Diy MegaSquirts V2.2 Question..

niccm0314

May 20, 2012
negeri sembilan
Hi all,

I'm planning to diy a MegaSquirts V2.2 to my saga lmst year 2004 to convert from carburetor to EFI system.The question is the throttle body,injectors,all the sensors,fuel pump,distributor,intake manifold need to use from a set of parts from 4g15/13 efi system?All the sensors from 4g15 efi system can b work with megasquirts or not? Also how much do the hardware that i listed cost? pls give some advice n comments thank you..:biggrin:

Dec 28, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
bro,
how much u purchase the megasquirt and where u bought it?
Do u have link to the megasquirt complete manual? and also datasheet of the injector, etc stuff that u wanna use?

JTY

Jun 23, 2011
Petaling Jaya
www.tachtronix.com
I have done over dozen megasquirt conversion to several different car types from 4cyl -> v8, currently v12 in progress.
Megasquirt is very flexible with sensors as you can self calibrate what ever sensor you want. There is ready made calibration tables in built for most common sensors. Also everything can be changed to suit your needs on the megasquirt. The best version is of course the latest MS3+MS3X because it has latest processor technology and very wide IO capabilities.

If need for any megasquirt tune or installation help, just pm me, also have supply for real machine made MS ECU's with proper casing.

niccm0314

May 20, 2012
negeri sembilan
hi bro do u have any facebook that can easier contact u? the latest version is hard to build all the components r in smd.. the v2.2 mega squirts is it will make my car slower compare with factory carburetor set up?:confused:

Dec 28, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
my facebook and email is [email protected]

frankly i've read about mega squirts but never really have hands off experience about it. My experience is 7 years back, when i'm help my friends doing installation for the halteck e6k, management ECU.

you already install complete mega squirt in your care?

niccm0314

May 20, 2012
negeri sembilan
no i have not install in the car because i kinda worry the version 2.2 with standard microp will provide slow output to the injector make car slower then the carburetor system..:confused:
i already added u in fb.. named babecube..

JTY

Jun 23, 2011
Petaling Jaya
www.tachtronix.com
no i have not install in the car because i kinda worry the version 2.2 with standard microp will provide slow output to the injector make car slower then the carburetor system..:confused:
i already added u in fb.. named babecube..

MS won't make you car slower than carburator LOL
After MS your car is going to be more powerfull and much much better fuel economy.
Best way is to install MS to control fuel and ignition, that way you get best control of the engine and most power.

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
hi bro do u have any facebook that can easier contact u? the latest version is hard to build all the components r in smd.. the v2.2 mega squirts is it will make my car slower compare with factory carburetor set up?:confused:
I'm also planning to build MegaSquirt V2.2 for Mitsubishi Lancer EL 1996 same with your Proton Wira.

I don't have enough budget yet. So I'm planning to make my own pcb for MegaSquirt V2.2 and buy electronic components locally (Philippines) or abroad to build it. I have long years of experienced in electronics and design. So, it will not be a problem building the unit.:biggrin:

Can you please give the link for the MegaSquirt V2.2 "smd component version". I already downloaded V2.2 but its a "thru hole version component".

Last edited:

JTY

Jun 23, 2011
Petaling Jaya
www.tachtronix.com
I'm also planning to build MegaSquirt V2.2 for Mitsubishi Lancer EL 1996 same with your Proton Wira.

I don't have enough budget yet. So I'm planning to make my own pcb for MegaSquirt V2.2 and buy electronic components locally (Philippines) or abroad to build it. I have long years of experienced in electronics and design. So, it will not be a problem building the unit.:biggrin:

Can you please give the link for the MegaSquirt V2.2 "smd component version". I already downloaded V2.2 but its a "thru hole version component".

So you want to build the SMD version, may i ask why ?
It's going to be difficult and hand made SMD version is going to be unstable without proper machine made SMD boards. So i would suggest you build normal thru hole board and prefer the lates MS2 board v3.57

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
So you want to build the SMD version, may i ask why?
It's going to be difficult and hand made SMD version is going to be unstable without proper machine made SMD boards. So i would suggest you build normal thru hole board and prefer the lates MS2 board v3.57
Just for experience. But after googling. There's no smd version of MS V2.2. Only thru hole board version.

There's a smd version but it's MS2 V3.0. But pcb layout was not included because it was designed for multi-layer pcb. Inner layer was for separate ground and signals for processor to avoid electrical ground noise from high current drivers.

And your correct. Multi-layer board would be very difficult to hand made pcb board.

JTY

Jun 23, 2011
Petaling Jaya
www.tachtronix.com
Just for experience. But after googling. There's no smd version of MS V2.2. Only thru hole board version.

There's a smd version but it's MS2 V3.0. But pcb layout was not included because it was designed for multi-layer pcb. Inner layer was for separate ground and signals for processor to avoid electrical ground noise from high current drivers.

And your correct. Multi-layer board would be very difficult to hand made pcb board.
Yes v3.x is far superior to older 2.x design, v3.x really was the first really working megasquirt.
I have used boards from MS1 -> MS3, best MS2 design was microsquirt with proper breakout board. It has very good noise handling even with very noisy ignition.

I would buy ready made MS2 v3.57 board nad use that as build base.
:itsme:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bro kc...since you have those knowledge,you can up to your own business...and you should know that...at msia not much detailer like you....few more weeks untill march oo bro ...:biggrin:

HI Ling Reiden
thanks for asking & you really make me to rethink

Msia does have lots of talented people, everyone is gifted in one way or another......
if you have been in many of clinic you would have probably hear me...using Msia Boleh

PEndrive -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience