Get rid of "Cigarette burn marks" on car paint

alphawolf

Oct 23, 2018

Seek car detailing sifus' advice on whether it is possible to remove what my previous detailer deemed as "cigarette burn marks:smokin:" on my car paint. Kindly see attached photo..

I do not have any ideas how these marks came about, and my previous detailer also said its not possible to remove them :bawling:. Had tried his "3-step" polish but the marks remains.:bawling:

Any ideas and recommendations from you guys would be appreciated on how to remove these damn marks.

thanks!

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Jul 6, 2000
Could that be a chemical stain and did the 3-step polish include sanding the clear coat?

It depends how that stain is attached to your paint. If sitting on top of your clear coat then should not be a problem. If it has etch into the clear coat then is not possible to remove.
What 3 step polish you did?
I would first try mild cutting polish, since only a small spot, do by hand. If cannot, then a stronger rubbing compound. If still cannot, then a 2000 grit sand paper. For sandpaper that spot will blur off, then need to use mild polish to glaze it back, follow by some wax

alphawolf

Oct 23, 2018
Hi guys. Thanks for the replies. I don't think my previous detailer did a 'sanding'. Just the bog standard polishing waxing bla bla. I guess good detailers would be able to help me on the sanding ..anybody to recommend ?

Where are you from?

alphawolf

Oct 23, 2018
I am from Cheras, working in Damansara. So anywhere in and around those areas would be great.

alphawolf

Oct 23, 2018
How did you get the mark in the first place? Come lemme try my tools on your car.
Haha you serious ?
I don't know how I got them. There are a few yellow spots but the one spot I took with the photo is the worst.

I am from Cheras, working in Damansara. So anywhere in and around those areas would be great.
Well, you got bro. Izso choice or you can pop over to my place. Since small spot I will work on it by hand, no point use machine.....lol

alphawolf

Oct 23, 2018
Thanks guys so much for the help. Will PM when I am free, most probably next weekend. :hello:

s1tl

Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Bro s1tl should know what to do, he's the sifu detailer in this forum.
Thank you for your kind words.

Haha you serious ?
I don't know how I got them. There are a few yellow spots but the one spot I took with the photo is the worst.
The stain looks more like some season or aged tree sap stain. Given the center part is slight darker in tone than the outer ring. There is a high chance that sanding might not remove the damage also. But no harm trying. Tree sap stains usually have paint etching characteristic which mean the longer it stays the deeper it goes into the paint.

s1tl

Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Well, you got bro. Izso choice or you can pop over to my place. Since small spot I will work on it by hand, no point use machine.....lol
I'll like to watch how to sand and remove sanding mark with hand. must be vtec hands :adore:

plz, i need code colour for R3 car.. its not black i think.. waja r3