I had a nice drive. So i thought of sharing here.

tangtang22

Jul 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Dear all,

When was the last time u had a nice drive, the kind of drive which u totally enjoyed yourself. I recently had one and it was one which I enjoyed as it was at a heightened sense of driving during the trip.

OK, to cut a long story short, I drove about 200KM for this drive, with about 150KM of it totally enjoyable. I was on my back to KL from the South. So after a nice lunch after Tangkak, I had some time so I thought y not try taking the trunk road (not PLUS highway) back to KL. So I turned on Waze, set destination as PJ and turning off the option of "Toll" road. So for bout 200KM to reach PJ, it took me 4 hours instead of 2 hours in PLUS highway.

Here come the fun part. Once u hit the small roads, Waze has directed to go through villages, oil palm estates and then voila, u hit long stretches of straight road where you can press the pedal as much as your balls allow you to do so. Bearing in mind, its dark at night with no street lights but reflectors on the road. The street is empty with few cars and no pot holes so go ahead and test your car.

During the trip, the air was fresh and crisp so what I did was to turn off the car air con and allow the outside air to come in. Dont worry, when your driving fast enough, cool air will be flowing in instead of hot air.

From Tangkak to Seremban, you can expect to drive bout 10KMs to 20KMs of straight road, then follow by bends and turns. Which means you do expect some downshift of gears for a manual car (mine is), but mainly at 4th and 5th gear. And also, a time to enjoy my Recaro seat when going through the bends.

Since its really quiet outside, I turned off my radio as I rather be listening to the sound of the engine. Let it roar they say when you on a straight road and listen the soft purr when you downshift.

So, to sum it up, I really enjoyed this ride as my car is not an expensive Beemer, STI, GTR and etc I can't afford to go up the mountain. Have to know you limit and let the GTR pass first ma. Secondly, no crowd, no need to bother bout the silly car in front of you who refuses to let you pass when you accelerate. Lastly, it feels good to be one with my car and to hear its engine telling me what it wants and not relying on the meters.

And now reach the not-so-good part, once I reached Seremban, its no longer fun as there are more cars on the road and bumped into one pothole. Roads are not that long and exciting anymore.

My observations on this trunk road so far, which i feel its necessary to share as people at my generation have rarely traveled on it are:
1. Have at least half a tank of fuel. Once your on the road, its not easy to find a petrol station at certain parts of the road.
2. Be prepared to have no signal for your HP.
3. Be extra careful when driving at night. Even though I didnt encounter any animals, just be vigilant and look far ahead to make sure you wont bang into one.

Just sharing, have fun!!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
so long the story............but not mentioned about what car you drove?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Thats the same feeling i enjoyed while working in rural area of N9.
There are lots of roads like that all over the country waiting to be discovered.

Last time i was enjoying a route from Juasseh to Simpang Pertang.have to very careful as got some very sharp corner without marking,off chamber corner,bump on mid corner.
agree with u on the hp signal.

there is also a simple strecth from gemencheh through rokan to kuala pilah.this one is very demanding to the car's tire and chassis.there is a short straight which when entered at good speed can see 180kmh on the speedo at least.and thats on a 125hp car.i bet on car whivh most of u guys drive can see 200kmh.

The road from tampin through johol to kuala pilah.great for corner kaki on lever surface.

imagine that..not on a highway.i am not promoting dangerous driving.me too dont do it all the time,only when the condition permit.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You dove back after lunch, and it took 4 hours. How did you manage to drive in the dark of the night?:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

There are lots of roads like that all over the country waiting to be discovered.

Last time i was enjoying a route from Juasseh to Simpang Pertang.have to very careful as got some very sharp corner without marking,off chamber corner,bump on mid corner.

there is also a simple strecth from gemencheh through rokan to kuala pilah.this one is very demanding to the car's tire and chassis.there is a short straight which when entered at good speed can see 180kmh on the speedo at least.and thats on a 125hp car.i bet on car whivh most of u guys drive can see 200kmh.

The road from tampin through johol to kuala pilah.great for corner kaki on lever surface.

imagine that..not on a highway.i am not promoting dangerous driving.me too dont do it all the time,only when the condition permit.
I used to go to PD from Nilai using federal road to see the rally last time. The route is also nice to drive....:biggrin:

tangtang22

Jul 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
You dove back after lunch, and it took 4 hours. How did you manage to drive in the dark of the night?:hmmmm:

That day late lunch, was travelling by bus from Johor Baru to Tangkak. So, only managed to have lunch at 5?? Can i call it lunch still since its only 2nd meal of the day??

LOL...

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Wow, must try such roads la... PLUS highway no fun driving anymore...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That day late lunch, was travelling by bus from Johor Baru to Tangkak. So, only managed to have lunch at 5?? Can i call it lunch still since its only 2nd meal of the day??

LOL...

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Wow, must try such roads la... PLUS highway no fun driving anymore...
Oh! wow! lunch at 5pm....no wonder.

Got time federal road are nice to drive, cooler also, but once they jam it may be pretty bad....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Only nice roads I tried are Ulu Yam and the S flyover exit to Federal via Western Digital.
You should try more federal roads......:driver:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
The best drive happens when I am with my gf on the deserted country road. The rest of the story you can fill in yourself.:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if i'm not chasing time...i'll choose trunk road anyday anytime! :driver: heck...even on massive traffic i still choose trunk road to avoid jams at highways.. :rofl:

just when im really sure the highways were clear enough then i'll take the highway....

after so long not enjoying trunk road night drive...last night my uncle and his family requested me to send them back home at gemas from seremban....so i filled my car up with ron97....sent them back at home gemas.....then i head back to seremban....maintain steady 100-120kmh no matter straight or bends....then took simpang 4 toll up till port dickson toll exit....1 hour and 30mins exact up to my door step..... (yeah i cheat a bit with occasional sprint beyond highway speed limit on the highway but no more than several short sprint) :driver:

very refreshing drive since the sg.kelamah up till tampin main road was a whole nice section highspeed touge road....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
if i'm not chasing time...i'll choose trunk road anyday anytime! :driver: heck...even on massive traffic i still choose trunk road to avoid jams at highways.. :rofl:

just when im really sure the highways were clear enough then i'll take the highway....

after so long not enjoying trunk road night drive...last night my uncle and his family requested me to send them back home at gemas from seremban....so i filled my car up with ron97....sent them back at home gemas.....then i head back to seremban....maintain steady 100-120kmh no matter straight or bends....then took simpang 4 toll up till port dickson toll exit....1 hour and 30mins exact up to my door step..... (yeah i cheat a bit with occasional sprint beyond highway speed limit on the highway but no more than several short sprint) :driver:

very refreshing drive since the sg.kelamah up till tampin main road was a whole nice section highspeed touge road....
that road is better these day.
last time full of holes.
agree with u on the speed.its a very high speed section.
just be careful from gemencheh to tampin as there are cows on the road.last time a satria was totalled in an accident tith the cows.2 cow died on the road.

u should take the route from gemencheh-kuala pilah-seremban much more fun....
dont take gemas-bahau-kuala pilah as the strecth from gemas to bahau is dull.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

my favourite spot was near the air mawang corner sequence as well as the akina 5 highspeed sequential corner near pekan senaling there :driver: *where i used to make my male friend screamed like a puss-y in my rally car..not once but a few more times...everytime without fail when we arrived at that area.. :rofl:

that road is better these day.
last time full of holes.
agree with u on the speed.its a very high speed section.
just be careful from gemencheh to tampin as there are cows on the road.last time a satria was totalled in an accident tith the cows.2 cow died on the road.

u should take the route from gemencheh-kuala pilah-seremban much more fun....
dont take gemas-bahau-kuala pilah as the strecth from gemas to bahau is dull.

naaahhhh..kuala pilah-seremban stretch now too crowded...tired because always need to overtake people...... prefer the simpang 4-linggi (via road towards masjid tanah) -rantau-home.....haha closer route...better driving experience because less car taking that route....

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I tried once Serembam to Kuala Pilah, very jam woh! but Kuala Pilah to Mersing.....shiok......:biggrin:

tangtang22

Jul 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I tried once Serembam to Kuala Pilah, very jam woh! but Kuala Pilah to Mersing.....shiok......:biggrin:
Road condition ok?? No pot holes?

IMHO, the basic requirements are:
1. Good road condition (no pot holes) and smooth roads.
2. Minimal road humps.
3. Manageable traffic.

Wa, guys, plz keep sharing the good roads for us to try out in the future!!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Road condition ok?? No pot holes?

IMHO, the basic requirements are:
1. Good road condition (no pot holes) and smooth roads.
2. Minimal road humps.
3. Manageable traffic.

Wa, guys, plz keep sharing the good roads for us to try out in the future!!
u should try the road from seremban tu pekan kuala kelawang first...a good mid-high speed with medium difficulty corner...

then going back to ampang via kuala kelawang-hulu langat batu14 route.....but that route i consider it as for more seasoned driver to enjoy the whole experience..since the number of corner sequence and corner difficulty is medium-high with very little straight line...and very minimal safety...its either u jump down the gaung,stopped in the longkang or stuck at the earth wall... :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

VEILSIDE for 350Z Community

Hi everyone,

We are glad to inform all of you that we are in the midst of bringing Veilside into Malaysia in the next couple of months. We are planning to have our Veilside soft launch products once we enter the Malaysian market.

As you all know that Veilside is the leading exclusive automotive product especially in body parts for aerodynamic and aesthetic enhancement of the vehicle.Veilside products have been featured in movies such as The Fast and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience