ZTH MINI Club!

cls_minifan

Jan 10, 2005
Visit site
BAD970, fastclubman:
What do u think if the Rover Mini Cooper brought from Japan, not half-cut, but registered legal? With the spec above mentioned, about how much?
Do u have any information or details for this engine: Cooper Touring S/ S Sport 5?
Is it rarely find in Malaysia? Buy from half cut, how much is it?
:P

BAD970

Jan 24, 2005
KL
-
Originally posted by cls_minifan@Feb 8 2005, 14:40
BAD970, fastclubman:
What do u think if the Rover Mini Cooper brought from Japan, not half-cut, but registered legal? With the spec above mentioned, about how much?
Do u have any information or details for this engine: Cooper Touring S/ S Sport 5?
Is it rarely find in Malaysia? Buy from half cut, how much is it?
:P
cls_minifan,

Ok, this is the info i know for that.. it's actually a special edition version (Mini Cooper S Sport 5) there are many more editions like that... Like i've mentioned below which are all special edition Mini's. :o

As far as i know for a Mini Cooper S Sport 5, it's still with a 1275cc engine, with leather stearing, seats, knobs, alloy door handles, walnut dashbooard, sport pac arches, 13' mini lite alloy rims, chrome bumper etc. and the only different thing is that it comes with 5 speed gearbox which is a original factory fitted item. It was made in the year 1999 in UK... the price for new then in UK, was about £14,000. :blink:

But nowdays you can only get in a potong kereta lah... if you're lucky you get some of this special edition coming by. Usually only 200 to 250 unts are built. :lol:

And for this spec, it should be about RM 8,000 to 10,000 whole car.. It's up to you to nego with them lah... if half cut car, maybe RM 3,000 to RM 3,500 or maybe less or even more.. must see the place lah & who you know.. :P

Other Special Editions:

1976 Mini 1000 'Stripey' LE
1979 Mini 1100 Special
1983 Mini Sprite
1984 Mini 25
1985 Mini Ritz
1985 Mini Chelsea
1986 Mini Piccadilly
1987 Mini Park Lane
1987 Mini Advantage
1988 Mini Red Hot
1988 Mini Jet Black
1988 Mini Designer
1989 Mini Rose
1989 Mini Sky
1989 Mini Racing
1989 Mini Flame
1989 Mini 30
1990 Mini Racing Green
1990 Mini Flame Red
1990 Mini Check Mate
1990 Mini Studio 2
1990 Mini Cooper RSP
1991 Mini Neon
1991 Mini Cabriolet
1992 Mini British Open Classic
1992 Mini Italian Job
1993 Mini Rio
1993 Mini Tahiti
1994 Mini 35
1994 Mini Cooper Monte Carlo
1994 Mini Cooper Grand Prix
1995 Mini Sidewalk
1996 Mini EquinoX
1996 Mini Cooper 35
1998 Mini Paul Smith
1998 Mini Cooper Sports
1999 Mini Cooper S Touring
1999 Mini Cooper S Sport 5
1999 Mini Cooper S Works
1999 Mini 40
1999 John Cooper LE
2000 Mini Cooper Sport 500

BAD970 :ph34r:

fastclubman

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
clsminifan,

BAD970 is spot on with that answer. Have you seen this car yet? What price did the seller quote to you?

the rest,

how coem so quiet?

fastclubman

sureshn

Known Member
Dec 5, 2004
NS
Visit site
wah ... since the president left, this place has become so quiet! i've been away on CNY break n i assume most ppl r/were still away - hence the sudden drop of traffic.

oh r we mourning the 'departure' of our president? ;)

my mokey is running sweet generally but as expected, another prob just cropped up - the petrol is leaking away somewhere. tomorrow's job is to take the tank out for inspection n then trace the fuel line to the carby.

oh ... i travel at 40mph (according to my 850 white face speedo) n my friend in another car behind me clocks me at 100kph! hehehe ....

cls_minifan

Jan 10, 2005
Visit site
BAD970,
Really can get the whole car around 8-10k? Could u plz tell me where is it, so i can go and neg with them.....haha......thanks, my friend.....

fastclubman

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
sureshn,

sounds like you are having good fun with the mokey! Fuel smell is normal for mini's though! I kinda like driving with the fuel smell, makes you high and feel good while driving! hehehehe....

My mini is back in teh workshop for its 400km oil change! Getting the air cond fixed while i am doing that and also to put in the ultra lite steel flywheel and backplate! Some little tweaking here and there too, so it should be a lil better when its out i hope. It does 120 km/h at about 4000 rpm, so its all good when it was running and cant wait to touch 7000rpm and beyond!

cls_minifan,

not such place as a best place! its just luck sometimes ! :)

BAD970

Jan 24, 2005
KL
-
Originally posted by cls_minifan@Feb 15 2005, 10:24
Hi all,
Could u plz tell me where is the best place to find for half-cut (roof cut) or whole car? How much is the cost range about?
cls_minifan,

Like what Fastclubman said.. there's no best place or a good place.. you got to scout around a lot for these things.. you got to look aound the potong kereta's around the klang valley and if you get the chance to go outstation like JB or Ipoh would be also nice. B)

In simple words.. you'd never know whats where untill you really look around hard.. containers & shipments come in usually once in every 2 months at the average..

The cost will be around like what i've mentioned to you in my past postings..

Good Luck!

p/s: Do you already have a Mini grant in hand?

cchoi

Known Member
Jan 5, 2005
Visit site
cls_minifan,

As wat BAD970 had mentioned, the MINI grant is very important to get things moving. Those Jap imports dont have any registeration in MY. You need to get one locally and start your conversion. And thats why earlier I have been asking about engine conversion from 850 to 1100 to 1300.(if u remember reading it). without a local grant u wont get JPJ approval.

cheers......

sureshn

Known Member
Dec 5, 2004
NS
Visit site
fastclubman,
yup, having great fun with mokey! took the fuel tank out today and saw tiny cracks around the fuel outlet (where the fuel hose connects). despite them being tiny cracks, certainly much petrol is coming out of them! tomorrow's job: seremban for welding the holes. erm ... i wonder what other probs going to crop up.

so, u r already into tweaking the engine. 7000rpm soon! does ur mechanic do the flywheel with the engine still in-car? i did that once, to change the clutch plate. gosh! i strained my back seriously then! sometimes the flywheel just does not want to come off!

hans

Known Member
Dec 24, 2004
p.j
Yo! Bro fastclubman,

Wanna test run your powerful MINI with ours? Mini engine vs Mini engine.

Let me know if u agree. Few cars will be participating. Location not in the track.

fastclubman

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
sureshn,

the entire engine and drivetrain was built outside, but had some problems with the flywheel that i bought, so now he has to do it while the engine in place.

Havent touched more then 4500 rpm, so I just have to wait as i am still running it in. Technically the cam should do well over 8000 rpm, but thats something to be tested much later on! :)

hans,

sounds good, but my car is still not sorted out yet! I am still not happy with the carburation and the cooling woes. Once all that is sorted and also when i have fully run in the car, prob we can try for a friendly one! :) Meanwhile I will have to wait for all this to be sorted out!

fastclubman

4G15mini

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I just want to ask about Mini's fuel consumption. I understand that it depends on a number of factors but your rough average is appreciated. I'm currently getting only around 150km per RM20 of regular fuel (13sen/km or 9.4L/100km) with my 1978 Clubman 1000 (M). This is as much as my 1996 Wira 1.5GL (M) for similar driving conditions :( Perhaps after the next service and some tuning things will get better B) .. coz the engine is from a halfcut I got about 1000+ km ago.

Thanks in advance and have fun with your Minis :D

BAD970

Jan 24, 2005
KL
-
Originally posted by sureshn@Feb 15 2005, 19:58
fastclubman,
yup, having great fun with mokey! took the fuel tank out today and saw tiny cracks around the fuel outlet (where the fuel hose connects). despite them being tiny cracks, certainly much petrol is coming out of them! tomorrow's job: seremban for welding the holes. erm ... i wonder what other probs going to crop up.

so, u r already into tweaking the engine. 7000rpm soon! does ur mechanic do the flywheel with the engine still in-car? i did that once, to change the clutch plate. gosh! i strained my back seriously then! sometimes the flywheel just does not want to come off!
Hi sureshn,

Wah! cracks on the fuel tank outlet heh? Bro, from exerience not a lot of people would dare weld a fuel tank unless it really clear of petrol fumes etc.. so it's advisable you change the tank lah... is it the larger tank you already have or it's the smaller 1?

I mean if they can weld it's ok... but can change it means betterlah... :rolleyes:

Just my 2 sens worth.. :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Fit (Jazz) Stolen - Please Help

October 3rd 2005,

it was a sad occasion for us in the jazz fit friends club (jffc) to find out that one of our members had got hijacked of her car. the incident happened around the Kepong area when a waja hit her car and three chineses guys came out to hijack it. on the bright side, she wasn't hurt. this happened around 11.30pm.

we at jffc would appreciate it if you zth-ians can help out.

here's the details of the car:
blue fit WLW 1219 with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience