, there was a screwdriver ( probably the first kedai I sent back in 2018. His foreman forgot to take out his spana and 2 years later I found this LOL. This must be what I heard rolling around in my boot when I'm driving). While looking in the spare tyre compartment I found a wired black box that seems to be some kinda circuit component?? and its not fastened to anything. Imma probably tape that to the wall to make sure it doesnt jump around alot when I'm driving.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Anyone still bored during this PKPP period?

Been working 'as usual'...everything seems normal only that everyone looks like darth vader...with face mask all the time.

I learnt that some brand of facemask is using plastic strip for the nose area. Plastic strip type does not give good seal and those with glasses will have fogging problem. Best type is mask which uses steel strip. Then, there is some brand of mask which wears out quicker.the material becomes loose and starts to tickle your nose before lunchtime.

I am beginning to appreciate face mask and most of the ti.e wears it even when riding home. During this time, more vehicle is on the road so more smoke. Can feel i am breathing cleaner air.

Company still being cautious esp on contractor coming in. Works still have to go on but risk had to be mitigated. Foreign workers must be controlled in the most stringent manner.

Inside office, i had to transfer to another cubicle at another wing as my original table does not comply to social distancing. I kinda like this new cubicle, much more spacious and the environment is soo like in the rainforest.

Shopping? so far from first phase of MCO, i transform into Mr. Mama, doing grocery run everytime. only the most recent time i went shopping with my wife to give her the experience of shopping during MCO...as ususal, first timer having hard time to adjust when seeing the long que.

On cars.
I replaced my waja plug coil connector. it just broke into pieces. lucky enough to find it online. The seller describe it for use on 1jz,2jz, etc...does not mentioned waja 1.8.
Also replace some wiring counduit...it just perished after 17 years.

Yesterday i removed the ABS module from my waja and will send it to a guy in Kajang. RM180 for trade in with a repaired unit or RM220 to repair my own unit. The brand of the module is Kelsey-Hayes but when i flip it there is a TRW sticker.

Next i will fabricate a tool to extract and install subframe bush for my blm

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Been working 'as usual'...everything seems normal only that everyone looks like darth vader...with face mask all the time.

I learnt that some brand of facemask is using plastic strip for the nose area. Plastic strip type does not give good seal and those with glasses will have fogging problem. Best type is mask which uses steel strip. Then, there is some brand of mask which wears out quicker.the material becomes loose and starts to tickle your nose before lunchtime.

I am beginning to appreciate face mask and most of the ti.e wears it even when riding home. During this time, more vehicle is on the road so more smoke. Can feel i am breathing cleaner air.

Company still being cautious esp on contractor coming in. Works still have to go on but risk had to be mitigated. Foreign workers must be controlled in the most stringent manner.

Inside office, i had to transfer to another cubicle at another wing as my original table does not comply to social distancing. I kinda like this new cubicle, much more spacious and the environment is soo like in the rainforest.

Shopping? so far from first phase of MCO, i transform into Mr. Mama, doing grocery run everytime. only the most recent time i went shopping with my wife to give her the experience of shopping during MCO...as ususal, first timer having hard time to adjust when seeing the long que.

On cars.
I replaced my waja plug coil connector. it just broke into pieces. lucky enough to find it online. The seller describe it for use on 1jz,2jz, etc...does not mentioned waja 1.8.

Yesterday i removed the ABS module from my waja and will send it to a guy in Kajang. RM180 for trade in with a repaired unit or RM220 to repair my own unit. The brand of the module is Kelsey-Hayes but when i flip it there is a TRW sticker.

You're a busy busy bee. Hahaha

I've been wearing masks so much I have chaffing marks on my ear. It's damn painful nowadays so need to find those tie type masks to use.

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya

On cars.

Does your company practice rotating basis?
For fogging issue, make sure you press the nose clip properly. And allow your spec on top of the mask.

still work from home. find I gain extra 2 hours from traffic jam. on the flip side I don't get to drive my car.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Does your company practice rotating basis?
For fogging issue, make sure you press the nose clip properly. And allow your spec on top of the mask.

still work from home. find I gain extra 2 hours from traffic jam. on the flip side I don't get to drive my car.
Was on rotation before but since can operate 100%, no more rotation.thats why i have to move to other empty cubicle.

The mask with plastic strip is hard to get a proper seal as plastic tend to go back to original shape.steel strip is best.

I did drive earlier when 100% operation is allowed but after 3 days the traffic is just too much...back to 2 wheel.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
You're a busy busy bee. Hahaha

I've been wearing masks so much I have chaffing marks on my ear. It's damn painful nowadays so need to find those tie type masks to use.
Agreed, when i am sitting at my desk i will repositioned the rubber strap so it sits across my ear. this way it wont press so much at the back of my ears. Wearing the mask with good helmet on is a bit dangerous actually as sometimes i cant hear car or bikes in my blindspot.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Was on rotation before but since can operate 100%, no more rotation.thats why i have to move to other empty cubicle.

The mask with plastic strip is hard to get a proper seal as plastic tend to go back to original shape.steel strip is best.

I did drive earlier when 100% operation is allowed but after 3 days the traffic is just too much...back to 2 wheel.
Most company back to 100% dy, and the jams are back.......lol

minibeany

500 RPM
Apr 30, 2017
Petaling Jaya
Agreed, when i am sitting at my desk i will repositioned the rubber strap so it sits across my ear. this way it wont press so much at the back of my ears. Wearing the mask with good helmet on is a bit dangerous actually as sometimes i cant hear car or bikes in my blindspot.
You all wear mask all the time in office. It is suffocating wei... for 8 hours... salute...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys my fren was asking wher to get those goldust not approved one..he wants reli damn gold dat cannot see inside the car one..he is driving a satria and he wants to tint the front both sides driver and passengers .. rear he will tint black film..so any recommendations wher to get those reli gold tint film..he said if its possible hardly look inside the car as though u have tinted two layer of film..
pls state down the price and wher to get..as i know those shops wont have the tint film but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience