Landcruiser 80 stuck in Penang!

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Evening all, I'm in Penang n was planning to return to kl this morning. The car cannot b started after many attempts. Found out that the diesel primer pump wasn't working n it's leaking. Worst of all, traveled the area by foot n ALL 3 workshops said they can't help me. Even Toyota service center Penang told me that they don't have the ability to help as it's an imported model.

Genuinely need help n pointers if anyone knows anyone/anywhere in Penang that I can contact? It's a Landcruiser 80 4.2 diesel '95 made. Thanks all!

Attachments

detomaso_runna

1,000 RPM
May 21, 2005
PeNAnG
www.friendster.com
Evening all, I'm in Penang n was planning to return to kl this morning. The car cannot b started after many attempts. Found out that the diesel primer pump wasn't working n it's leaking. Worst of all, traveled the area by foot n ALL 3 workshops said they can't help me. Even Toyota service center Penang told me that they don't have the ability to help as it's an imported model.

Genuinely need help n pointers if anyone knows anyone/anywhere in Penang that I can contact? It's a Landcruiser 80 4.2 diesel '95 made. Thanks all!
0174260355 vibrant auto

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Re: Landcruiser 80 stuck in Penang! [FIXED]

UPDATE:
Happy Monkey Year all, here's an overdue update. First one of the primer pump's hose was cracked so got that replaced. Then the mechanic found out that the crankshaft pulley wasn't working, causing the radiator to NOT function. Couldn't find parts in Penang island so ended towing the car to Alor Setar where a family friend services trucks, came back to KL to get the spare parts then posted back to AS. Definitely an adventure along with CNY :burnout:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
it was repaired before CNY week, only traveled up to AS to retrieve it during CNY :biggrin:
hmmm...so getting something rare also a problem especially on parts, just like my friend who got a recon Mercedes from UK. Not sure what engine problem but even Mercedes SC don't have the parts so have to order from Germany including the tools to fix it. Cost around RM6k in the end to repair...:smokin:

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
wow for your friend's case it seems like a even niche market. that's true bout getting vehicles that are less mainstream, nothing beats my helplessness when Toyota SC Penang told me they couldn't help :stupido2: im pretty sure that if i was in KL, AS or East Malaysia, the problem would've been fixed sooner as there're more land cruiser parts/workshops available.

at least i learnt one more thing bout car now :idea:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
wow for your friend's case it seems like a even niche market. that's true bout getting vehicles that are less mainstream, nothing beats my helplessness when Toyota SC Penang told me they couldn't help :stupido2: im pretty sure that if i was in KL, AS or East Malaysia, the problem would've been fixed sooner as there're more land cruiser parts/workshops available.

at least i learnt one more thing bout car now :idea:
Yup, learning through experience. Just like my wife's China SUV. I thought since got Sales and service and even got authorized parts shop would be safe, until lately I need to replace the drive shaft dust cover and they say they only sell the whole drive shaft.....fuh! So went to outside mechanic took out the dust cover as sample and went to spare part shop check. Found Honda SR4 for outer and inner side the Sylphy G11 parts can use......lol :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Proton Wira 1.8 SOHC turbo Automatic

Spec

1.4G93 SOHC Engine
2.OEM Pistons
3.Cleaning Head and Polish
4. 510cc injector
5.Walbro Fuel pump
6.Turbo TD05 Evo 2
7.GSR Turbo Manifold
8.Microtech LT4 Fuel controller
9.RED Line Racing Lubrican
10.RED Line ATF Racing
11.No Intercooler
12.Blizz Air Filter

Tuning done on the Dyno At Mellinium Motorsport Sunway,and make it the
164 whp 210ft torque at 0.9 bar boost.The oem auto trans still can support for 1bar boost.
The engine fully rebuild...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience