Motor Insurance De-tariff - Is it Cheaper?

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The story was that government say after motor insurance de-tariff, our insurance will get cheaper. My question, any of you guys got it cheaper? Referring to comprehensive covers only.

Also, I heard if you walk in to the insurance company yourself, you are entitled to 10% off. How does it work? Anybody can share? Especially for a new car.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
The story was that government say after motor insurance de-tariff, our insurance will get cheaper. My question, any of you guys got it cheaper? Referring to comprehensive covers only.

Also, I heard if you walk in to the insurance company yourself, you are entitled to 10% off. How does it work? Anybody can share? Especially for a new car.
i was told walk in, they give you a discount (cannot confirm, did mine over the phone)
in my case, i believe its actually abit more exp;
Previously was insured at 23k agreed upon value, comprehensive insurance, 4th year NCD. (that was their suggested value)(had to pay additional 25% loading due to vehicle age AND driver's age)
Now still insured at 23k but at market value, comprehensive insurance, 5th year NCD. (again their suggested value)(they said nowadays theres no loading, just the premium or something, didn't really press for more info since they were the ONLY ones offering me comprehensive!!! no other company wanted to offer me comp :thefinger:)

paid around the same amount. last year and this year.

edit: should mention my vehicle is 22 this year.....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Cheaper my sorry flabby fat ass.

They ask you a few other things and start loading which balances out the savings to no savings.

- Your age : The younger you are the higher the insurance
- When was the last time you claimed? Within 5 years got claim - higher insurance
- Where do you park your car? Covered in landed or in apartment? Any sort of exposure means higher insurance
- Age of car : older is higher tariff. 17 year old car loading 10%. Older than 7 years is 5%. Older more loading.
- Is car modified? Yes higher insurance.
- Is your car high performance? Large CC? Yes higher insurance.

I got my 10% walk-in discount and get it countered with my 1JZ being 2.5 and the car being 17 years old. I have max NCD and no claims in the last 10 years end up the insurance is the same as I would have paid before the de-tariff.

The only way to get a good proper discount is to have a friend work in an insurance company and have them remove all the stupid loading and give you flat rate without loading. Then cheaper.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

They ask you a few other things and start loading which balances out the savings to no savings.

- When was the last time you claimed? Within 5 years got claim - higher insurance
- Where do you park your car? Covered in landed or in apartment? Any sort of exposure means higher insurance
- Age of car : older is higher tariff. 17 year old car loading 10%. Older than 7 years is 5%. Older more loading.

I got my 10% walk-in discount and get it countered with my 1JZ being 2.5 and the car being 17 years old. I have max NCD and no claims in the last 10 years end up the insurance is the same as I would have paid before the de-tariff.

The only way to get a good proper discount is to have a friend work in an insurance company and have them remove all the stupid loading and give you flat rate without loading. Then cheaper.
HAH!!! so there is loading.... no loading my arse..... should check the insurance cover letter(or is it called note) dont recall loadings being mentioned.

and yeah they did question me....
- Your age
- Any incidents in the last 5 years
- Parking which area AND if its covered
- Age of car
- Is car modified? YAY they didn't ask me this (cukur)
- Is this model a coupe?
- Alarm installed

they did say i got 10% off buying over the phone....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Huh, higher CC now gets more expensive insurance?? Hmmm another too simplified dumb rule! :banghead: I really need to change my car I suppose.

So who works in insurance company now? :biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Huh, higher CC now gets more expensive insurance?? Hmmm another too simplified dumb rule! :banghead: I really need to change my car I suppose.

i thought that has been the case all these years?

Nicholasng925

Known Member

Nicholasng925

Known Member
Jul 30, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Can survey first before renew
Yes you are right. Now that the insurers are free to price a risk profile accordingly, everyone should and is encouraged to shop around for the best quotation for your motor insurance. The pricing models may be similar for some companies but chances are they are different.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yes, you get 10% off if you buy direct from Insurance company. If go through agent, agent gets the cut.....lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

My wife's forester comes with Metasat security, given free service for 1st year. It was mentioned if you have better security can get some percentage off, but seems they only tie up with AXA, so other insurance won't give the discount. The other part is get small discount but the renewal is like RM400 per year :banghead:......lol

adibkhld

adibkhld

Oct 2, 2017
Kuala Lumpur

I thought this has been applied since ages.

Before this, the insurance only covered for the car. But starting last July, it include car + risk of the driver.

And after asking some of my friends, their insurance tariff increase around 150 to 200 from previous years.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, yesterday i was in KL. heavy floods. So i has to go through the floods. When i came home, i noticed that the fog light was not working. any idea why?

btw, there is something called relay which might be connected to the fog light.

does it mean that i have to change or repair smtg in a proton each time it goes through a flood? :sad_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience