Powder Coating for Rims

BeCool

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Hi All :itsme:

Good day.
Anyone sent sport rims to do powder coating before?
I'm thinking of powder coat my rims to white color.

Any good powder coating workshop can recommend me?
Not too sure can be done before CNY or not :biggrin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
google for

rempojo coating

and

coated by dynatech

keep in mind that powdercoating aint cheap

BeCool

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Thanks for your reply Bro! :biggrin:

Will call them tomorrow, hopefully can be done before CNY.

deenweirdoz

Oct 18, 2008
May I know what is the advantage of powder coating and usually what is the average cost?

diyrubberpaint.com

Jan 2, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
why not try rubber paint? you can spray them at sports rim as well.

i guess much cheaper and u can change the color anytime you like :)

ahlong

Known Member
Aug 18, 2008
Gombak - KL
done my rim by dynatech. that time the price for 15inch RM700 all 5 rims. dont know what the price. took me a week to collect the rim with nice jo,b.

BeCool

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
I was thinking to rubber dip at first. But after survey, it is matte surface and easy to gain stain because i'm planning to make it white in color.

So after few survey, i think powder coating will be better because it can last very long and not easy to get scratch too.

The finishing from Dynatech seems very good. Called them d, will arrange to sent my rim for powder coating. Bad news is need to wait the paint to arrived which took 2 weeks time.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

why not try rubber paint? you can spray them at sports rim as well.

i guess much cheaper and u can change the color anytime you like :)

Hey Bro, u selling the rubber paint?
Do you have gold color? how much is the price for 1 bottle of gold?
or do you have silver color as well?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

May I know what is the advantage of powder coating and usually what is the average cost?
Advantage is powder coating can last very long and very tough.
Not easily peel off or scratch because it is much thicker than the conventional liquid paint.

More info can be found here:
Powder coating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

diyrubberpaint.com

Jan 2, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I was thinking to rubber dip at first. But after survey, it is matte surface and easy to gain stain because i'm planning to make it white in color.

So after few survey, i think powder coating will be better because it can last very long and not easy to get scratch too.

The finishing from Dynatech seems very good. Called them d, will arrange to sent my rim for powder coating. Bad news is need to wait the paint to arrived which took 2 weeks time.

for rubber paint, they have not only matte white but also have glossy white :)

Hey Bro, u selling the rubber paint?
Do you have gold color? how much is the price for 1 bottle of gold?
or do you have silver color as well?
check ur pm :)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Rubber paint is easy to clean. No polishing needed. Even painted rims will get stained. Just need to know how to keep the car clean :smile:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Can give YR Auto Centre a try. Just did mine a few months back at RM550 for whole set including knocking plus repairs and got it done in slightly over a week. Their thread below:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...r-rim-repair-and-spray-service-centre-11.html

thats not YR Auto... Thats P&R Profess. the signboard also says P&R Profess.

YR Auto is a tire shop on a corner lot. P&R Profess is a few doors away from YR Auto.

did my wheels there before... spraying and fixing minor kerb rash RM330 total...but i dont think they do powder coating

Oct 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Eh? From the link given the map it says YR Auto. Unless they just use the map as a guide.

Actually now that you mention it very confusing indeed. Title says P&R, map says YR Auto. How's P&R btw?

thats not YR Auto... Thats P&R Profess. the signboard also says P&R Profess.

YR Auto is a tire shop on a corner lot. P&R Profess is a few doors away from YR Auto.

did my wheels there before... spraying and fixing minor kerb rash RM330 total...but i dont think they do powder coating

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Eh? From the link given the map it says YR Auto. Unless they just use the map as a guide.

Actually now that you mention it very confusing indeed. Title says P&R, map says YR Auto. How's P&R btw?
theyre just using the map as a guide... YR Auto is a corner lot tire shop... P&R is about 2-3 doors away only on the same block.

How's P&R? good... friendly too. give them a call before you go.

one thing though, they do not have spare wheels for u to use... so ur gonna have to send wheels that has been unmounted from the car without tires to them....u can send with tires... and theyll send to YR Auto to remove the tires...but will charge u about RM5 or something like that.

Oct 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Ahhhh I see, another place to keep in mind for the future.

Okay just for future knowledge for other people, YR Auto will provide you a set of wheels to use while your own gets done.

theyre just using the map as a guide... YR Auto is a corner lot tire shop... P&R is about 2-3 doors away only on the same block.

How's P&R? good... friendly too. give them a call before you go.

one thing though, they do not have spare wheels for u to use... so ur gonna have to send wheels that has been unmounted from the car without tires to them....u can send with tires... and theyll send to YR Auto to remove the tires...but will charge u about RM5 or something like that.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sifu,

i planning to send my engine for full balancing but i don have any idea who and where to send it.I heard there is 1 in damansara but im not sure abt it. Any other recommend reputated machinery shop can do this in kl? how much would they charge?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience