Need some info about brake pads

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Trestor is the same as Bendix. If cannot find Trestor Blue Advantage, then get Bendix Metal King Titanium.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Trestor is the same as Bendix. If cannot find Trestor Blue Advantage, then get Bendix Metal King Titanium.
No, is not same. Even though same manufacturer in Malaysia, they are different. Bendix Metal King I think same as Trestor Metallic Plus only and Bendix General CT is Trestor Deluxe Organic.

Trestor Advantage pads is slightly higher than the metallic pads. I have used Bendix from Metal King Plus to Gold and then to Titanium then switch to Advantage pads. They bite from cold, and have better friction. Overall braking is so much better....:smokin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
No, is not same. Even though same manufacturer in Malaysia, they are different. Bendix Metal King I think same as Trestor Metallic Plus only and Bendix General CT is Trestor Deluxe Organic.

Trestor Advantage pads is slightly higher than the metallic pads. I have used Bendix from Metal King Plus to Gold and then to Titanium then switch to Advantage pads. They bite from cold, and have better friction. Overall braking is so much better....:smokin:
Ic, then maybe the blue advantage is similar type like the Bendix Ultimate?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Blue advantage is cheaper. And Metal King is rubbish. Needs warmup to bite. I have used it before and it's dangerous when cold. No brakes AT ALL
If not mistaken, you were the first person I poison with Trestor Blue then later you poison the rest of the gang except bro. SF go buy different model......hhahhahahaha:rofl:

And was it cheaper, because that day when I bought for you, PH boss purposely off another RM5 or 10 to make the sale since you bought front and rear together.....:biggrin:

Last edited:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Yup, but cold bite is so much better.......:driver:
Blue advantage is cheaper. And Metal King is rubbish. Needs warmup to bite. I have used it before and it's dangerous when cold. No brakes AT ALL
I'm currently using metal king, it really needs some heat to get it working :rofl: well from cold i still can stop the car pretty easily most probably due to my car is quite light....Really keen to try this trestor blue advantage on the next change :driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm currently using metal king, it really needs some heat to get it working :rofl: well from cold i still can stop the car pretty easily most probably due to my car is quite light....Really keen to try this trestor blue advantage on the next change :driver:
No need next change leh! Pads are not that expensive and you will love the initial bite and as well as the friction feel, meaning when you brake don't require more pressure than what you require for Bendix metal king.
Bro. Izso change over from his Bendix even though Bendix still new....hhahhaha:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
No need next change leh! Pads are not that expensive and you will love the initial bite and as well as the friction feel, meaning when you brake don't require more pressure than what you require for Bendix metal king.
Bro. Izso change over from his Bendix even though Bendix still new....hhahhaha:rofl:
Freaking idiotic Metal King couldn't stop my wira on a 30% downhill slope and I ended up rear ending a Hilux. He barely even felt the knudge and I was standing on the pedal already. My hood kemek and his hilux barely even moved.

That was the day I threw away the damn Metal kings and swapped to blue advantage.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Bendix General is bullshit as well, couldn't provide stopping power plus ate/burnt my rotor like hell.

I could vouch for Trestor blue advantage the bite is real good. Only drawback is it is powderful.

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
So far I have only used Rapid Stop 550c and 800c pads. The 550c definitely not for competition/track use.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
My current metal king few months old only leh :rofl: so far so good for me hahaha
Freaking idiotic Metal King couldn't stop my wira on a 30% downhill slope and I ended up rear ending a Hilux. He barely even felt the knudge and I was standing on the pedal already. My hood kemek and his hilux barely even moved.
That was the day I threw away the damn Metal kings and swapped to blue advantage.
Really that bad? is the rotor stock 1.5 size? previously i tried ebc green with my stock 1.5 rotors, not really biting that well too current 1.8 rotors with metal king bite better than that ALOT...

Bendix General is bullshit as well, couldn't provide stopping power plus ate/burnt my rotor like hell.

I could vouch for Trestor blue advantage the bite is real good. Only drawback is it is powderful.
Totally agreed with the shitty performance of bendix general :thefinger:, my first set of pads, it's silent and not much dust though...:burnout:
So far I have only used Rapid Stop 550c and 800c pads. The 550c definitely not for competition/track use.
550c not up to standard ah? Care to elaborate more?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia VPCM has announced a price reduction on their new cars in light of the sales tax exemption which will take place from:

15th June till 31st December 2020

View attachment 578001

Locally assembled VWs:
  • Polo, Vento, Tiguan and Passat
Fully Imported VWs:
  • Golf, Golf R-Line, Golf GTI, Golf R
Sales tax exemption savings example:
  • RM3,881 – Tiguan
  • RM6,133 – Passat
  • RM4,884 – Golf R-Line
Below...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience