4G93 DOHC with intake and exhaust reversed?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2lnTAQa65g

I found this video on YouTube yesterday. I was quite confused with this setup. What kind of benefit can the owner gain from this setup and how did the mechanic managed to reverse the position of the intake and exhaust? The valve cover is still positioned like normal though.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not sure what engine he use, but there are engine layout in that way, meaning intake front and exhaust at firewall. 1st Gen Accord is that way and even my Chery Tiggo SUV the exhaust is on firewall side.....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Not sure what engine he use, but there are engine layout in that way, meaning intake front and exhaust at firewall. 1st Gen Accord is that way and even my Chery Tiggo SUV the exhaust is on firewall side.....
The video says it is 4G93. But 4G93 intake is on firewall side while exhaust is facing front. The one on this video is the opposite. Intake facing front, exhaust on firewall. :confused:

Naaz

Feb 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
4G93 CA engine with 4G93 CK head

CA engine (wira/satria/putra chassis) = timing belt on rightside

CK engine (lancer/ mirage chassis, engine ngam2 fit into waja/persona/gen2/neo) = timing belt on left side

so when CA + Ck head, in order to meet the correct CA timing belt side, so the CK head is reversed installed.

Not much in performance but do helps in presentation.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
I thought it was 4G93 since the head is similar to it. Wait for more sifu to reply here. :biggrin:
It is indeed 4G engine with Mivec head actually but the setup:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:
can gain more horse meh:confused:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
4G93 CA engine with 4G93 CK head

CA engine (wira/satria/putra chassis) = timing belt on rightside

CK engine (lancer/ mirage chassis, engine ngam2 fit into waja/persona/gen2/neo) = timing belt on left side

so when CA + Ck head, in order to meet the correct CA timing belt side, so the CK head is reversed installed.

Not much in performance but do helps in presentation.
Nope, that is not a CK head. Initially I thought so too but after looking carefully, I found out that the head (valve cover) is from the old 4G9 series not the new 'terbalik' version.

Here, look at this area that I highlighted. There is this gap area to accommodate the plug cables in the earlier 4G9 series engine.

But it is not present in the CK series of 4G9 engines.

Attachments

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Probably he manage to use that cover on the K head. If you look at radiator top hose it goes to the rear at firewall side

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Probably he manage to use that cover on the K head. If you look at radiator top hose it goes to the rear at firewall side
Maybe you are right... Such a weird setup. So many things needed to be custom made. If he is using ITB for intake, then perhaps I understand why he wants the intake facing the front but he is not using ITB setup...

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
that is 1st gen mivec rocker cover..mivec head got 2 deck..maybe they mix both 1st & 2nd gen deck together or what i also dont know
but i still wonder how they put it together and got it in running

Naaz

Feb 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
it used 4g92 mivec ck head mix with ca block. it is not 4g93 head.

this modification becomes trend lately.

1 of my friend's neo, using CK block with 4g93 CA head mix with ITB config. manage to churn out almost 200whp a t wheel.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
All I can think of it's just for relocation of the extractor haha. No heatsoak going under the engine + the weight of the extractor is shifted more towards the middle of the car...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
All I can think of it's just for relocation of the extractor haha. No heatsoak going under the engine + the weight of the extractor is shifted more towards the middle of the car...
Looks like a lot of work to do for the sake of slight improvements. I wonder if the engine mounting needs to be customized or just plug and play?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BMW Group Malaysia today unveiled the third variant of the 6-series – the Gran Coupé that joins its Coupé and Convertible siblings. The Gran Coupé is BMW’s first four-door coupé that marries sporty aesthetics with powerful dynamics, penetrating yet another segment of premium luxury cars. Four-door sedan and dynamics of a coupé; this is the winning formula for an attractive vehicle with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience