Do Ultra Racing Bars increase Car Safety?

LiteBulb

Jan 15, 2009
and in the event of an accident, roll cage will make it difficult for fireman to cut?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Want to increase the safety level of a car? Drive slow or at least according to the speed limit and responsibly.

No bars or roll cage can guarantee you to be 100% safe in an event of accident. The word itself says it all, accident. It is unpredictable and it can happen anytime, anywhere. Depending on what you hit or what hit you, the impact and damage to the car may vary in different situations.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Want to increase the safety level of a car? Drive slow or at least according to the speed limit and responsibly.

No bars or roll cage can guarantee you to be 100% safe in an event of accident. The word itself says it all, accident. It is unpredictable and it can happen anytime, anywhere. Depending on what you hit or what hit you, the impact and damage to the car may vary in different situations.
But then drive slow does not mean it is safe too. I have read many cases where the other party on the other side of the highway who was speeding, loose control jump over the divider and whack the innocent fellow driving at speed limit.....:banghead::banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
But then drive slow does not mean it is safe too. I have read many cases where the other party on the other side of the highway who was speeding, loose control jump over the divider and whack the innocent fellow driving at speed limit.....:banghead::banghead:
At least the chances of getting into an accident is lower though. If bring up the topic about other irresponsible drivers hitting you, then you really cannot say anything or do any prevention since it is not your fault. Except not sitting inside a car but that was out of the question.

What I can say is, drive slowly and responsibly to prevent yourself from getting into an accident that might involve other innocent road users. But it is easier said than done.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Better to be stuck in a roll-caged cabin than a mangled cabin with my legs pinned until something
Might be an enclosed BBQ session later.

If you're on third lane or the right most lane and on speed limit. You are right ma.
Renesis ni...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Might be an enclosed BBQ session later.

If you're on third lane or the right most lane and on speed limit. You are right ma.
Renesis ni...
The chances of BBQ is slimmer than being crushed to death in a overturned car mah.

And if you're on the most right lane sticking to the speed limit you aren't right, you're hogging the overtaking lane. So technically you're wrong. :driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The chances of BBQ is slimmer than being crushed to death in a overturned car mah.

And if you're on the most right lane sticking to the speed limit you aren't right, you're hogging the overtaking lane. So technically you're wrong. :driver:
Problem is chances of Myvi getting crushed/overturned or going up in flames is kinda level of risk in getting in any of those 3 situations.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Gotta disagree. Your statement is like that the middle lane is for the speed limit, and the right lane is for overtaking only where you have to go more than the speed limit to overtake.

Lets say all the cars in left lane doing 100kmh all the time, then you want to overtake. You would change to right lane, and speed up to 110kmh and drive in that lane for long coz you are actually overtaking all the cars doing 100kmh. Then a dude came from afar, doing 200kmh. You have 4 options:

1. Try to squeeze into the left lane full of cars and dont care if the left lane dude brake hard for you to get in.
2. Wait for the perfect opportunity to go into left lane, but causes the 200kmh speeding guy tailgating you and curse you for hogging
3. Continue to drive within speed limit and the speeding guy curses you
4. Speed up beyond 200kmh

You choose 1, means you agree that there is no problem to speeding and going against the law..
You choose 2, means you will piss off the guy behind you, but you not pissing off the driver at the left lane and not endangering yourself and the left lane dude
You choose 3, you will piss off the guy behind you, but you dont break the law and does not endanger any life.
You choose 4, if your car could, you are courting death.

Decisions...decisions....to me, I would choose number 2. Fuck the person behind. You wana speed, go elsewhere safer like a track or controlled road. You wana speed on public road then you gotta tolerate. Im not blindly giving in just to satisfy his stupidity. I have to make sure myself is safe.

I know that some would say that people can do 300kmh at Autobahn so why Malaysia only 110kmh? Because malaysia road got a lot a lot a lot pimples and dimples....whatever ultra hyper racing bars in the car cant save us man

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Gotta disagree. Your statement is like that the middle lane is for the speed limit, and the right lane is for overtaking only where you have to go more than the speed limit to overtake.

Lets say all the cars in left lane doing 100kmh all the time, then you want to overtake. You would change to right lane, and speed up to 110kmh and drive in that lane for long coz you are actually overtaking all the cars doing 100kmh. Then a dude came from afar, doing 200kmh. You have 4 options:

1. Try to squeeze into the left lane full of cars and dont care if the left lane dude brake hard for you to get in.
2. Wait for the perfect opportunity to go into left lane, but causes the 200kmh speeding guy tailgating you and curse you for hogging
3. Continue to drive within speed limit and the speeding guy curses you
4. Speed up beyond 200kmh

You choose 1, means you agree that there is no problem to speeding and going against the law..
You choose 2, means you will piss off the guy behind you, but you not pissing off the driver at the left lane and not endangering yourself and the left lane dude
You choose 3, you will piss off the guy behind you, but you dont break the law and does not endanger any life.
You choose 4, if your car could, you are courting death.

Decisions...decisions....to me, I would choose number 2. Fuck the person behind. You wana speed, go elsewhere safer like a track or controlled road. You wana speed on public road then you gotta tolerate. Im not blindly giving in just to satisfy his stupidity. I have to make sure myself is safe.

I know that some would say that people can do 300kmh at Autobahn so why Malaysia only 110kmh? Because malaysia road got a lot a lot a lot pimples and dimples....whatever ultra hyper racing bars in the car cant save us man
Choice number 2 and 3 is like almost the same. Both also involves blocking the 200kmh guy at behind...

Malaysia also can do 300kmh...
160 to 300km GTR R35 in malaysia - YouTube

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I agree and disagree with that cvkit.

If I were looking for an opportunity to move to the middle lane - that doesn't make me a road hog.

Stupidcar was saying going speed limit on the fast lane. That's road hogging if you're going to stay there.

But otherwise I do agree with what you said. Hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can someone teach me or help me on installing wira s.e bumper to wira sedan?? and the grill.. coz i install the grill, seen like "terkeluar" from the lamp..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience