Used Car purchase: Inspira 2.0P vs Suprima S

chsyke

Known Member
Dec 13, 2006
Tested both... both also not a bad car.
Thats why having the dilemma to choose between these two.
Both also have pro and con.
During test drive, it just a short while. Definitely both are better than my current 1.6 10yrs old car.
Because the car im going to use for few years, so just want to have some sifu advise, and it will be good if owner of both can advise me.

chsyke

Known Member
Dec 13, 2006
You can get a used Suprima S for less than RM45k nowadays. I'm a Suprima S owner since October 2013. Ironically, I also faced the same dilemma when deciding between Suprima S and Inspira 1.8 (M) a few years back. :cool:
Manual, not a fans of Manual nowadays... use to drive manual car... a bit tired especially during jammed.
I want auto, with paddle shift, shifttronic or what ever name they call... can simulate manual drive also =)

chsyke

Known Member
Dec 13, 2006
Inspira can transplant later.......lol
Transplant...
Im not good in electronic stuff and engine stuf..
And i dont have much time to spend modify and upgrade parts by parts.
So dont think i will go for that option.
Since i have less knowledge, i better stick to OEM... thats why i rather get an used unit...

chsyke

Known Member
Dec 13, 2006
You can get a used Suprima S for less than RM45k nowadays. I'm a Suprima S owner since October 2013. Ironically, I also faced the same dilemma when deciding between Suprima S and Inspira 1.8 (M) a few years back. :cool:
How is your Suprima ride after so many years? Any issue with it? How about fuel consumption?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If you just want it as a people mover A to B, no mods, comfortable and boring/slow driving. Inspira 2L with the continuously very tired transmission.

Have one at home. Suprima S doesn't come close in it's boringness in a lazy sleepy comfortable kind of way. That whine on the punch transmission, the lack of punch and stupid rpm matching between the CFE and the transmission is not what I call a comfortable ride. And frankly not that much faster than the Inspira. Neither is fast with that "Turbo" badge.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If don't test drive, how would he know whether he likes the how the car drives. Once bought will keep for sometime, that is why even new cars got test drive units......lol:biggrin:

Even my wife's before she bought her new SUV, tested from N, then M before she bought S.....lol:rofl:
N should be Nissan X-Trail, M should be Mitsubishi ASX? S is your current new car.

chsyke

Known Member
Dec 13, 2006
If you just want it as a people mover A to B, no mods, comfortable and boring/slow driving. Inspira 2L with the continuously very tired transmission.

Have one at home. Suprima S doesn't come close in it's boringness in a lazy sleepy comfortable kind of way. That whine on the punch transmission, the lack of punch and stupid rpm matching between the CFE and the transmission is not what I call a comfortable ride. And frankly not that much faster than the Inspira. Neither is fast with that "Turbo" badge.
This "new" car will be my own use, work and travelling outstation. Have another MPV for balik kampung use.
I'm looking for a reliable car with less repair. As I know buying used car, there is no warranty, so any repair will be from own pocket. Just don't want to buy a car that end up spending $$$ and time at workshop.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
This "new" car will be my own use, work and travelling outstation. Have another MPV for balik kampung use.
I'm looking for a reliable car with less repair. As I know buying used car, there is no warranty, so any repair will be from own pocket. Just don't want to buy a car that end up spending $$$ and time at workshop.
I suggest go for Inspira as a safer option. The 4B11 engine used in Inspira is a good engine. The CPS engine in Surprima S is Proton's first turbocharged engine. Whether can it last for long remains to be seen.

I guess N for Nissan XTrail, M for Mazda CX5 and S for Subaru XV..
I forgot Mazda. :biggrin: Since Sifu VR2 drives a Galant, I thought of Mitsubishi instead.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Absolutely no issues since 2012 ownership of the Inspira. Haven't heard major issues/defects from the LYN Inspira owners either. Wear and tear is normal.

Only issue is the head unit. That's nothing to do with the car.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i think u will appreciate larger boot from inspira over hatcback design of suprima....

but if it was me...

IF the car served purpose of town use mainly...shorter ass of suprima becomes the factor of my choice

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
i think u will appreciate larger boot from inspira over hatcback design of suprima....

but if it was me...

IF the car served purpose of town use mainly...shorter ass of suprima becomes the factor of my choice
Good point.
Rear view visibility is rather poor on Inspira. I would still choose Inspira.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I suggest go for Inspira as a safer option. The 4B11 engine used in Inspira is a good engine. The CPS engine in Surprima S is Proton's first turbocharged engine. Whether can it last for long remains to be seen.

I forgot Mazda. :biggrin: Since Sifu VR2 drives a Galant, I thought of Mitsubishi instead.
M's CX-5 more popular, and so far my car brand ownership did not double up........lol:rofl:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Since used for travel, cari makan. Choose the car that pratical, is ur workhorse not showhorse. How deep ur pocket can go too.

U already have mpv for family.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I will go for inspira.
Its cumbersome in some tight area but much more enjoyable than the suprima.
The Suprima is riding a tad firmer than inspira,blame it on the low profile tires.

leather quality in suprima is like pvc...dont expect much.
i must say fit and finish is good.no rattle or squeak whatsoever.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi.anyone here have install adjustable fuel regulator on your viva..please share with me how you did that..thank you..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience