Any Proton Preve user here?

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
i currently own a suprima. If you are as particular about a car's maintenance as i am then im afraid the used car lot has not much to offer. although i did buy a used one, it is only because it was very very well maintained by the previous owner and it only had 25k on the odometer. otherwise the lot that i saw was very dodgy and a ton of used cars have "freshened" the look to make it look decent. After driving it and careful scrutinizing these units it revealed otherwise. being in the Cfe group on fb also reveals that a large amount of owners dont spend enough on preventative maintenance and only care about the outlook of the car. They use cheapo oils, to delaying service and etc. The only problem about buying these cars new is, as soon as it is registered the value would have dropped a ton. Personally for the price bracket its a decent daily car and with the right tires you will have some decent fun on the twisties. However, the car is what people call manja. dont be cheap on maintenance you will be fine. owh on another note is the clutch type cvt box. learn to be patient when moving from standstill and not pedal to the metal. All the best bro.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I own a first batch unit. 80K km now. Never had issues with breaking power windows. Misaligned yes. Broken no.Didnt have gearbox sucking up water despite our rainy weather. Last when I checked 2 days ago, also didnt have oil clogging up the turbo inlet. Intercooler hoses hasnt popped out. Nothing major thus far. Only time I got stuck was when the plastic bush in the gear selector broke.
I didn't mean all Preve la.. just those unlucky ones. And there was a lot of unlucky ones.

dont be cheap on maintenance you will be fine. owh on another note is the clutch type cvt box. learn to be patient when moving from standstill and not pedal to the metal. All the best bro.
Exactly! Be diligent and don't cheap out on maintenance

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I dont have much NVH issues. Just get it sound proofed. With regards to engine mounts, it's only RM300 for a set of new ones. How often do you reckon you will replace it?

20K is a huge difference from 70K
Best advice ever. The car is not worth 70k, but I don't want to always be seen shitting on people's parade.

RM50k savings can change many, many, many, engine mounts. Hell you can custom make fluid filled engine mountings. As for buying used, the usual caveat emptor. Look for one with Proton SC service history, and you need to look at the owner, buy the owner not the car. Before buying, get a mechanic experienced with Preve to check, he would know which seals to check for oil leakages and the common issues, as well as if the CVT is behaving as it should.

Set aside some money to change the usual wear and tear parts. Absorbers, brake pads, all oils and fluids, all filters, spark plugs, engine mounting (depending on mileage and age) and should be good to go. At 20k+5k maintenance, 25k its hard to beat.

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Yesterday I just go to a Proton Johor dealer.
Guess what?They told me that No showroom car to see no testdrive unit for johor. I was like WTF?!
I am buying a car or a Pandora box?
Btw thx 4 all the advice. Maybe I will look after other car within my price range. Maybe even 2nd car like Elantra 1.8 & K3 2.0

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I was very surprised to know that they dont have a test drive unit even a showroomncar
Oh,my I saw 1 facelift version otr few days ago all I can say he is brave.
Could be its the small showroom with target market for Saga,basic Iriz and Persona.

I drop by a major showroom in Seremban few month back and they have the facelift model.looked sportier with the 17inch and interior is uprated with the leather.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Could be its the small showroom with target market for Saga,basic Iriz and Persona.

I drop by a major showroom in Seremban few month back and they have the facelift model.looked sportier with the 17inch and interior is uprated with the leather.
Many years back, wife went to test Exora M/T. Test Car is there, but no gear knob. SA say manager took out, need to wait for him come in first....:banghead:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Yesterday I just go to a Proton Johor dealer.
Guess what?They told me that No showroom car to see no testdrive unit for johor. I was like WTF?!
I am buying a car or a Pandora box?
Btw thx 4 all the advice. Maybe I will look after other car within my price range. Maybe even 2nd car like Elantra 1.8 & K3 2.0
Got balls or not? Got balls buy a 2011 E90 320d.

Best purchase (or worst nightmare, ok maybe not worst, the bmw1jzparking is the worst nightmare) for the money.

Reactions: gunnerzz

KHNG940413

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2015
johor bahru
Got balls or not? Got balls buy a 2011 E90 320d.

Best purchase (or worst nightmare, ok maybe not worst, the bmw1jzparking is the worst nightmare) for the money.
I m juz a normal salaryman didn't thinking about getting a bmw
Tomorrow will go and check out a used Jazz V spec quite mint condition.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I m juz a normal salaryman didn't thinking about getting a bmw
Tomorrow will go and check out a used Jazz V spec quite mint condition.
My friend is a normal salaryman as well who owns a used E90 320d. 70k budget confirm can afford with lots of change to spare. Despite the contrary, German cars are not that expensive to run. When people say Continental expensive to maintain they were really referring to the Peugeot and the Alfa Romeos.

Even the famous bmw1jzparking is owned by a normal salaryman.