Wira absorber

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
Nope, and i would instead suggest you to increase your budget by at least 50% more.
i dont think i can increase it even more..but i will try to..what will u recommend me to get with that budget??

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Kena poison, budget sure will go off......lol
Hahahahaha... :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If really cannot increase don't go overboard with it. Either delay and get a better set or once buy must live with it, because upgrading will cost you more.....haha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
STR dude, as a ex-driver of Wira Aeroback SE, and as a user of multiple different suspension setups, I can tell you one thing is you won't want an overly stiff suspension. I've tried :

1. 8k front 6k rear Hi/lo adjustable suspension. Corner like you're on rails but like what vr2turbo said, only good on track. On normal roads if there's any uneven surface in the corner the car will skip and under or over steer. Very scary. Also, driving slow will be very interesting if you have a female friend with big boobs.

2. 6k front 4k rear hi/lo adjustable suspension is neither here nor there. It's stiff with some minor body roll but it's not comfortable or good enough for hard cornering. Don't recommend this.

3. hi/lo/soft/hard suspension - 8k front 4k rear. Perfect combination if you set the dampers right. Last time I had the BC Racing 30 click soft/hard suspension and it was set to 12 clicks front and 10 clicks rear for comfort setting and 28 clicks front and 22 clicks rear for track use. Very very good setup. Most expensive 'budget' setup.

The last suggestion I have for you is probably (imho) the best. Get decent absorbers like the Monroe Reflex or just stick with stock Kayaba absorbers. Change to new Wira SE springs (make sure the absorbers are Wira SE absorbers too, they are not the same as 1.6 or 1.8 absorbers and 1.5 uses a small spring seat, so doesn't fit the Wira SE springs). The Wira SE front springs are very thick and slightly lowered height springs similar to the Wira 1.6/1.8 ones, except it's harder. The rear springs are the same as all other Wiras. Then invest in a GSR 22mm front anti roll bar then get the UltraRacing 19mm rear antiroll bar with Wira 1.6/1.8 rear lower arms. Don't weld supporting bars to your 1.5 arms cuz they'll snap.

The stock absorbers + Wira SE springs should be about RM800 thereabouts.
The GSR 22mm front ARB should be about RM250 halfcut
The UR 19mm rear ARB should be about RM400+

If you still have budget, use Superpro bushing throughout the entire car or at least change the arm bushes, ARB bushes and steering bush to PU.

With this setup you'll have comfort and still be able to corner like a god. To properly corner without sacrifice on comfort, you'll bound to have some bodyroll but slight bodyroll is a good thing, it gives you more feel and lets you know when the tyres are about to give up and at the same time put less stress on the tyres. Too stiff suspension will rely very heavily on good grippy tyres.

Lastly if your budget is sky high, Koni FSB + Eibach Prokit springs. The combination is seriously the best of both worlds. Koni has this twin chamber thing and uses only one chamber during normal driving. But once it's under stress (like heavy load during cornering) the 2nd chamber opens up stiffening the absorber. Meaning it's only hard when you need it to be. Eibach Prokit will lower your car nicely and still be relatively comfortable.

Or if you are insane and want to spend shit loads of money (more than the cost of your car) then research the Bose suspension. Flat cornering and comfort all using very high tech gizmo wizardry.

:biggrin:

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
my satria now use 4k front and 3k rear.....if i can adjust the damping that would be my perfect setup.... (too bad my hwl only hi-lo type)

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang
If really cannot increase don't go overboard with it. Either delay and get a better set or once buy must live with it, because upgrading will cost you more.....haha
Sure... :itsme:

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

STR dude, as a ex-driver of Wira Aeroback SE, and as a user of multiple different suspension setups, I can tell you one thing is you won't want an overly stiff suspension. I've tried :

1. 8k front 6k rear Hi/lo adjustable suspension. Corner like you're on rails but like what vr2turbo said, only good on track. On normal roads if there's any uneven surface in the corner the car will skip and under or over steer. Very scary. Also, driving slow will be very interesting if you have a female friend with big boobs.

2. 6k front 4k rear hi/lo adjustable suspension is neither here nor there. It's stiff with some minor body roll but it's not comfortable or good enough for hard cornering. Don't recommend this.

3. hi/lo/soft/hard suspension - 8k front 4k rear. Perfect combination if you set the dampers right. Last time I had the BC Racing 30 click soft/hard suspension and it was set to 12 clicks front and 10 clicks rear for comfort setting and 28 clicks front and 22 clicks rear for track use. Very very good setup. Most expensive 'budget' setup.

The last suggestion I have for you is probably (imho) the best. Get decent absorbers like the Monroe Reflex or just stick with stock Kayaba absorbers. Change to new Wira SE springs (make sure the absorbers are Wira SE absorbers too, they are not the same as 1.6 or 1.8 absorbers and 1.5 uses a small spring seat, so doesn't fit the Wira SE springs). The Wira SE front springs are very thick and slightly lowered height springs similar to the Wira 1.6/1.8 ones, except it's harder. The rear springs are the same as all other Wiras. Then invest in a GSR 22mm front anti roll bar then get the UltraRacing 19mm rear antiroll bar with Wira 1.6/1.8 rear lower arms. Don't weld supporting bars to your 1.5 arms cuz they'll snap.

The stock absorbers + Wira SE springs should be about RM800 thereabouts.
The GSR 22mm front ARB should be about RM250 halfcut
The UR 19mm rear ARB should be about RM400+

If you still have budget, use Superpro bushing throughout the entire car or at least change the arm bushes, ARB bushes and steering bush to PU.

With this setup you'll have comfort and still be able to corner like a god. To properly corner without sacrifice on comfort, you'll bound to have some bodyroll but slight bodyroll is a good thing, it gives you more feel and lets you know when the tyres are about to give up and at the same time put less stress on the tyres. Too stiff suspension will rely very heavily on good grippy tyres.

Lastly if your budget is sky high, Koni FSB + Eibach Prokit springs. The combination is seriously the best of both worlds. Koni has this twin chamber thing and uses only one chamber during normal driving. But once it's under stress (like heavy load during cornering) the 2nd chamber opens up stiffening the absorber. Meaning it's only hard when you need it to be. Eibach Prokit will lower your car nicely and still be relatively comfortable.

Or if you are insane and want to spend shit loads of money (more than the cost of your car) then research the Bose suspension. Flat cornering and comfort all using very high tech gizmo wizardry.

:biggrin:
I was so confused on which absorber to get cause i was trying to find the proper suspension setup for my budget. Different people had different opinions and i couldnt choose the one i feel ok with. Now im all clear with whatever u mentioned. u nailed it bro. I will get the monroe reflex, and the wira se springs. Is there any model of monroe reflex that i should know? Y should i get the Wira 1.6/1.8 rear lower arms? cause i have to weld the rear ARB to wira 1.5 arm since it doesnt have the bracket as wira 1.6/1.8?Im asking this cause my car came with rear arb. N will it cost alot to change to PU bushes?N my budget is not sky high, haha..but i learned alot.. :adore:

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Told him the danger of poisoning......hahhahhahahahah:rofl:
The poison feels good...but it will make me worry about my bank balance... :rofl:

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I was so confused on which absorber to get cause i was trying to find the proper suspension setup for my budget. Different people had different opinions and i couldnt choose the one i feel ok with. Now im all clear with whatever u mentioned. u nailed it bro. I will get the monroe reflex, and the wira se springs. Is there any model of monroe reflex that i should know? Y should i get the Wira 1.6/1.8 rear lower arms? cause i have to weld the rear ARB to wira 1.5 arm since it doesnt have the bracket as wira 1.6/1.8?Im asking this cause my car came with rear arb. N will it cost alot to change to PU bushes?N my budget is not sky high, haha..but i learned alot..
Monroe is the brand, reflex is the model.

The Wira 1.6/1.8 rear lower arms have brackets but if yours already has - then good! Save some money! PU bushes aren't too expensive.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

The Wira 1.6/1.8 rear lower arms have brackets but if yours already has - then good! Save some money! PU bushes aren't too expensive.
How were they Monroe when you used them? Many years ago I also use them too, after 3 months they went soft so I went to Monroe service outlet to make a claim. They check and say no leak and no jam so cannot claim. I was like WTF they have gone soft and warranty was 6 months or a certain mileage. In the end I gave up on them. I then went to chop shop to get replacement and i used them (chop shop ones) until I sold my car........hhahahhahah:rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How were they Monroe when you used them? Many years ago I also use them too, after 3 months they went soft so I went to Monroe service outlet to make a claim. They check and say no leak and no jam so cannot claim. I was like WTF they have gone soft and warranty was 6 months or a certain mileage. In the end I gave up on them. I then went to chop shop to get replacement and i used them (chop shop ones) until I sold my car........hhahahhahah:rofl:
That bad? My Monroe Reflex experience was that it was just slightly stiffer than stock abs and that's it. It lasted until I changed to coilovers.

STR

Known Member
Sep 27, 2015
Penang

Gonna go get the monroe's soon... n what else shall i replace with the absobers??just the mounting only right? :wavey: Will update the thread once i got them...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Monroe absorbers are replacement. Not exactly a peformance absorber.
Monroe fair ooooonly slight better than standard absorber.

From my experience, their absorbers is so so.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all bro out there. i'm using perdana with rvr engine. can u all tell me the differences between this 2 engine and how to mods rvr so it can be powerfull like evo.

---------- Post added 04-16-2010 at 12:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 04-15-2010 at 11:57 PM ----------

bumpp....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience