Open Pod or Drop-In Intake Filter

devil_kevin

Jun 16, 2011
Bros, I'm driving a Honda City 2009 auto tranny. Everything is still stock except changing to drop-in filter. Planning to change to to open pod filter. Is it advisable to do so or should i just stick back to drop-in. What other things I can change?

Timeattacker

Mar 8, 2012
m.facebook.com
Hi Bro,
Open-Pod is usually for those Modded Car,but if ur car is NA type,better choosed the Drop-In type and plus ur driving auto tranny u need low-mid end torque(Drop-In Type).As i know drop in is for pickup and open pod is for end power..Plus,Open-Pod,for power on higher revs and is noisy,and drop in - for power on lower revs and is quiet..Somemore,drop-in can Save ur $$$,- lifetime no need to change filter coz is re-useable and washable..

U better make ur choice wise if not .. your $$ will fly away

P/S: Please correct me if i am wrong,just my 2cents..

:driver::burnout:

D7zul

Feb 24, 2011
to get more power, u need this formula

AIR + FUEL + SPARK = POWER

MORE AIR + MORE FUEL + MORE SPARK = MORE POWER..

open pod provides more air than a drop in air filter

so, it's up2u :wink:

Gudluck :burnout:

pwhyze

Mar 1, 2011
to get more power, u need this formula

AIR + FUEL + SPARK = POWER

MORE AIR + MORE FUEL + MORE SPARK = MORE POWER..

open pod provides more air than a drop in air filter

so, it's up2u :wink:

Gudluck :burnout:
True, but too simplistic. Open pod usually makes power at the top end, therefore not suitable for autos in general. Plus, hot air = bad air. Get a CAI kit, more (good) air = Power!

devil_kevin

Jun 16, 2011
i been told by few ppl the same thing but still ppl changing to open pod for honda city 09 so that's y i'm asking opinion from experts.

leave it stock standard.. the gains from the open pod alone is negligible. max gains on an NA car is what? 3bhp if you are lucky? you turn off your air con you get 3bhp for free.

D7zul

Feb 24, 2011
horses are not cheap these days..

3 horse is "not cheap" times 3.. hehe

hamtaro00

Sep 26, 2011
drop in will do
unless city have the paddle shifter [dont remember if they have it or not for your version] and u tend to rev high high. if overall stock, then drop in.

open pod good when u tend to drive more aggressively , rev kau kau =)

throw in aftermarket exhaust manifold and a lighten crank pulley = happy

D7zul

Feb 24, 2011
True, but too simplistic. Open pod usually makes power at the top end, therefore not suitable for autos in general. Plus, hot air = bad air. Get a CAI kit, more (good) air = Power!
1 cubic centimeter (cc) of cool air has more oxygen molecule than 1cc of hot air..

bad or good air is depending on the situation u're in..

if u're in hyperthermia, what kind of air would u want? :wink:

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

and i think auto or manual, it doesn't matter what intake u put..

the type of exhaust is important..

because bigger & more free flowing exhaust will produce more power at high rpm but lesser power at low rpm

from my knowledge la :biggrin:

pwhyze

Mar 1, 2011
1 cubic centimeter (cc) of cool air has more oxygen molecule than 1cc of hot air..

bad or good air is depending on the situation u're in..

if u're in hyperthermia, what kind of air would u want? :wink:

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

and i think auto or manual, it doesn't matter what intake u put..

the type of exhaust is important..

because bigger & more free flowing exhaust will produce more power at high rpm but lesser power at low rpm

from my knowledge la :biggrin:
Cold air = good air is what I meant..hehe

Well, exhaust only channels what comes out of the engine, which comes from the intake...so if you have better flowing exhaust but restrictive intake, it wouldn't do you any good.

Autos mostly change gear at mid range rpm, so if your intake makes power at the top end, useless lor....unless kaw2 tekan in final gear la...

mick87

Apr 19, 2009
i suggest throw in aftermarket exhaust manifold and a lighten crank pulley will be good enuf. My first mod on my alza was aftermarket exhaust manifold which i can see significant improvement on pick-up.

Hi All,

shopping around for a car - three top choices are Accord Euro R, Integra R, or the GTI
Anyone can share some info on the following on the GTI:
- any major differences between 05-07 models? Are all Mk5 and about the same?
- always been wary of Euro car electronics - any issues here like ECU problems, etc?
- seen a couple of 2 door versions being advertised - is the engine etc the same as the 4 door?
- what main things to look out for when checking one out?

Got plenty of...